Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Can't have that without posting her reaction to finding out that's Deadpool's actual face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Thats why you're supposed to boil the water first.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

You need the pain, did Star Trek V teach you nothing!?

Anyway, I'd go for mind control. Best IRL cheat code ever.

Of course you'd instantly go for the rapiest super power.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe ease up on calling the kid a rapist. She might just like to cheat at poker.

I didn't say she was a rapist, just that it's a rapey super power. Unless you're like a hostage negotiator for the cops I'm having a hard time thinking of a moral way to use mind control in every-day life.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

purple death ray posted:

It does inherently remove someone's free will, even if you don't literally use it to have sex with someone. I kinda see it being sorta rapey.

Basically this.

It's certainly possible to use invisibility or super strength or teleportation or whatever in creepy ways, but there's lots of ways to use them in non creepy ways, there's not a lot of ways to use mind control and not be creepy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

You discovered my one weakness. But just you wait, minute you cut that pizza into a slices it will be filled with asparagus and worms.

Lol if you don't think I'd just shove a whole drat pizza down my throat without cutting it into slices.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bob Kane, regarding the gay subtext in Batman comics and TV

Yeah, there's no gay subtext in Wonder Woman at all, Bob. Go on though, let's see how deep you can dig this hole.

Love how this basically takes the aspect of Stan Lee people can't stand, his love of taking credit for EVERYTHING, and manages to make it more poisonous. What else ya got Bobbo?.....

I hope Streranko really did slap the poo poo out of you. Sincerely.

They were sleeping in the same bedroom of a mansion at first?

Also the bit about Wonder Woman is loving beautiful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

gently caress Bob Kane.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-7-10/time-jim-steranko-slapped-bob-kane-san-diego-comic-con

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jim Steranko is basically a comic book character himself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Hasn't David kinda not been the same since his stroke? Wouldn't be the first time a weird change like that has crept up

I had a whole bitchy piece about him ending Hellblazer until I remembered that was Peter Milligan. Like Davids X Factor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Is it flu season? I feel exactly like I have the flu. I would kick something in frustration but I don't have the energy to move my leg.

Probably flu, could be karma.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Not as bad, but at my shop we were talking about Suicide Squad, and I mentioned the people running the DC films are idiots. As casual as can be, he goes "There are a lot of idiots out there. There's people who support Hillary Clinton." I told him to shut up with that poo poo, because he says the stupidest poo poo all the time.

Examples: Looking like your typical middle aged nerd, he says the younger generation is a bunch of pussies. That Pokémon Go players obviously haven't read 1984. Chuck Dixon retweeted his political article, etc;

Is Chuck Dixon a known poo poo head?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the current Power Man/Iron Fist series good stuff?

I'm reading on unlimited so I'm 6 months behind, but I dug the first 2 issues.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

A quick question for knowledgeable goons: I just finished reading Two Brothers, which is excellent by the way, and I figured my sister in law who is Brazilian might enjoy it. I want to get her a copy but want to get her one in Portuguese. I figure that there would be a Portuguese edition seeing as it was written by Brazilians about Brazil, but Google turns up nothing, so does anyone know if a Portuguese edition was ever released, and if so, how does one get a copy of it in North America?

The brothers Moon and Ba are relatively active on twitter, you might try and just ask them directly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Clearly the one comic character who would defeat all is Stardust The Super Wizard.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Actually Impossible Man probably would win a lot of fights, assuming motivation wasn't a question.

Motivation is the entire point of Impossible Man. In his first appearance the Fantastic Four beat him by convincing New York to ignore him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Trap sprung, I got you to talk about characters vs characters like it's reddit.

Unless reddit is a lot better than I thought about discussing themes and narrative structure, not really.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I love Iron Fist, but I also have marvel unlimited so I'd pay 5 bucks maybe, if you can get 100 bucks for that, more power to you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If it wasn't a face, he could draw any loving thing you wanted him to, especially if it it was graphic violence. Even beyond Preacher and Punisher, his work on Hellblazer with Ennis was loving amazing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone gimme ideas for a Steve Dillon inspired tattoo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

A full facial tattoo of

duh,

That obviously goes on my belly so I can make him talk by alternating sucking in and letting out my gut.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know that's from Preacher and not Hellblazer, but it makes me want to dig through Hellblazer for something similar, because that's my prefered Ennis/Dillon joint.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

Okay real talk which thread do I use to help me find the comics that my child brain barely remembers but my adult brain wants to read for nostalgia?

This one or the Q and A thread probably.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wait, apparently Steve Dillon helped create Dog Welder, so there's a new contender for first prize.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Someone gimme ideas for a Steve Dillon inspired tattoo.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Cassidy in profile with a cigarette, but I'm probably going to plow through both Preacher and Hellblazer to see if something else jumps out at me. Also realized I never read the PunisherMAX run written by Jason Aaron so I'll try and get to that, but I'm not putting anything from Punisher on my body.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm reasonably sure the Bible does say you can't earn salvation through good deeds, but at the same time, I'm also fairly certain that the couple in the strip were actually identified as being evangelists as well, so they presumably have been teaching people about the Bible, spreading the word and so on, but apparently that wasn't good enough for some reason. Presumably because they weren't using Chick tracts to do it.

Jesus gives exactly 2 explicit instructions for getting to heaven, the first and most important is loving God, the second is loving your neighbors, neither of those involve converting people. Good works doesn't necessarily fall under that, but providing aid to the needy is something that someone who loves everyone would do.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 26, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I really think we should head this off right now, Faith vs. Works has been debated for literal millenia and is not going to be settled by an internet comic book forum. Let us all come together in brotherhood on the common ground that Jack Chick had lovely, hateful, and self-contradictory beliefs.

Amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Whoops I forgot tables have four legs and benches should follow the perspective of the room.

You've never had a booth in a restaurant?

• Locked thread