Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It's October. This is where the bad teams you probably don't like get eliminated, and where the bad team you like makes the playoffs.

EAST: Toronto and the New Yorks are in and squabbling over the play-in byes. RBNY are infected with choke. Montreal and Philadelphia are still imploding. DC got hot just in time to save Ben Olsen's job. Orlando is the biggest choking poo poo clogger team in the world. gently caress them.

WEST: Dallas is on pace to Do The Double. LA still has the stink of scuppered expectations upon them. Seattle and Portland are fighting to the death to be the least bad in Cascadia. No one cares about RSL. Colorado has coasted on that red hot spring. Quakes are awful and calling the cops on their own fans. Vancouver hopes to be taken seriously one day.

Bump this thread when soccer is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Union have goaled in NJ

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That wasn't exactly the best goal I've ever seen. Nor is it the funniest. But it was good, and funny, to me.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That was certainly a thing from Blake

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Jersey look sloppy. South Jersey look shambolic.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Great save and then kills a dude. A+ goalying

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

~~~concussion~~~

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I don't think I've ever seen a reaction like that from getting your head sandwiched. Josh Yaro just collapsed in a heap and I'm a bit :ohdear:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
When does Giovinco come back

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eyup. Union haven't been in the game for about 30 minutes.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DC - Toronto has been insanely bad and boring so far

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B

W

P

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Birnbaum just got bossed by Jozy, this game sucks

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Just kidding this game is good, and that DC goal was hilarious

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
When Jozy Altidore got outrun by Nick DeLeon of all loving people, I knew I was in for a good night with my football and my friends online.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pontius equalizes against the run of play.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Robles looked really bad there which is rare

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Relegate Chicago to USL ffs

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The second act of Chris Pontius' career is genuinely nice to see. Good dude getting a new lease on life.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Fucitol posted:

Relegate Chicago to USL ffs

Or just contract them from the league.

6 of one imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dax Motherfuckin' McCarty.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Dax Motherfuckin' McCarty.

Remember way back when we traded you McCarty for DeRo straight up

We got an MVP for two years. Y'all got a captain for six.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

hang up yer fucken cleats if justin meram threads one through your "quality" keeper.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Against my better judgement I'm watching Columbus-Chicago

Lmao a goal as I type this gently caress off

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

but seriously

delete chicago from this dumb rear end league

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Fucitol posted:

but seriously

delete chicago from this dumb rear end league

Agreed, promote Indy XI

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I hate Luke Mishu. He can't pass, can't shoot, defends poorly, gets completely embarrassed by players of any quality, and will probably end up being a key cog for MLS Minnesota or something

edit gently caress ME HE CAN'T EVEN DO A THROW IN WELL

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

gently caress the fact we got rid of DD Pappa and Neagle for loving Valdez.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I want to buy Lamar Neagle lunch. Reasonably priced. Sufficiently filling.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

lmao a duka goal

lmao

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

i want a godamn steve clark goal

chicago delenda est

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Remember way back when we traded you McCarty for DeRo straight up

We got an MVP for two years. Y'all got a captain for six.

Feels good man.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ugh I keep forgetting Sabo is on this team, and every time I'm reminded I get a little mad

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

camoseven posted:

Ugh I keep forgetting Sabo is on this team, and every time I'm reminded I get a little mad

Just think to yourself that every time they put in Sabo, they're not putting in Alhaji "Could Die On A Pitch At Any Moment" Kamara.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Just think to yourself that every time they put in Sabo, they're not putting in Alhaji "Could Die On A Pitch At Any Moment" Kamara.

That would be more exciting than anything Sabo's gonna do on the pitch at this point in his career...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I think it's almost time for my yearly "Guys, I don't think Chicago is going to make the playoffs" joke post.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Holy loving poo poo DC have won three in a row, their second road win all year, and are now fourth in the East.

Columbus are eliminated from playoff contention with a Montreal win OR draw. Orlando are eliminated from playoff contention if they lose to Montreal tomorrow.

This league is loving stupid as hell most of the time but I'll be damned if playoff season isn't the loving best part.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
My body is ready... for playoff soccer at RFK

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
None of you are watching LAG@FCD, but Zimmerman just hit a delightful haystack header into the corner while Steven "The Disease" Gerrard simply stared at this loving nobody blowing by him to ensure his team won't get near a trophy.

Dallas might legit do the North American Treble. Aren't they in the running for CCL too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Tied on points but #1 on GD in their group. One game left and it's against the team they're tied with, but it's in Guatemala.

Now would you count this CCL or the next one in regards to the treble?

• Locked thread