Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

joehonkie posted:

Man, I wish I had watched more of the Brave and the Bold before it got pulled from Netflix or whomever had it.

It was the best DC cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe he's referring to this incident where amoeba growing in a faulty water heater entered two people's nasal passages via neti pot and devoured their brain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's really mad at all those racist wax sculptures and there's only one way to set things right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Of course you'd instantly go for the rapiest super power.

Maybe ease up on calling the kid a rapist. She might just like to cheat at poker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nope.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ferret posted:

well...poo poo.

If I start up a Slack channel, will any of you nerds come hang out?

Probably!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was a channel with a lot of BSS regulars but I'd never call it a "BSS channel".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are you kidding it's Sativa duh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I internet detectived Rhyno and turns out he works at a comic book store.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Society still has a long way to go, I see.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is the worst year ever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The boy's toys are standard action figures in action poses and the girl's toys are barbie-type dolls with real hair so that is part of why I think it's lame. There's a very clear distinction between the toys for girls and the toys for boys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Even 'Nicest Man Alive' Weird Al Yankovic has used the term 'gypped' repeatedly in his songs, it's really baked into our language but not antiquated enough that it's harmless like "dumb" is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think it's more likely that as an American he very rarely has to talk about Roma. Seems more likely than magical bigot strokes. Though Geoff Johns is scribbling notes furiously right now.

Brain damage affecting personality is a proven fact and not magical, but it also isn't particularly likely.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think it makes you bigoted about one singular group. I would assume the effect is more in general temperment.

It's caused such specific effects as being unable to count change (but only change) and the complete removal of a swearing filter so yeah, it can be fairly specific.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Probably flu, could be karma.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Steve Ditko is to Objectiveism as Worf is to Klingons. He's a noble true believer in the ideals in a sea of assholes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I didn't say he was right. He just honestly believes his point of view is the best philosophy for society, in contrast to other objectivists who are purely of the gently caress you got mine school of thought.

Although I gotta say, as someone who's family has struggled several times with getting disability and stuff, the guy getting kicked in the pit for not being needy enough sort of rings true, though that's more a result of people opposed to welfare making requirements more and more strict and probably not what Ditko intended.

I largely agree with you about Ditko, he has lived his life by his principles and is as kind and ethical as one can possibly expect from an objectivist, but as principled and outright admirable as his actions may be, he still holds some views that are like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

No.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's not how sociopathy works!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harley Quinn is good in Injustice but she's hardly the focus.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Internet fanart?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Considering my intro to Luke Cage as a kid was that weird early 90's series where he fights somebody with extremely similar powers and fucks Dakota North (I think) and it wasn't a turnoff, sounds good enough to me.

The 90s were very unkind to Luke Cage, among others.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ultimate/Movie Fury feels like a completely different character than classic Super-Spy Fury to me, so I never had that problem.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Saitama is the clear winner here guys just come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM

One Punch Man's never going to make it to the big leagues like superman and goku. It's like hoping Stardust the Super Wizard gets brought up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

I would love to see Death Battle tackle Stardust vs. Saitama. They already did Chuck Norris vs. Segata Sanshiro, so it's not like they're strangers to absurd overpowered caricatures.

I really don't see how a martial artist could have a counter for being turned into a head.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's a good one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I bought a few long boxes the other day at a garage sale, didn't see anything great but at the price I paid I can turn them in at work for store credit and it will be totally worthwhile. So I just hauled them into the store tonight to work on them and look what I found!

Second appearance of Iron Fist! In this shape this is easily a $100 book!

Can I borrow it and read it in the bath, I never read that one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Steve Dillon was the artist on a lot of comics I liked, and had many friends among the industry. 54 is too young for anyone to die, let alone someone so loved.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aaron's Punisher Max is pretty drat close to Ennis' run in quality.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just watched An Open Secret. Never want to watch anything having to do with Bryan Singer again. What a scum sucking piece of poo poo.

But he's never been legally convicted of child abuse! That means you should completely disregard all the evidence and accusations and give him your money. :downs:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I'm kinda skeeved that people are openly celebrating Jack Chick's death on social media to the level where he's a Hussein/Osama or even a Phelps or Limbaugh. Dude was a lovely homophobic racist idiot that literally everyone but him regarded as a laughingstock, whose life's work is regarded as ironically "good"/spawned a wave of socially satirical parodies. He was a dumb weird old man who nobody took seriously, and there's this whole contingent of people gleefully celebrating his death as if he caused any real harm whatsoever.

If even one gay child read a chick tract and thought they were going to hell because of it, the guy was a monster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think my favorite illustration of how awful Jack Chick's worldview was was this comic where a couple is on a plane and mentions that they've been doing missionary work in Africa, helping the poor, educating them, etc. and the other passenger is horrified that they didn't make converting people their number one priority. Then the plane crashes and the couple goes to hell for not spreading the word of God. And they're like "But didn't we do good?" and God replies "Me saving everyone's souls is the only good that ever needs doing! You presume too much!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just because he's being less delicate than he might be doesn't mean he's trying to shut her down.

"I am leaving comics because of problem"
"Comics does not have this problem"

:shrug:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man I was just talking about Steve Dillon's passing with someone and they reminded me Darwyn Cooke died, which I had completely forgotten about. This year is loving crazy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm surprised he doesn't try and portray himself as leftist like all the idiots making videos about video games and feminism. I may hate minorities, gays and women, but I don't believe in God so that makes me the true liberal!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If I could figure out why someone out there hates me enough to spend like 200 bucks on buying me the dumbest avatars ever, I'd be some kinda detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was good, but there's something to be said for Green Lantern being pounded in the butt by Darkseid's butt.

• Locked thread