Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Effective striking was all one way. Obvious decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You don't understand how judging works, we've been over this

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

fatherdog posted:

You don't understand how judging works, we've been over this

I understand just fine.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

I understand just fine.

No you don't pussy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

vpn through israel and fightpass works

Thank you but I don't know how to do that so I'm watching COPS instead. It's cool, they arrested a guy for jaywalking.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

I understand just fine.

Nope.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.

Yeah I do.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

As has been explained to you ad nauseum, "effective grappling and striking" is one combined item, they are not ranked with striking above grappling. Which means that you can still lose a round where you have the more effective striking if you're being effectively outgrappled, which should be blindingly obvious and generally is to people other than yourself, dumbass.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
that's like the 3rd time DC has poo poo on the entire heavyweight division

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
my personal hell is having to watch two heavyweights throw feints at each other for the rest of eternity

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bubba Smith posted:

my personal hell is having to watch two heavyweights throw feints at each other for the rest of eternity

somewhere out there someone thought to themselves "I'll give this UFC thing a shot" and turned on this as their first fight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

Gassed out heavyweights fighting is the funniest poo poo though

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ginette Reno posted:

Gassed out heavyweights fighting is the funniest poo poo though

a lot of people hold this opinion but i can't even get behind this ironically. it sucks.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
And the winner is....don't care

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
touchy fili about to get ranked

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Would be cool to see Fili put it all together this fight, dont care about Dias

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

fatherdog posted:

As has been explained to you ad nauseum, "effective grappling and striking" is one combined item, they are not ranked with striking above grappling. Which means that you can still lose a round where you have the more effective striking if you're being effectively outgrappled, which should be blindingly obvious and generally is to people other than yourself, dumbass.

Do you have a link I can look at because that's not how the rules are laid out on the ufc site.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Do you have a link I can look at because that's not how the rules are laid out on the ufc site.

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Fili is cool and dias is tough

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was a really surprisingly bad attempt to pass to mount

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Do you really think that striking would be weighed above grappling in MMA? What the heck.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

the ufc website is bad and wrong

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fili looking good. 2-0 Fili.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man this is a great palate cleanser

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Do you really think that striking would be weighed above grappling in MMA? What the heck.

I get the sentiment and i mean it usually is weighed above grappling, but it wouldnt make sense for it to be weighed separate and distinct from grappling, like as if landing 1 jab at the beginning of a round and then getting suplexed for 4:50 means you won the fight because you won effective striking

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good work fili. short notice too apparently.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Good win for Fili

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its always satisfying to see someone solidly beat an opponent that missed weight.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its always satisfying to see someone solidly beat an opponent that missed weight.

We have two more chances to see that happen on the main card.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I was going to say have Fili fight Darren Elkins next but he's at TAM now isn't he?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Fun fight, not sure why Hacran Dias is ranked though

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
I want to play with a bulldog puppy and eat pizza too!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

your personality is ok man

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor would knock out both in under a minute :-p

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Big John repeats ad nauseum that damage is the major determining factor that judges are really looking at to determine effectiveness and heavy strikes do a lot more damage than failed sub attempts or single legs or whatever, so even if striking doesn't have official weighting over grappling, it does in practice.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 2, 2016

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Oh god a light heavyweight fight. I hope this ends quickly.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Big John repeats ad nauseum that damage is the major determining factor that judges are really looking at to determine effectiveness and heavy strikes do a lot more damage than failed sub attempts or single legs or whatever, so even if striking doesn't have official weighting over grappling, it does in practice.

If you think someone effectively striking for a minute and then getting their back taken for four is going to or should win a decision, you are even dumber than I took you for.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
A good LHW fight????

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Almost an old school flower sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This fight has actually been cool

• Locked thread