Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Can't have that without posting her reaction to finding out that's Deadpool's actual face.

One of my all time favorite panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It is

That's why it's a bad guy power

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

Can I have a superpowered item? Like, say, a slice of pizza that never runs out?

A mighty weapon against hunger

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WickedHate posted:

But then there'd be the great responsibility to give it up to Galactus, or at least let it constantly be used to feed hungry people in a constant stream of pizza, or perhaps as an infinite fuel source.

Make it a full pizza so there's enough to share

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

You go get your own goddamn pizza.

Rhyno the supervillain over here

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yes

No

Okay maybe not supervillainy per se but certainly evil

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FutureFriend posted:

i literally have no clue what slack even is or how to get into one? it seems very discord-ish but instead of servers it has teams? how do ya even join a team?

When you first start the app/set up an account it asks you to type in the address, so sabss.slack.com and it'll drop you in

If it's public, if it's private someone has to send you an invite first

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Trick question it's every strain of weed

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huge, if true

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm confused, is the criticism for the toys that the boys line has the word action in it and the girls line doesn't?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WickedHate posted:

I agree, I like it.

As was already noted it's not the worst toyline gender divide but it's still notable.

Oh i just wanted to make sure that was what was being discussed and i didn't miss something with the toys themselves or something like that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I didn't even know gyped was based off gypsy until i was almost out of hs cuz i had never seen it spelled and not being familiar with the history of the romani never put it together

I also thought gypsies were supposed to be cool mystics as a kid and not a slur /whiteamerica

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hail Hydra

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's the subtitle for tonight's debate

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Had to call the cops on a dude today who would not stop referring to Falcon and Black Panther as the N-word. He wouldn't stop and wouldn't leave but you bet you rear end the cops dragged him out of the store!

Good gently caress that guy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Might be easier to ask which white male creators aren't problematic

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can tell you that i definitely would not let a 12yo read the current series

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Synthbuttrange posted:

Get her Squirrel Girl instead?

For a 12yo, yeah

Usg
Ms marvel
Moon girl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Buy her Harley toys so she can imagine up better stories than dc has produced

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I haven't actually read it but isn't there a Harley in bombshells? Is that too adult?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah bummer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Eh, it's not great but it's been good enough to hold my interest

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's my first run. The first arc connects back to stuff i wasnt familiar with but the characters themselves were good enough for me to keep going and i like the angle on the current cw2 tie in

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah Cage was great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I pretty much just searched for every creator whose books i like and most everybody has an account because they have to do constant self promotion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah all the marvel characters who have Twitter featured in books are real so Tony stark, Sam Wilson, Galactus, Howard the duck (though i guess not any more) but they're updated rather infrequently

Luke cage and Jessica Jones have twitter feeds based on the netflix versions and those are actually used by someone I've seen em post just today in fact responding to people

I think the person I've noticed who tweets the most responding to random questions about comic stuff is gail simone

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Saitama is the clear winner here guys just come on

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM

One Punch Man's never going to make it to the big leagues like superman and goku. It's like hoping Stardust the Super Wizard gets brought up.

I dunno opm is pretty drat popular for something not riding off of 20 or 70 years of familiarity

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lightning Lord posted:

Saitama is a joke character, it's like saying "lol Impossible Man wins all fights"

Not that there's anything wrong with OPM, it's good and cool. But if you're seriously committed to a "Who Would Win?" mentality it's not a legit answer.

If you're seriously committed to a who would win mentality i will walk away rather than talk to you

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Make sure to exhale two packs of smokes on it too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hated that guy's art so tbh I'm not gonna miss that. Hopefully punisher gets a better artist now.

Rip tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorry y'all didn't think my post would get that much reaction. I'm sure he was a good guy and 54 is way too young that's some bullshit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

How could you destroy a zapper so callously

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wrong chat thread hoots

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

joehonkie posted:

Why not both

Wicked snake of west village

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Tato posted:

Was sad to see Steve Dillon died this weekend, always a huge fan. Didn't realize how he died until I read this thread, it shook me as I've been having abdominal pain the last few days I wrote off to pulling a muscle. Got freaked out by the news and went to the hospital to be sure. Now I'm in a bed scheduled to have my appendix removed after it ruptured last week.

Thanks Steve.

drat

Dillon just saved a life from beyond the grave

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
[extremely Sam Jackson voice] Yes he deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell

I actually had never even read one of his cartoons or whatever so I'm kinda ambivalent here if that's not clear

site fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 26, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

You obviously know his stuff well enough to quote them. :v:

Heyoo! :downsrim:

site fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CapnAndy posted:

I really think we should head this off right now, Faith vs. Works has been debated for literal millenia and is not going to be settled by an internet comic book forum. Let us all come together in brotherhood on the common ground that Jack Chick had lovely, hateful, and self-contradictory beliefs.

Cool av what is it from

• Locked thread