Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I still don't understand how everyone in the Mitchell report was vilified, but Ortiz got a pass on the whole thing. A-Rod was way cooler anyway.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the Mitchell Report. However he was one of the guys who supposedly tested positive when MLB did a test of everyone to determine what percentage of players were using. That list was confidential but several names leaked including him and A-Rod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

shadok posted:

Would you like some of these?

Most of them went to Africa as foreign aid but I'm sure there are still a few truckloads of them around for cheap.
Who the hell buys a generic 'Postseason' shirt

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It appears LaRussa is on his way out of Arizona as well, just maybe not right this second:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/10/tony-la-russa-wont-run-d-backs-baseball-ops-future-with-org-uncertain.html

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

shadok posted:

David Price is the first MLB pitcher to pitch in the postseason in four successive years for four different teams: 2013 Rays, 2014 Tigers, 2015 Blue Jays, 2016 Red Sox.
I swear he has some kind of playoff curse or something

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RC Cola posted:

EYBS is dead, long live EYBS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would have been nice if he would have shown a fraction of that with the Marlins 10 years ago

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MLB is trying to get an international draft again, which isn't hugely surprising since current CBA negotiations are underway.

The current proposal from them is:

-10 round international draft beginning in 2018

-stealing from the NBA, in 2021 there would be an age limit of 18 implemented

-MLB would operate facilities in the DR that would allow those under 18 who are not eligible to get education/work out until they turn 18.

-Bonus slots would look a lot like the June draft, which isn't shocking since the league would love to put a hard cap on the salaries of international prospects like they have succeeded in doing with American amateur players.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/...Trade+Rumors%29

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Reports are coming out that the Tigers are not going to offer JD Martinez an extension. This is about a day after Al Avila said the team was 'living above its means'.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

alpha_destroy posted:

Civ 6 releases today and the Americans are led by Theodore Roosevelt. The achievement for winning with the Americans is "Let Teddy Win."

This has been your MLB non-sports game intersection update. Enjoy your day.
Should have been FDR

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ego symphonic posted:

My condolences to Cubs fans on their team's elimination from postseason contention.
I'd almost root for the Indians just to see the meltdown from Cubs posters in this thread.

But I met several of these Cubs players in Daytona a few years back and I hope they pull it out. Mostly nice dudes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fernandez's estate will probably get sued by the other victims' families now. He owned the boat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently there are at least some discussions about terminating the A's revenue sharing money because they can't figure out their stadium issue.

Remember that MLB I think still has a committee that is supposed to be working on this and has not done much of anything since back when Selig was commissioner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I really want to know who that was

• Locked thread