Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sometimes the spookiest thing isn't death...it's life. And that's the case here

Yep, October 1st, BFG just about here, and this company will see at least one more day. Against all odds

Bound for Glory card:

Lashley defends the world title against EC3!
Decay defend the tag titles against the Broken Hardys in the Great War!
Aron Rex fights Drew GallowayEddie Edwards for the KOTMLegendsTVGlobalGrand championship! (Galloway's hurt)
Moose vs Bennett!
Maria defends the Knockouts title against Gail Kim!
BFG Gauntlet! Tyrus, Robbie E, Godderz, Dax, Grado, Shera, Spud, Sutter, Drake, Baraka! Winner gets a title match of their choice any time they want!
Also Gail Kim inducted in the Hall!
And Cody R!

Will this company ever die? Doubtful! Will people ever be paid on time while the company "survives"? Definitely not!

Some things just can't be deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
TNA Sucks

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
What's everyone's bets for the third party funding BFG and the tapings?

Watch it be Hogan or something ridiculous.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

imagine how damien sandow feels this very moment

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hogan funding it with the Gawker money would be amazing

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hogan has been being eased back into the wwe fold with wwe network spots so i would be very surprised if he's involved at all

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Do we have confirmation that there is indeed a third party propping BFG up?

Amazing that there won't even be that many people to savor this final death because most have forgotten TNA's existence

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

hogan has been being eased back into the wwe fold with wwe network spots so i would be very surprised if he's involved at all

He's bought it with his own money just so he can say 'I'm closing this down and donating the tapes to the WWE. bye losers'

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

What's everyone's bets for the third party funding BFG and the tapings?

Watch it be Hogan or something ridiculous.

I'm back...and I'm better than ever
Got a knack...for making things better
Face facts...'cause your opinion don't matter
This-a maniac...[I don't know this lyric]

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm back...and I'm better than ever
Got a knack...for making things better
Face facts...'cause your opinion don't matter
This-a maniac...[I don't know this lyric]

Easy E?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Do we have confirmation that there is indeed a third party propping BFG up?

Amazing that there won't even be that many people to savor this final death because most have forgotten TNA's existence

Until last week I literally thought they were dead

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Brings TNA back to the NWA.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I was down in the HOOD and they said "hey WOOD" you should ease the transition of TNA into a legal receivership, brother"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Straight Outta Orlando

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

corn in the bible posted:

Straight Outta Orlando

Straight Outta Money

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
For sheer hilarity, it'd be amazing if it really was Ted Turner.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Probably not Eric because he hates tna, might well still be suing them and is talking about suing Matt Hardy.

Not Hulka because spending his own money on something isn't his style, brother.

I'm sticking with the Nazis as my pick.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why does Bischoff want to sue Matt Hardy?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I was down in the HOOD and they said "hey WOOD" you should ease the transition of TNA into a legal receivership, brother"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
If we're doing predictions, I'm going with nobody, and the company's continued operation is some kind of bizarre legal and economic oversight.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TNA becomes the first 501(c)(3) nonprofit wrestling organization

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is a very good gif

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Why does Bischoff want to sue Matt Hardy?

Matt did a shoot with RF video recently, where the trailer revealed he said some not nice things about Bischoff and Hogan and how they hosed over TNA. Eric took particular offense to Matt saying he had "raped [and pillaged] TNA" and went straight to his lawyer. The trailer got taken down and Eric made some comments about his lawyer being involved on twitter which led to Reby ripping into him by quoting bits of "controversy creates cash" at him and calling him a hypocrite.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Matt did a shoot with RF video recently, where the trailer revealed he said some not nice things about Bischoff and Hogan and how they hosed over TNA. Eric took particular offense to Matt saying he had "raped [and pillaged] TNA" and went straight to his lawyer. The trailer got taken down and Eric made some comments about his lawyer being involved on twitter which led to Reby ripping into him by quoting bits of "controversy creates cash" at him and calling him a hypocrite.

A shoot interview which Matt conducted in character, because wrestling is the best and life is beautiful

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's obviously universal studios trying to prevent any economic damage to the Orlando area

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

If we're doing predictions, I'm going with nobody, and the company's continued operation is some kind of bizarre legal and economic oversight.

It's like the movie Cube but with a wrestling promotion instead of a deathtrap maze.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's Matt Hardy going out of pocket

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hogan was basically broke before the Gawker lawsuit and I think that's still under appeal so he probably doesn't have the cash on hand to help TNA.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
And even if he did get the money already he still owes his ex-wife a shitload of money iirc

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's Matt Hardy going out of pocket

I will actually not be shocked if this ends up being true.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hogan's net worth is estimated at around 8 million but I suspect he hasn't been paid anything yet from the Gawker lawsuit, so him being the mystery investor is doubtful.

It's more likely it was Dixie's parents.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hogan will get close to nothing from the lawsuit.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
It's Nick Denton and he plans to take advantage of Hogan's admission that he and Terry Bollea are two different people with different... physical attributes...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

jim cornette's still alive

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Geoff Peterson posted:

It's Nick Denton and he plans to take advantage of Hogan's admission that he and Terry Bollea are two different people with different... physical attributes...

He'd probably get bored with the product after realizing there were fewer wrestlers to out than he would have thought.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I can't disclose my sources, but word has it that the new owner of TNA is the King of Kingsport.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Let's also reflect on the fact that Okada and now Sanada were humbled by TNA jobberdom before their big pushes.

With TNA dead, NJPW's well of future aces of run dry and it's living on borrowed time

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Basic Chunnel posted:

Let's also reflect on the fact that Okada and now Sanada were humbled by TNA jobberdom before their big pushes.

With TNA dead, NJPW's well of future aces of run dry and it's living on borrowed time

My favorite part of that whole saga is that (at least with Okada) New Japan knew what they had and knew TNA would treat him like poo poo so they let him go to give him some humility. And TNA somehow had no idea Okada was good.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Too bad they didn't end when they were still on Spike so they could have had a Storage Wars crossover auctioning off all of their poo poo during matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

They only show the lockers that get bids on Storage Wars.

• Locked thread