Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ALFbrot posted:

Let's go the Mets, the Dodgers, the Nationals, the Rangers, the Orioles, the Blue Jays, the Tigers, the Mariners, the Indians, the Giants, and the Red Sox, in no particular order.

Counterpoint: let's go The Cubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So if the Orioles lose, Jays lose, Tigers win 2, and Mariners win tonight (losing right now) and tomorrow, there are 4 AL wild card teams.

Praying 4 this

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

People like him so peds don't matter

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

This would mean the Cubs losing in the LDS to the Giants which I am 100% down for.

It'll happen regardless

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

There is literally no point to the post-season now.

Congrats to the Giants.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Uh, go Mets I guess??

The Giants just scare the poo poo out of me.

Personally rooting for a non-communicable, horribly, though non-painfully, debilitating plague to strike the position players and pitchers of both teams

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

Yes

Cubs

My dumb family who live in Cleveland despite being from Chicago is happy

Indians

Why not?

Blue Jays

OK I guess

Rangers
Dodgers
Nationals

gently caress off

Red Sox
Giants

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MrMojok posted:

Feeling better, Cubs fans?

Of course not

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

let me explain to you how the cubs work

Don't bother, they'll demonstrate

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Spoeank posted:

The Giants won in 2010 with improbable performances but the strength of EYBS was forged in Cincy down 0-2 with Hunter Pence and his Goddamned Crazy Eyes

(Cubs in 4 max)

It's going 4 minimum and probably 5, given that john lackey is john lackey

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

EYBS and cubs impotence go beyond narrative

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SourKraut posted:

Posting tweets like that makes me hope we blow out Moore tomorrow

I hope that regardless, but I think EYBS might be here to stay

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

my entire life's philosophy has been upended

God has smiled upon us on this yom kippur night

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I want to check espn at 4 am or so and see speculation on this becoming the longest postseason game ever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Losing to the dodgers would (will) be acceptable, because it means losing to puig.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The cubs lost to one of the best pitchers ever

I'm concerned, because I'm a cubs fan, but this isn't where to start panicking.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Not by a longshot.

It's mostly alfbrot being a baby, there are some pretty awful cubsposters though so you're technically right

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

I know it might sound a bit crazy but if being a Cubs fan is so awful, maybe you should consider cheering for a different team.

This is uncalled for.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays were the best team in baseball last season.

I'm sympathetic, and I hope both our teams win the pennant.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

my dad and I just had a 2 minute phonecall consisting of us yelling "YES" at one another

thank you theo epstein, joe maddon, and kyle goddamn hendricks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I can't stop smiling

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

RC Cola posted:

The Chicago Cubs will win the world series

i believe

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ground Rule IV posted:

I'm so happy the Cubs are giving me this moment before four years of President Trump.

:abuela: will win, just like her hometown chicago cubs

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

holy poo poo that actually happened

Spoeank, to help you along, I'm pretty sure this is true: there have only ever been 2 games in the postseason where the winning team faced the minimum number of batters. Don Larsen's perfect game, and game 6 of the 2016 NLCS. Both came against the Dodgers, who lost both series.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dexo posted:

I've watched the condensed game like 5 times is that normal?

Link it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Spoeank posted:

All this would be solved if we just gave the title to the team with the greatest run differential

:agreed:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Poque posted:

Schwarbs DHing game one. What.

Sure, why the heck not, if he's healthy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Put it all on indians in 5

Let's not kid ourselves

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I hope cleveland refuses to let the goats in, and thus creates their own billy goat curse

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

how could the Cubs possibly be expected to stop a team from Cleveland, the City of Champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

twas fun while it lasted

• Locked thread