Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Any sleeper potential for this card? It looks kinda bad to me.

Yeah some of the fights will probably be good if you can get past the fact that you dont know/care about the people in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yowch!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was bad mostly because Wilson was running away the whole time, hopefully it was just the ball sack shot that sapped him of his spirit

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Barncat not doing enough here

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Owned

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Nice bet :cheers:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was actually pretty slick, i mean he probably couldve just blitzed him and knocked him out with anything at that point but he feinted and made him duck into a perfect head kick

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Didn't Tamdan used to be able to wrestle? What happened to that? My main reason for picking him was I thought he'd get on top of Marquardt and punch him a lot.

Yeah thats what i thought too, or at least not just get easily taken down every time Nate tried. Tamdan looked bad all around

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
cmon Ktaro..

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Dos santos has more power but even when theyre standing hes missing most of the time and barely outlanding Ktaro

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was good, i really wish he got the RNC at the last second there to top it off though

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Decisions like this usually go against the Japanese guy

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

huh I thought ktaro had 1 and 2

He did, it was close enough that theyll give it to the non grappler though

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Would be cool to see Fili put it all together this fight, dont care about Dias

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was a really surprisingly bad attempt to pass to mount

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Do you really think that striking would be weighed above grappling in MMA? What the heck.

I get the sentiment and i mean it usually is weighed above grappling, but it wouldnt make sense for it to be weighed separate and distinct from grappling, like as if landing 1 jab at the beginning of a round and then getting suplexed for 4:50 means you won the fight because you won effective striking

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Good win for Fili

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor would knock out both in under a minute :-p

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This fight has actually been cool

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Both of those guys would beat Jon jones under USADA rules :D

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Conor McGregor would KO Jon JOnes in under one minute under USADA rules.

Jones has a good chin so unless it really deteriorates once he stops taking steroids it would probably be a decision, 49-46 conor

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Cool guillotine

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
UFC 205 is such an insane card god drat. Sometimes i wonder why Jones isnt fighting at MSG but i remember he cheated and doesnt fight anymore, and his legacy is rendered null and void

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Lol whyd he do that after the fight. That was a good fight though i wonder when exactly he hurt his ribs

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
On one hand i like seeing a boring wrestler who was overrated by MMA journalists due to not being in the UFC get beaten up, on the other hand it was by a dickhead who missed weight by a mile to get a size advantage. you win some you lose some

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I always forget how viscerally creeped out i am by Dodson, such a gross little dude lmao. I still think hes gonna win though

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Lineker owns..

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
They need a smaller cage for these guys like WEC, if not smaller than that, its absurd at times

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was a really good style matchup. I guess Dodson wins but i hate giving it to the guy who was running away

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Not a great decision but you cant complain that much when you have the guy hurt and then continue running away and looking panicked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i was saying what i saw, and i'm not going to start a NO WHAT I SAW WAS CORRECT with you, not just because the judges agree with you, but because you're one of two people on this forum i refuse to engage with because you're a tedious pedant

Im the other one

• Locked thread