Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA and Bill Simmons deserve each other.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WillHousell/status/783449013924265984

Decent theory

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chris James 2 posted:

There's no good way of saying you could have sold to WWE but didn't

"Yes I could have sold to WWE and yes that would have meant I have enough money to pay everyone, but I want you to know I would never do that to you."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
gently caress:

https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/783450372673273857

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I can't believe Bill Simmons loving killed TNA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i dont care if its fake it was the best five minutes of my day

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
It almost happened, but Dixie said no because Simmons wanted to replace her with Chuck Klosterman

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hahahahahaha

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Electric Lady posted:

I can't believe Bill Simmons loving killed TNA.

I knew I liked that guy.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This stupid loving company.

I honestly won't be surprised if someone at the very least doesn't destroy Dixie's lawn and crash into another one of her mailboxes after this whole thing has folded.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The only people we can trust are rovert and Dixie Carter

Which works out, since I'm always shipping them.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welp that was disappointing.

TNA

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

oatgan posted:

I would rather watch Impact Wrestling than Any Given Wednesday

Yeah. I would like to see Simmons try to create the wrestling version of The Wire though and the Patriots being inducted into the TNA hall of fame.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I would kind of love Chuck Klosterman as an on-air wrestling authority figure, if his entire gimmick was thought question contrarian hot-takes.

"Now, given that two pairs of people who are feuding are currently brawling in the ring, you'd think I would make a tag match right now. But what if I didn't? What if I made all four of you team up against four people who aren't even contracted to our company right now? Makes you think, doesn't it? In fact, why are wrestling shows so dependent on wrestling? Who ever decided that was what the audience was supposed to enjoy? Okay, so all eight of you I've made march down to the ring, justify the Olympics to me. Best argument gets a title shot next week."

"But like, what are titles, even? Did Jimmy Page ever have a title?"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Edge & Christian posted:

I would kind of love Chuck Klosterman as an on-air wrestling authority figure, if his entire gimmick was thought question contrarian hot-takes.

"Now, given that two pairs of people who are feuding are currently brawling in the ring, you'd think I would make a tag match right now. But what if I didn't? What if I made all four of you team up against four people who aren't even contracted to our company right now? Makes you think, doesn't it? In fact, why are wrestling shows so dependent on wrestling? Who ever decided that was what the audience was supposed to enjoy? Okay, so all eight of you I've made march down to the ring, justify the Olympics to me. Best argument gets a title shot next week."

"But like, what are titles, even? Did Jimmy Page ever have a title?"

"What if I rewrote Consider the Lobster, but instead of footnotes, it was contrarianism and brain damage?"

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Next week on Impact EC3 and Jalen Rose preview the Minnesota Timberwolves

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
TNA is cursed to never give satisfaction to anyone in any form

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EthanCarterTNA/status/783516954099318784

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Former TNA legend Kid Kash is doing MMA at the hip age of 47

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Former TNA legend Kid Kash is doing MMA at the hip age of 47

He apparently had one fight in 2008. He lost due to being deducted three points, which is like unfathomable levels of not following rules.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Wow, okay is this legit or just planting seeds? I honestly am not surprised hearing this news considering how tense it must be in the back in TNA right now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is there anywhere I can watch all the Broken Matt Hardy stuff in one go? I watched Final Deletion but nothing past that

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

triplexpac posted:

Is there anywhere I can watch all the Broken Matt Hardy stuff in one go? I watched Final Deletion but nothing past that

It's all over on youtube. TNA isn't as intense about getting stuff taken down as WWE is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Writer Cath posted:

It's all over on youtube. TNA isn't as intense about getting stuff taken down as WWE is.

Oh sweet I just found a playlist that has most of it on there. Just a couple of deleted videos

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Jim Ross is saying WWE is extremely close to buying the library but not the promotion. They've had "talks and a deal is imminent." Claims the people that told him are typically "very reliable."

Prevailing theory is that they're selling the tape library, thus operating capital and allowing Corgan to rebrand, keeping current talent and TV deals.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Dario the Wop posted:

Jim Ross is saying WWE is extremely close to buying the library but not the promotion. They've had "talks and a deal is imminent." Claims the people that told him are typically "very reliable."

Prevailing theory is that they're selling the tape library, thus operating capital and allowing Corgan to rebrand, keeping current talent and TV deals.

Washing their hands of the TNA lineage is a surprisingly smart move.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Dario the Wop posted:

Great idea. Now all they need is to kick Dixie out and keep Ethan in the company while not worrying about poo poo loads of debt.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

uncleKitchener posted:

Great idea. Now all they need is to kick Dixie out and keep Ethan in the company while not worrying about poo poo loads of debt.

Will they be able to get rid of her though? Doesn't seem like she wants to leave

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Will they be able to get rid of her though? Doesn't seem like she wants to leave

If she's majority shareholder then ultimately it's her decision and there's really not much anyone else can do about it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Selling the library isn't going to do much for the companies stability though, at most it will lessen some of the existing debts but not cover them. Realistically even if they keep the money and use it to pay for another couple of rounds of tapings its just putting off the inevitable - they need more revenue streams to survive because right now the money coming in isn't even close to covering their costs.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dario the Wop posted:

Selling off TNA's past to fund it's future!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/783471147811688448

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like a good crowd

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahahaha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The best part is ol' thin skinned rear end Josh must've been loving livid about it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I watched about 10 minutes of Impact a couple weeks ago and Josh was easily the worst part. He sounds like he's constantly inhaling while talking. It's like Vince's always-excited 80s voice but without the excitement or personality.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/783696792596602882

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He apparently had one fight in 2008. He lost due to being deducted three points, which is like unfathomable levels of not following rules.

What a heel!

Wow, TNA again makes me want to tune in, or at least wait until someone posts a clip of this. Bravo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

I watched about 10 minutes of Impact a couple weeks ago and Josh was easily the worst part. He sounds like he's constantly inhaling while talking. It's like Vince's always-excited 80s voice but without the excitement or personality.

Say "Brandon Sutter" next time you are straining taking a really big poo poo. Same voice.

• Locked thread