Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Tom Gorman posted:

gently caress it's October and I still can't remember a guy who plays for the A's. I was TRYING TO FIX THIS

Chris Davis, the guy who was with the Orioles right?

Uh, Daric Barton? I have to do way better next year

No, you're thinking of Khris Davis, who does in fact play for the A's iirc. Chris Davis was traded from Texas to Baltimore a few years back, and signed a 7 year deal with them this past offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

bad boy in the boy band posted:

If I"m correct, BAL, TOR, and SF need to lose today and STL and DET (today and tomorrow in the make up game) need to win for maximum possible hilarity tomorrow, right?

That'll do it. And as long as Detroit gets those two wins, there's guaranteed to be at least one tiebreaker game because the Orioles and Blue Jays have the same record.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Yaya posted:

N: Stroman pitches the Wild Card.

V: I don't agree with this.

And on the other side, Tillman for the Orioles. On one hand, Jiménez has been phenomenal lately AND he held the Jays to one hit over 6.2 innings a week ago. On the other, it's Ubaldo Jiménez and we're just ask likely to give up 5 runs by the fourth inning so I guess Buck is going with the comparatively safer option.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I try not to call for a manager's head because lord knows baseball is full of random bullshit that no one could possibly predict but...gently caress do I want Buck's head for that one.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Timby posted:

Hey, wouldn't be the first time a Showalter-managed team can't get over the hump in the postseason, he gets fired and they win it all the following year.

With Trumbo, Alvarez, and Weiters walking after this season? I find that unlikely. We still have to deal with Duquette calling the shots on signings, after all.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I don't know what the general feeling was, but on our side we wouldn't give him the 4th year he wanted. I think the farthest we would go was 3/40 or something.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Timby posted:

I still don't understand why the O's didn't just ask for a box of baseballs or something from Toronto to get him the gently caress out of town.

He gets a lot of credit for the stuff that Andy McPhail set up. Cruz, Trumbo, and Chen are probably the only notable Duquette deals that have really worked out for us, but public opinion of Duquette in Baltimore is still pretty high. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut him after his current extension is up though, especially if we keep barely making the postseason (or not at all) because between him and Angelos it's clear they're not willing to spend money unless they absolutely have to. The obvious exception being Chris Davis, but that was a situation where Angelos specifically wanted to keep him and was willing to give him pretty much anything he wanted.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Chexoid posted:

I've been thinking about where Bautista goes and it's kind of hard to think of one. Nowhere in the NL. No one in the AL East would have a spot for him other than the Jays. Definitely not Texas or the Royals. Astros maybe? Maybe the White Sox want to get him and Dickey and fully become the 2013 blue jays?

A mediocre outfielder who hits a bunch of home runs? Let me introduce you to a little team called the Baltimore Orioles...

Obviously there's no way we'd pay for him, but we survived a season of Trumbo in the outfield, so it's not like Bats could do any worse. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah it's real easy to have the best record in baseball when you spend a solid quarter of your season beating up on the Marlins and Phillies or Padres and Diamondbacks.

E: or the Brewers and Reds in the Cubs' case.

• Locked thread