Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
good bye andrew mccutchen, it has been very nice having you on the pirates for many very good years. i will miss you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

IcePhoenix posted:

This would mean the Cubs losing in the LDS to the Giants which I am 100% down for.

It'll happen regardless

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byron Buxton went from home to home in 14.05 seconds on an inside the park homerun as a right handed batter.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1200954583/mincws-buxtons-1405second-insidethepark-homer/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the giants just two innings away from winning the world series

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
a run?!! what wizardy is this

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Dodgers honoring Vin's legacy by getting swept by their rivals, gently caress the Dodgers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

There is literally no point to the post-season now.

Congrats to the Giants.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The story of Verlander's entire season: Goes out there and pitches an absolute gem, and his expensive teammates get shut right the gently caress out by inferior competition.

At least Ausmus is probably gone next week.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

There is literally no point to the post-season now.

Congrats to the Giants.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
And after all of those glorious tiebreaking scenarios, none of them will happen and the Giants will end up winning their 4th title in 7 seasons

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

no, I'm not crying, that's you :(

https://twitter.com/VinScullyTweet/status/782706837544050688

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it wasn't just vin's last day

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSD/status/782681631924432896

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
*whoops wrong thread, nm*

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Detroit-Cleveland is unnecessary, so Michael Fulmer finishes short of the innings threshhold, which means that Aaron Sanchez is your 2016 AL ERA champion.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sad the Astros missed the playoffs but at least the Cardinals did too

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They should fire Ausmus, but they should also fire anyone responsible for the bullpen, rotation, and Jeff Jones.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I'm having a kid in about a month , me and the girlfriend just listened vin's last three innings. I get to tell my unborn child that's they got to hear a guy who called Jackie Robinson in utero

I'm going to finish this cigar and try not to cry

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

This is really cool. I'm blown away how good Vins memory is even to this day and how he can pull a relevant story out of thin air when asked.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I won't ever forget listening to Ernie Harwell and being so bummed about his last season.

Have a great retirement, Vin. Thanks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bewbies posted:

So I'm having a kid in about a month , me and the girlfriend just listened vin's last three innings. I get to tell my unborn child that's they got to hear a guy who called Jackie Robinson in utero

I'm going to finish this cigar and try not to cry

Name your kid Vin.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Goodbye Vin, Dick, and Turner Field. I am "baseball sad" today.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Name your kid Vin.

Don't do this. Also, don't shove enough context down that poor kid's throat for it to give a poo poo about that thing you plan to tell it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Bumgarder is gonna bumgarden the Mets :(

loving Dodgers, you had ONE JOB!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Gotta love that the playoff team with the worst run differential is the one that gets home field advantage throughout the entire postseason.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
he was just a commentator

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

he was just a commentator

gently caress you

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

davecrazy posted:

Bumgarder is gonna bumgarden the Mets :(

loving Dodgers, you had ONE JOB!

It's Bumgarner not Bumgarder bro.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheChaosPath posted:

Don't do this. Also, don't shove enough context down that poor kid's throat for it to give a poo poo about that thing you plan to tell it.

The kid is probably not going to give a poo poo about baseball, but he might if you don't force it on him. Just don't be Baseball Dad. Please.

My baseball gateway was a friend who was grinding himself to dust playing baseball for his dad, basically. You could hear Dad blasting every Giants game from their living room in the 90s. A shoulder surgery about the time he finished high school ended his baseball career and he could finally go live his own dream instead of his dad's.

Nowadays he goes to exactly one baseball game a year. And it's always the A's.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Give Aaron Sanchez the Cy Young and MVP awards

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Aaron Sanchez AL ERA title :toot:

#TBT the many arguments about whether or not his rotation spot should go to loving Jesse Chavez or Gavin Floyd.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Bye Robin Ventura. We won't miss you much.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shame Vin had to call a sweep in his last broadcast

(Not sorry though)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Blue Jays going back to the post season :toot:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Gotta love that the playoff team with the worst run differential is the one that gets home field advantage throughout the entire postseason.

But it makes the All-Star game matter now because Bud Selig got embarrassed!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WienerDog posted:

Blue Jays going back to the post season :toot:
If they win they are.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If anyone wants heaps and heaps of Cards fan salt, @BestFansStLouis delivers.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

Cardinals. The worst bird-named baseball team.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Minimum Chaos sucks, but at the same time I loving love the one game playoff being rendered moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Julio Cruz posted:

Please don't lump the SA Cards fans in with this bullshit. Hopefully we're tolerable most of the time.

• Locked thread