Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I liked Renteria and thought he was good on the Cubs before they completely hosed him over to sign Maddon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's only one october

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the giants just two innings away from winning the world series

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

There is literally no point to the post-season now.

Congrats to the Giants.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the baseball playoffs are incredibly dumb

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

not enough grit and hustle, imo

they needed at least three more 5'2" guys with dumb Cardinals Names.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

The Rangers will win the World Series after winning every post season game by 1 run.

this actually sounds plausible to me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who the hell buys a generic 'Postseason' shirt

hypothetically, let's say a very sweet mom who doesn't know a lot about sports and doesn't realize that the postseason shirt is either going to be hilariously unnecessary or a bitter artifact of disappointment

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if they don't put lou in, he should go to cooperstown and bellybump some baseball officials and then break a display case to hurl a historically significant base

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WELCOME TO THE TEXAS-TORONTO ALDS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

have it on good authority that there is only one october

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't even bother with the rest of the playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if i was running the cubs i'd just forfeit and spare the humiliation of the sweep

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

I can't believe I'm going to have to root for the loving Cubs in the DS.

don't bother

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Let's go The Giants

Let's go Extended Power/internet Outage at R.D. Mangles' House

i'm not going to GDT post during cubs games

i know

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cardinals and Yankees aren't in the postseason, so I am fine with any of the teams winning it all. :toot:

The Cardinals front office will hack into the Baseball Database and insert themselves into the NLCS with a roster of new players, all named Stumpy Barnman, Puny Winkybard, and Spindly O'Tinylimb and win the World Series.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Honestly, gently caress The Cardinals, but if Stumpy Barnman is gonna be the World Series MVP, it might be worth it.

that is fair

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the loving espn radio affiliate didn't have the jays-rangers game on this afternoon, instead having some dumb radio show where people yelled at each other about jay cutler. WHAT THE gently caress? I checked and literally every other playoff game is on the radio.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Find me the maniac who is letting berman call these games on the radio, this is loving brutal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i read the molly knight book and realize that he can be a pain, but it's still unfathomable to me that anyone dislikes puig

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bjay9 posted:

Kind of crazy coincidence that we are one win away from having another professional sports league putting Cleveland and Toronto against each other in a conference final.

the giants/jays world series is nigh, with baseball posters describing bumgarner as "shook"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bewbies posted:

MLB playoffs should be a field of the entire league all playing elimination games ala college basketball.

THE NCAA TOURNAMENT IS EXCLUSIVE AND NOT EVERY TEAM MAKES IT, BEWBIES

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Shouldn't it be giants Indians

yes that is what i meant

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bob Saget IRL posted:

I think they should remove the baskets, add the dh in the nl, remove it from the al and put ketchup on hot dogs.

none of these things are as antithetical to Cubs baseball as somehow not loving up the playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bob Saget IRL posted:

I want to get a hard shell taco bowl, put a layer of sliced dogs, a layer of American cheese slices and cover it with ketchup and bake it.

Deep dish hot dog pizza taco.

Who will eat it ?

chicago scientists are close

http://chicago.eater.com/2016/7/14/12193564/cubs-deep-dish-hot-dog-pizza

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i like how people are making food that solely exists to tweet about how gross it is

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Beller posted:

Bold Prediction of the day: The Cubs are going to hammer Jeff Samardzija.

let me explain to you how the cubs work

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RELIEF PITCHER DINGER

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Travis Wood has a highlight-reel catch, a game-winning RBI walk, and a postseason dinger as a relief pitcher in the same season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at severe risk of reinjuring the forearm if he tries to do any bash brother moves with Travis Wood

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo, the jays look unstoppable

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i think we can all agree that this series was a complete disappointment because it didn't end with a bautista/odor duel exactly like the Beat It video

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i fully respect every poster's inalienable right to melt down after a loss like that, how dare all of you, with your callous lmaos

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

I'm almost positive the cubs didn't hang anything after last year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs are done for the season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubs deserved this for signing chapman, imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm not even mad, i hope the giants win the series

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Last night I dreamed that dawn had broken over the bay and Dexter Fowler was on the mound and the game was still going to infinity.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Edit: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

somewhere, j leman is steaming

• Locked thread