Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Well that was tremendously disappointing yesterday. The Rapids choked under pressure and the shield is likely en route to Dallas. Petrescu deciding yesterday was the perfect day for a bad game didn't help either but then good teams don't give up two stupid penalties in the box and manage to at least fight for a draw.

Nothing to do but hope for a good result Sunday and maybe LA does us a favor. I doubt it since they have a play-in game four days later but then Dallas may play the B team as well and then who knows...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on this afternoon.

Everybody kicks off at 1600 EDT. There's lots of formulas and I'll let someone else post the math someone else probably already did. All I know is that if DC win, we host a playoff game and I get excited.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Whats the game to watch besides my teams game?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Seltzer posted:

Whats the game to watch besides my teams game?

FS1 is showing Dallas/Los Angeles, where if the Hoops get a point they win the Supporters Shield.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
SEA-RSL has the most to play for, since a loss by either and wins by KC and POR knocks the loser of the playoffs. Plus rooting for Salt Lake is always the correct decision.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I guess I'll flip between the seattle and dallas games. Is there a whip around on tv again?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Seltzer posted:

I guess I'll flip between the seattle and dallas games. Is there a whip around on tv again?

ESPN2.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Your Boy Fancy posted:

SEA-RSL has the most to play for, since a loss by either and wins by KC and POR knocks the loser of the playoffs. Plus rooting for Salt Lake is always the correct decision.

Since when is rooting for "Shittiest Team Name Ever" a good decision? :confused:

Those two games are really the only ones with major stakes involved. The east is basically settled outside of the #2 seed/knockout bye (TOR needs a win and a NYC loss to grab it, otherwise it's NYC's).

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Apparently no one showed up in Seattle today, because the game is at 1pm, and right now at 12:30 I could probably count on one hand the number of people in the stadium. I'm pretty sure ECS has more people than the rest of the stadium combined.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

binge crotching posted:

Apparently no one showed up in Seattle today, because the game is at 1pm, and right now at 12:30 I could probably count on one hand the number of people in the stadium. I'm pretty sure ECS has more people than the rest of the stadium combined.

Welcome to DC.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Welcome to DC.

Does that mean we get Olsen now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

binge crotching posted:

ESPN is saying kick off is at 1:20, but that's still worrying.

edit: Sure looks like a shitload of people are in the stadium now.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 23, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

SEATTLE SCORES!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And RSL levels on a deflection :smithicide:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
My Seattle stream is horrible. Way behind. Good looking goal.

Timbers are playing like they haven't ever played soccer before. Vancouver is confused and not punishing them.

Edit, two good goals.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago started a whole bunch of scrubs and bench players, probably to see who to keep next year. The answer is hopefully "very few of them."

I just hope last week wasn't Sean Johnson's last game in a Fire jersey.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Seattle game is going to end up with my liver broken, because this poo poo is driving me to drink even more

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why are the sounders blue? I thought green was their color

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

got any sevens posted:

Why are the sounders blue? I thought green was their color

All I know is last time we wore a video game ad jersey we beat LA 4-2, so I'll roll with it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

VANCOUVER SCORES :woop: :woop:

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
It's pretty amazing that CO has gone from a place where I am thrilled if we don't lose to being ever so slightly disappointed if we don't win the shield.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

VANCOUVER SCORES :woop: :woop:

I was just commenting on how it looked like Portland was defending like they had a 1 goal lead in stoppage. No focus, no direction, no Chara. Just get the ball away any means necessary. Giving Vancouver all day.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Orlando scores on DC Scrub Squad, Olsen Tactical Genius Strikes Again

binge crotching posted:

Does that mean we get Olsen now?

I loving hope so

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

de Leeuw, you beautiful man. Alvarez with the assist, 1-0 Chicago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Christ Melano, how did you not score that?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

whypick1 posted:

All I know is last time we wore a video game ad jersey we beat LA 4-2, so I'll roll with it.

I've thought for years their jerseys would be so good without the xbox on them, even if you need it for game jerseys for the ad cash, why put it on the replicas sold in stores? So ugly

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Houston playing spoiler right now

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Houston playing spoiler right now

Damnit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BWPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

KC earns a PK on a handball in the box, Feilhaber converts.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seattle back on top!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And Vancouver doubles their lead!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Brian Rowe gonna cost us in the playoffs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Your keeper costing you in the playoffs? Never heard of that one before...

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Giles Barnes clearly playing for a contract. :unsmith:

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

My wife is watching Nightmare On Elm Street, and I'm watching the Timbers.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Your keeper costing you in the playoffs? Never heard of that one before...

Free Dan Kennedy

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can my team stop picking up silly-yet-totally-justified yellows please?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

porkface posted:

My wife is watching Nightmare On Elm Street, and I'm watching the Timbers.

Which is scarier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Giovinco dives like hell to draw a PK. 1-1 in Toronto.

• Locked thread