Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves resigned Jim Johnson for '17 and '18. Still surprised he didn't get moved at the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I'm fine with that. If there was a slam-dunk guy outside the organization who wanted the job I'd be a little pissed if they stuck with him just because of some "Braves way" poo poo but there isn't so who cares?

Talking Chop podcast today said they interviewed Terry Pendleton too and he supposedly "made an impression" but if they're staying internal I think it's pretty hard to pass over Snitker after what he managed to do with the team. If he wants to move up I hope he gets a shot somewhere and doesn't spend his career getting the MLB equivalent of Rooney Rule'd.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Braves' personalities are so vibrant that most of their commercials this year revolved around the opera guy who sings "God Bless America" at Sunday home games.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves axed Roger McDowell.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Spoeank posted:

What is a bread bowl if not an unsliced, hollowed out sandwich
If you think about it, all grain-based alcohols are just wet sandwiches.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Actually, dingers clog up the basepaths, because...

the guy just trotting, that's not athletic...

it probably disrupts his rhythms or something?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The rumor sites are chattering again about the Yankees sniffing around Mike Foltynewicz, presumably as part of a deal involving Brian McCann. I don't what a package that makes sense for the Braves would look like but in any case it seems like the last move you'd make, after acquiring the two starting pitchers Coppy is said to want, not before. Committing to compete next year while reducing the rotation to Teheran and a tumbleweed would seem to put them in a desperate position to get taken advantage of in the rest of their deals.

I'm mostly assuming that's just bored writers rehashing old talks to fill space for two teams that don't have anything going on right now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Matt Marksberry, a AAAA pitcher who pops up every now and then in the Braves organization, was hospitalized the other day for "severe dehydration" and placed on life support but said to be doing better now. Everybody's using terms that sound vaguely euphemistic but he tweeted a request for prayers for his health a few days ago so it doesn't sound like an accident or OD, just seems weird.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

He had stomach pains for a week, went in for a colonoscopy to figure out what the deal was, then had a seizure and collapsed lung during the procedure. Poor dude.
Reportedly coming out of his medically-induced coma now, breathing on his own.

I'm assuming the colonoscopy wasn't the actual cause of the collapsed lung because goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nick Markakis, Gold Glove finalist ... ?

• Locked thread