Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Just because someone wins a title fight doesnt mean they earned the title shot in the first place, case in point Dan henderson could win this title fight despite being 4-6 in this UFC run and losing brutally to all the top guys hes fought. Unfortunately its one of those things thats easy to make fun of despite being true, just like the whole "when two guys fight each other the person who won isnt necessarily the better fighter" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

willie_dee posted:

I don't know how interested anyone is but a steroid thread has been started.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792970

I've done two gimmicks so far, one was popular, the other not so much. My third and possibly stupidest has been going on for 5 weeks, and I've got another weeks to go. I'm taking steroids cycle and holy gently caress they are amazing. I don't know if it's ufc chat worthy but I don't see how anyone in the ufc isn't taking them, because they should be. I went from 145lbs to 170lbs but kept the same body fat, my lifts have gone way way up, and I can now kimura light heavy weights whereas before they could muscle out of it with both my arms vs their one. I wish I had done them sooner. I do appreciate everyone's advice including those who pm'd me saying not to take them, but I have never been so happy in myself in a few ways (women are all over me it's amazing)

Cool. I want a before and after of your nads for posterity

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

fatherdog posted:

While they probably could and should be promoting him better, I think "slimy" might be pushing it given that the only reason he's champion to begin with is they allowed him to keep a shot he got because his opponent was too fat to fight while sitting out for nearly a year, in stark contrast to how many promised title shots have been unceremoniously yanked from deserving contenders in other divisions because scheduling changed.

I had to check, but it was actually about 18 months and in the mean time everyone had forgotten about him I think

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

willie_dee posted:

I've done two gimmicks so far, one was popular, the other not so much. My third and possibly stupidest has been going on for 5 weeks, and I've got another weeks to go. I'm taking steroids cycle and holy gently caress they are amazing. I don't know if it's ufc chat worthy but I don't see how anyone in the ufc isn't taking them, because they should be. I went from 145lbs to 170lbs but kept the same body fat, my lifts have gone way way up, and I can now kimura light heavy weights whereas before they could muscle out of it with both my arms vs their one. I wish I had done them sooner. I do appreciate everyone's advice including those who pm'd me saying not to take them, but I have never been so happy in myself in a few ways (women are all over me it's amazing)

Pathetic lol

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Cool. I want a before and after of your nads for posterity

Gf says no difference on the size of my nads. I will continue to update. Buy me PM'S as I lost everything when I got banned and I'll give you weekly exclusive updates on the size of my nads.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I demand William D. is perma banned from this thread for being basically the worst.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Work Friend Keven posted:

I demand William D. is perma banned from this thread for being basically the worst.

It genuinely hurts hearing that from you. No more steroid updates.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
As my posting district's elected representative I stand with Work Friend Keven, even if I disagree as steroids are cool and good. This is a time for unity not divisiveness

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

willie_dee posted:

It genuinely hurts hearing that from you. No more steroid updates.

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Still a worm even with the juice

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Willy d is the scrawny weaselly henchman in movies who follows the big bad guy around being like "yeah thats right boss you tell em" but hes getting ripped as gently caress now

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

willie_dee posted:

theres no point having a strong body if you dont have a strong soul first. unless u want to be like one of those troll things that open the big gate in LOTR.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

unless u want to be like one of those troll things that open the big gate in LOTR.

except that would own dummy

(compared to being William D.)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

Just because someone wins a title fight doesnt mean they earned the title shot in the first place, case in point Dan henderson could win this title fight despite being 4-6 in this UFC run and losing brutally to all the top guys hes fought. Unfortunately its one of those things thats easy to make fun of despite being true, just like the whole "when two guys fight each other the person who won isnt necessarily the better fighter" thing
our favored sport and its customs are truly rich with nuance, despite its lack of intellectual fulfillment compared to more...digital pursuits :D

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Pretty happy Willie is getting pussy.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Linking the thread was fine since steroids do come up an awful lot here so knowing there's an info thread about them is useful, but that's enough of it - please don't turn the next few pages into "chat about willie dee and roids".

EDIT: That goes for the rest of you as well as willie

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That dude who wrecked Smolka will hopefully keep winning so that we have multiple interesting FLW prospects. Disappointed Dodson lost but I was really surprised how fresh Lineker stayed despite putting everything into his punches for five rounds, yelling at Dodson because he was unable to cut him off was lame not badass though. Olivera is a twat and I don't like him at all and he should give up calling himself Cowboy after being owned by Cowboy.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think steroids are great and I want everyone to get on them, but its already one of my ironic posting gimmicks and I don't need it to be willie D's serious life gimmick, as well. This will be my final post on the topic, per father dog's request. Be safe, everyone.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I read some of the thread and it's just lovely

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

That dude who wrecked Smolka will hopefully keep winning so that we have multiple interesting FLW prospects. Disappointed Dodson lost but I was really surprised how fresh Lineker stayed despite putting everything into his punches for five rounds, yelling at Dodson because he was unable to cut him off was lame not badass though. Olivera is a twat and I don't like him at all and he should give up calling himself Cowboy after being owned by Cowboy.

Its one thing to plod forward like a Diaz and not be able to cut off the ring, but Lineker was literally running after him at a bunch of points during the fight. At a certain point its almost impossible to effectively cut off the cage, especially for the smaller guys, its just a giant circle and you always have a chance to just turn and run away for a bit if you want to. Making fun of someone who turns their back and runs away in a fight is always cool imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah I kind of wish they fought in a pro wrestling cage match cage instead of a big circle because you'd actually be able to cut the ring and people couldnt just jog around for 25 minutes if they wanted to. I think that was intentional going back to UFC 1 though and its a weird gracie bias thing that is now stuck in the sport forever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

Its one thing to plod forward like a Diaz and not be able to cut off the ring, but Lineker was literally running after him at a bunch of points during the fight. At a certain point its almost impossible to effectively cut off the cage, especially for the smaller guys, its just a giant circle and you always have a chance to just turn and run away for a bit if you want to. Making fun of someone who turns their back and runs away in a fight is always cool imo

I guess but apart from I think round 4 when he was badly rocked Dodson wasn't really fleeing just staying out of range and landing his own heavy shots.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Yeah I kind of wish they fought in a pro wrestling cage match cage instead of a big circle because you'd actually be able to cut the ring and people couldnt just jog around for 25 minutes if they wanted to. I think that was intentional going back to UFC 1 though and its a weird gracie bias thing that is now stuck in the sport forever.

It may have been intentional on someone's part but making it easier to circle out wouldn't have been a Gracie bias, since Royce spent pretty much all of those fights desperately trying to close the distance and clinch with guys.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also wrt to the smaller guys having a harder time cutting the cage I did not think of that but also kicks are essential tools for good cutting and Lineker doesn't seem to be able to throw them very often.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

fatherdog posted:

It may have been intentional on someone's part but making it easier to circle out wouldn't have been a Gracie bias, since Royce spent pretty much all of those fights desperately trying to close the distance and clinch with guys.

I think at some point I read the Gracie's wanted the big giant round cage so there'd be room on the ground, it wasn't for standup.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
oh he throws them. with heat, like every other strike he throws, causing him to go comically off balance every time it doesn't land

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He didn't seem to use them when cutting the cage or herding Dodson but I'm probably wrong or misremembering! My main disappointment with that fight is Lineker/DJ would be mad hype after that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He was also backing Dodson into the cage a lot so it was weird. Sometimes he did good work cutting off the cage and sometimes he'd just chase him like he didn't know how.

EmmyOk posted:

He didn't seem to use them when cutting the cage or herding Dodson but I'm probably wrong or misremembering! My main disappointment with that fight is Lineker/DJ would be mad hype after that.

That fight would be this plus DJ wrecking Lineker in the clinch http://i.imgur.com/2JpI25I.gifv

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 3, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

nah you remembered right. he didn't. because he's pretty bad at kicking.

having anyone thinking you beat dodson, let alone many people, while never jabbing and rarely kicking and throwing nothing but heat is spectacular in its own right so i'm not really in a position to suggest things to him since i didn't think he could be as effective as he clearly is.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I want to note the interesting factoid from this fight night, that the UFC decided it needed a second grown man named "Zak" with a mid-scalp hairline who nevertheless refuses to accept his baldness

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

You've got the wrong month

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I heard the main event was good

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Looten Plunder posted:

You've got the wrong month

Copy and paste fail, cheers.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Dangersim posted:

It was pretty close to the best version of exactly what you were expecting.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

EmmyOk posted:

Olivera is a twat and I don't like him at all and he should give up calling himself Cowboy after being owned by Cowboy.

He is definitely a twat but he used to be a bullrider and Cerrone is an alcoholic who likes wearing cowboy hats.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Dangersim posted:

Most of it was good and the prelims were arguably better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mistakinder posted:

He is definitely a twat but he used to be a bullrider and Cerrone is an alcoholic who likes wearing cowboy hats.

So you're just confirming that Cerrone inarguably has the stronger claim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQgS0JZcB4

UFC 204 countdown full episode. Expect plenty of banter and replays of the big right hook.

:lol: at Hendo's wife's "wedding dress"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

mistakinder posted:

Cerrone was rodeo bullrider in high school.

• Locked thread