Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Twin Cinema posted:

Everyone seems to be complaining that the Jays offense is the issue, but I'm not sure why they're choosing to ignore this dogshit bullpen.

You don't have to choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
http://nyti.ms/2dhWjCz

I didn't know that the Orioles did This Land is Young Land at the seventh-inning stretch. That's cool.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Oh hell yes

http://tinyurl.com/jnc429m (trigger warning, Toronto Sun)

quote:

Why, for example, would the leaders on the team allow someone to put up on a wall photos of two Toronto sports writers with an 'X' scratched on their face and a message written on top reading, ‘Do not grant them interviews’ (or words to that effect)?

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
That sounds like leadership to me

Edit: It's the Sun I know, but jesus that was poorly written

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Hand Knit posted:

I didn't know that the Orioles did This Land is Young Land at the seventh-inning stretch. That's cool.

This is rad as hell. I did not know the O's were doing this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Twin Cinema posted:

Everyone seems to be complaining that the Jays offense is the issue, but I'm not sure why they're choosing to ignore this dogshit bullpen.

Probably because the offense was supposed to carry this team. As a whole the pitching has been a pleasant surprise this year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eat poo poo non wild card havers.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

davecrazy posted:

Eat poo poo non wild card havers.

:boom:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Let's go the Mets, the Dodgers, the Nationals, the Rangers, the Orioles, the Blue Jays, the Tigers, the Mariners, the Indians, the Giants, and the Red Sox, in no particular order.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Lester staring game one scares me, I see bunts for days.

JeterianGiftBasket
Jul 9, 2016

#re2pect

Hand Knit posted:

Well, gently caress. I guess I have to love the Orioles now.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ALFbrot posted:

Let's go the Mets, the Dodgers, the Nationals, the Rangers, the Orioles, the Blue Jays, the Tigers, the Mariners, the Indians, the Giants, and the Red Sox, in no particular order.

Counterpoint: let's go The Cubs

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I feel it. I feel the even year bullshit beginning. It is when players named "Ty Blach" pitch better than Clayton Kershaw.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

GeneX posted:

Counterpoint: let's go The Cubs

Wow, gross

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JosefStalinator posted:

I feel it. I feel the even year bullshit beginning. It is when players named "Ty Blach" pitch better than Clayton Kershaw.

Someone let Kershaw know it was October.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

It is real and it is happening now. Save us, Thor!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

JosefStalinator posted:

I feel it. I feel the even year bullshit beginning. It is when rookie pitchers named "Ty Blach" have better at bats than the entire dodgers lineup.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Someone let Kershaw know it was October.
Yeah he sure looked awful today didn't he! :hurr:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

bawfuls posted:

Well he did walk a guy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bawfuls posted:

Outdueled by Ty Blach my man

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

to be fair the way kershaw lost today is exactly how he usually loses in the playoffs. looks great, then gets oldmanHR'd-bloopsingle'd-balloffhisleg'd-throwing error'd to death.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Never should have gotten rid of A.J. Ellis

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Der Meister posted:

to be fair the way kershaw lost today is exactly how he usually loses in the playoffs. looks great, then gets oldmanHR'd-bloopsingle'd-balloffhisleg'd-throwing error'd to death.
no, that was my point
The infamous games were like a series of bloops followed by a 3 run dinger and a complete meltdown, 4+ runs in an inning. Today was not that

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bawfuls posted:

no, that was my point
The infamous games were like a series of bloops followed by a 3 run dinger and a complete meltdown, 4+ runs in an inning. Today was not that

so you're only impressed by fat man dingers?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
:nws: Whose pasty white rear end got broadcast on live TV today?

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
So the receiver of Nolan Ryan's fists is out. Not really a surprise I guess

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I liked Renteria and thought he was good on the Cubs before they completely hosed him over to sign Maddon.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Finally, Rentaria seemed like a very competent manager I didn't think it would take this long for him to land a spot.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Rick Renteria is a cool guy and I'm happy to see him getting another chance.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Toronto is guaranteed a game 163 :)

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Can someone tell me if the red sox need to try to win tommorow for some kind of home field thing or will it be a throw away game?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Wrong

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Hand Knit posted:

Toronto is guaranteed a game 163 :)

I just bought a pair of tickets to the tie breaker.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

THANK THE LORD

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

My desire is for the O's to win and everyone else lose out tomorrow.

But god drat if the chaos option of a 3 way tie is not appealing

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
https://twitter.com/RandallJSanders/status/782384961831768064

lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So if the Orioles lose, Jays lose, Tigers win 2, and Mariners win tonight (losing right now) and tomorrow, there are 4 AL wild card teams.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

patonthebach posted:

Can someone tell me if the red sox need to try to win tommorow for some kind of home field thing or will it be a throw away game?

The Dodgers' have no direct benefit to play for tomorrow and have the NLDS to look forward to. In theory they should just throw out scrubs tomorrow. However, I'm REALLY hoping spite/divisional rivalry drives them. A Giants loss and Cardinals win forces a game 163.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So if the Orioles lose, Jays lose, Tigers win 2, and Mariners win tonight (losing right now) and tomorrow, there are 4 AL wild card teams.

That's AL baseball, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Praying 4 this

• Locked thread