Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Man, I wish I had watched more of the Brave and the Bold before it got pulled from Netflix or whomever had it.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

Kate being Hawkeye for Halloween will never not make me giggle.

It's pretty much the best thing from what is already one of the best comics.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

It was the best DC cartoon.

They handled Silver Age goofiness so well. I was all mapped out to watch it with my son and it vanished into the ether. The old Spider Man cartoon pulled the same act.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Soonmot posted:

Have you ever clicked the "users browsing" button. So many people I've never seen post. Maybe they're here for the webcomic thread?

Funny panels thread. Front page stories about it twice.

I came for the funny panels and stayed for the Lurdiak.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Sadly, when I say "caught up" I just mean my weekly stuff. I won't be done with my pile of shame for years at the rate I'm going.

Maybe I should just cut it off until I'm through that.

Between my Steam unplayed games, Netflix (Hulu, Amazon) queue, stuff on Marvel Unlimited, movies and used sci fi novels i haven't gotten to yet you would think I would know better than to buy more things. But I do.

And hey that Comixology Unlimited is kinda tempting...

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Mr Hootington posted:

It is trash.

That bad, eh?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Skwirl posted:

Can't have that without posting her reaction to finding out that's Deadpool's actual face.

I couldn't leave this without the ending.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
You guys are reading too much into "What is your power fantasy?"

Most power fantasies are creepy if taken too literally.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

TwoPair posted:

Ah, tweaking language to stretch what your powers can do, the true power of the B-list super hero/villain

It's like Magneto and "animal magnetism" and so forth.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Even in Stan Lee's cheesy comic book biography of himself he doesn't really have much good to say about Bob Kane.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Don't know where to put this. Free month of Marvel Unlimited for new users:

http://slickdeals.net/f/9162255-marvel-unlimited-comic-subscription-free-one-month-trial-coupon

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

This shouldn't end a page. MU is the best comics value around and I wish I could pay DC and the various indies for the same service.

Yes, but just make sure you cancel before the second month if'n you don't like it, because they will bill you.

Me, I just do the yearly.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

Sometimes I wish current Marvel comics were cheaper so I could buy current Marvel comics.

I really wish the drat app made it easier to track where I am on newer comics since I tend to let them sit for a while until a few issues come out.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
That's actually the least offended I've been by the boy/girl toy divide in Happy Meals for a long time. At least the toys are all the same scale and theme and the girl and boy toys can be played with together. Usually it's "boys get a transformer that shoots and girls get a dolly."

We all know the only good Happy Meal toys are either plastic McNuggets with Halloween costumes, or robots that transform into fast food.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

The boy's toys are standard action figures in action poses and the girl's toys are barbie-type dolls with real hair so that is part of why I think it's lame. There's a very clear distinction between the toys for girls and the toys for boys.

As far as I can tell it just makes the girls toys better. I think the boys ones are also locked into an "action pose" which is also terrible.

I have not taken my son in to McDonald's recently but it would not be the first time he got the "girls" toy.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Yvonmukluk posted:

well, Peter David has apologised for his statement.

Oh god. The comments. Never read the comments.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I always thought Ditko's brand of Objectivism was more hilariously naive than problematic.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Heh. Heh. Finals Crisis.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Pastry of the Year posted:

More so up against the origin of Dr. Strange, in my opinion. Strange starts off as someone super-duper talented in his field and absolutely expecting to be compensated at that level, every time, for his work, and then ends up learning humility and selflessness.

I've read it said somewhere that Ditko came across Objectivism somewhere during his time at Marvel, which would definitely account for the difference between Spider-Man and Mr. A.

To be fair, in his crazy and totally unrealistic morality, characters like Mr. A do protect "the innocent" from having their rights restricted by "force" as a personal choice. It's just that the innocent victims are banks and jewelers and not poor people. Of course, it requires the characters be parodies of real human beings to work.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I love those series.

Also, the random black/white morality word associations Ditko comes up with are hilarious:

"See, I came up with one strawman example of a case where mercy brought the opposite of justice so I can just call them opposites now!"

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Aphrodite posted:

JLU is far enough off that it's probably passed now, though.

It seems when DC wants to show off that they actually can have a Black dude in the Justice League now, they turn to Cyborg.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lightning Lord posted:

Trap sprung, I got you to talk about characters vs characters like it's reddit.

I was reading them more as GameFAQs.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
That was cool. I'll have to read more.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Sentinel Red posted:

Snake Plissken or the Wicked Witch of the West, haven't decided yet.

Why not both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I had that ring and often wish I still had it. That was solid.

• Locked thread