Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/xq35.mp4?token=1476503918_27629a33d4509a0f8cfb27f4a89f323bbbdb7f2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://i.imgur.com/ZI3UU7J.mp4

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
If only Pagan could play left as well as he can body slam people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's still September 30th on the only coast that matters hth

Also so people don't miss it, the best baseball video of all goddamn time
https://twitter.com/ericoconnor22/status/782061896446779392

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

It's still September 30th in all the time zones that aren't lovely but I'm going to bed soon and I tend to sleep super late on Saturdays so I just wanted to get the thread up now instead of at like 5pm when I finally remember to do it after watching Civ VI videos/streams all day.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
It's still September 30, and the 2016 Minnesota Twins are officially the worst Twins ever. Congratulations on a franchise-record season, everyone!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe I'm being a big old homer but I think there is a pretty good chance Jon Daniels wins Executive of the Year in this year, the year 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Altuve is going to win the batting title again, but that .337 average doesn't look so hot considering he was hitting .366/.429/.581 a little over a month ago. Since that point he's .241/.279/.379 and absolutely a big reason the Astros faded down the stretch after getting within a game of the wild card (though nowhere close to as big a reason as the god awful pitching)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

who is cutting these loving onions in this thread god drat

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

gently caress it's October and I still can't remember a guy who plays for the A's. I was TRYING TO FIX THIS

Chris Davis, the guy who was with the Orioles right?

Uh, Daric Barton? I have to do way better next year

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Tom Gorman posted:

gently caress it's October and I still can't remember a guy who plays for the A's. I was TRYING TO FIX THIS

No, you're thinking of Khris Davis, who does in fact play for the A's iirc. Chris Davis was traded from Texas to Baltimore a few years back, and signed a 7 year deal with them this past offseason.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

Chris Davis is still on the Orioles, as far as I know. [EDIT: disregard, I've been corrected above] Khris Davis is the guy with 41 homers for the A's.

Yes I conflated them too until I actually got used to seeing Khris Davis.

To be fair, every other A's player you've heard of was traded away [to the Dodgers] this year, except for Sonny Gray, who was on the DL during trade season.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Sonny Gray! Yeah, that's right. I can remember him til the season ends. Go A's!

Go baseball! By this time next year I'll be able to name a starting pitcher for Milwaukee.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Stephen Vogt!

Sean Doolittle!

Uhm.

I live in the Bay Area and this is embarrassing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Is anyone else confused as to why the security in this instance was just walking after the guy before Pagan took him down? Every time I've ever seen a fan run on the field at a game, security guards are sprinting after him immediately.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

From other videos I've watched, that particular security guard got juked by the guy, who used Crawford as a pick (literally). He probably was called off by the guys who came in from off-screen so they could keep a perimeter.

Also there's finally footage of the other guy! It's not a takedown but somehow just as funny
https://twitter.com/sactotrixie/status/782076181223006208
Gerald Dempsey Posey III needs none of your poo poo

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Stephen Vogt!

Sean Doolittle!

Uhm.

It's okay. Mostly it's weird because I think this the season I've paid the least attention to baseball as I have in the last 25+ years. My MLBTV probably had negative value. But I can't really pinpoint why.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress, I just realized I'm going to be rooting for the Sox this last weekend.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Stephen Vogt!

Sean Doolittle!

Uhm.

Valencia, who always murders the Astros

e: I guess that was residual memory from last season (.436/.522/.821) because he was actually very bad against us this season (.157/.283/.235)

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

How could anyone forget A's franchise cornerstone Billy Butler???

Oh wait you said plays, not played

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Intruder posted:

Valencia, who always murders the Astros

e: I guess that was residual memory from last season (.436/.522/.821) because he was actually very bad against us this season (.157/.283/.235)

ha HAAA you're getting old too!

yesss

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sogard? Does he still play for the A's? I always liked his coke bottle glasses.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Sean Manaea has a 2.64 ERA in the 2nd half!

Jharel Cotton was the key piece received in the Hill/Reddick trade and he's been really good in September! https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/wxji.mp4?token=1476512700_ed02a91f7c599f2399e1feaa65d4a5840a7c8ef7

Ryon Healy was hitting .313/.346/.531 heading into tonight and hit his 13th HR this evening (in 70 games)!

Ryan Dull...uh, he's really cool. Has a .832 WHIP I guess

I'm excited to watch these young guns fight for 4th next year, and maybe 3rd the year after!

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 1, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Is signing Billy Butler the worst deal Billy Beane has ever done?

Well, aside from trading Donaldson.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Blue Jays are in trouble, after the bullpen barfed a fart in two of the last three. They're now effectively even with Detroit, except Detroit is playing Atlanta while Toronto is playing Boston.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Even if Franklin Barreto pans out, I'll hate the Donaldson trade forever, but at least it left the possibility of Franklin Barreto panning out. Making Billy Butler the highest paid player on the team, on a three year deal, had no possible upside.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Spoeank posted:

Spoeank posted:

Also there's finally footage of the other guy! It's not a takedown but somehow just as funny
https://twitter.com/sactotrixie/status/782076181223006208
Gerald Dempsey Posey III needs none of your poo poo

Angel Pagan is my husband, and Buster Posey is my best friend. :allears:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dutchy posted:

Even if Franklin Barreto pans out, I'll hate the Donaldson trade forever, but at least it left the possibility of Franklin Barreto panning out. Making Billy Butler the highest paid player on the team, on a three year deal, had no possible upside.

Billy Butler made more than Josh Donaldson that year

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Also, Justin Upton, who had 4 home runs after 66 games, is now 1 away from tying his career high.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Probably not the worst deal but renting Jason Hamel and Jeff Samardjiza from the Cubs for Addison Russell didn't really pan out.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ice To Meet You posted:

Also, Justin Upton, who had 4 home runs after 66 games, is now 1 away from tying his career high.

I wondered if he'd even get his OPS back over .700. He'd been dogshit in every month but July.

Maybe spread it out a bit next year, Justin?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I realize he's not particularly well-loved outside of the Cardinals but Matt Holliday had a moment last night. For context, the Cardinals announced earlier in the day that they'd decline their $17M option on him for next year, meaning that it's very likely he won't be back in St. Louis after more than 7 years, 6 post-season trips, 4 LCS's, 2 pennants and a World Series ring. He's played out the largest contract the Cardinals have ever awarded and is the rare large free-agent contract, particularly among those awarded to a player over 30, that isn't viewed as an overpay or failure. He'd been on the disabled list since early August when a HBP broke his thumb. In his first and possibly last plate appearance this season since being activated from the disabled list, this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw7cKnHUHUQ.This week has had a lot of really cinematic home runs and while this one wasn't nearly as emotional as the Gordon or Diaz ones it still got to me. For more on why Matt Holliday is underrated and the poster boy for the Hall of Very Good, you can read here: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-matt-holliday-st-louis-cardinals/

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

The Blue Jays are in trouble, after the bullpen barfed a fart in two of the last three. They're now effectively even with Detroit, except Detroit is playing Atlanta while Toronto is playing Boston.

I like this because I'd rather play Detroit at home than the Blue Jays on the road

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Artix posted:

No, you're thinking of Khris Davis, who does in fact play for the A's iirc. Chris Davis was traded from Texas to Baltimore a few years back, and signed a 7 year deal with them this past offseason.

Don't forget that he only got that deal because Dan Duquette is a goddamn idiot and Boras manipulated the Orioles into bidding against themselves for Davis.

God, I hate Duquette. The Orioles should have let him go for a box of baseballs when the Blue Jays wanted to hire him away.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If the Mariners win, and Toronto loses, they will be tied for the 2nd wildcard spot.

If Baltimore loses and the Mariners win their next 2 games, they'll be tied as well.

I've been put into a situation where I must root for the Yankees and Red Sox.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Pancakes posted:

He'd been on the disabled list since early August when a HBP broke his thumb. In his first and possibly last plate appearance this season since being activated from the disabled list, this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw7cKnHUHUQ.

Man, that's great. I love stuff like this no matter who the guy is.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Trading Tyson Ross for Andy Parrino and Andrew Werner was also real bad.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

YeahTubaMike posted:

Angel Pagan is my husband, and Buster Posey is my best friend. :allears:

Any fan who runs onto the field deserves whatever kind of takedown he gets.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Hand Knit posted:

Everyone seems to be complaining that the Jays offense is the issue, but I'm not sure why they're choosing to ignore this dogshit bullpen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

seiferguy posted:

I've been put into a situation where I must root for the Yankees and Red Sox.

I know, it sucks. :(

• Locked thread