Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
He has 27 points 5 assists. Booker is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Zubac doing screens without looking at the ball is cute.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Russell with a nice bounce back 18 point half.

Make that 19.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zelah posted:

He has 27 points 5 assists. Booker is real good.

Hell yeah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Russell with a nice bounce back 18 point half.

Make that 19.

Hell yeah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Good night for our basketball friends.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Mosgov is a lot more mobile than last year. Ingram showed some nice progress from game one.

Jamal Murray played well in the second half. If the Nuggets give him a lot of minutes, especially against second units, he has the game style that'll stuff a stat sheet.

But, my Official Preseason Overreaction for the game is . . . Mudiay is loving awful at basketball.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I don't think it's much of an overreaction at this point. His first year was pretty concerning in a lot of ways and it doesn't look like he has improved much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

chunkles posted:

I don't think it's much of an overreaction at this point. His first year was pretty concerning in a lot of ways and it doesn't look like he has improved much.

The doubt I'm giving him a little benefit of is that in the regular season they probably won't play him off the ball as much as they were in this game. But yeah it's really rough.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
e; my mudiay bashing seems superfluous now that i went supernova about him in the n/v thread so i'll edit it out. he stinks.

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 8, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oh yeah and zelah, i'm glad you got to see Booker do his thing last night. 19 year olds should not be going 15 or 16 for 23 or whatever he was. He's gonna be something special

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Thon Maker will make his debut tonight. Should play 20-25 minutes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Thon Maker will make his debut tonight. Should play 20-25 minutes.

so only as many minutes as his age, got it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

so only as many minutes as his age, got it

:golfclap:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Uh when did mkg smooth out his stroke?

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/784846687332204544?s=09

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

It's been slowly unfurling like Keyzer Soze's limp over the last couple of years

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
my teams are gonna play each other in an exhibition of bad basketball. "Here's what not to do" the other coaches will say while showing clips of this upcoming game.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Cool Buff Man posted:

e; my mudiay bashing seems superfluous now that i went supernova about him in the n/v thread so i'll edit it out. he stinks.

I think he's going to continue to be real bad for the foreseeable future, and it sucks.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
love kyrie so much

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
THESE TEAMS SUCK

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
knicks v nets is so bad that calling NYC a "basketball mecca" has become so blatantly disrespectful to Mecca that it is an unignorable affront to islam and NYC is going to get attacked by muslim extremists

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
BIRD'S MAN

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

knicks v nets is so bad that calling NYC a "basketball mecca" has become so blatantly disrespectful to Mecca that it is an unignorable affront to islam and NYC is going to get attacked by muslim extremists

there's a first time for everything

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Clyde's color broadcast is now mostly listing things that he can't remember anymore

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Minnesota v Miami is not televised. Wonderful.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Bogut is a sweet addition to the Mavs.

edit:
Man, Barnes is going to be the worst addition to the team.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 9, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

Minnesota v Miami is not televised. Wonderful.

And it's in the Sprint Center in my hometown KC. This sucks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Bogut is a sweet addition to the Mavs.

edit:
Man, Barnes is going to be the worst addition to the team.

We knew both these things when they happened

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I like this Ndour guy. I'm gonna call him Forest Moon of

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ndour is my summer league waifu please love him New York

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

We knew both these things when they happened

We didn't know Seth Curry would be better than Barnes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i really wish i could wake up at 6:30 to watch the rockets but i have a bunch of driving to do and don't want to be tired.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Spacebump posted:

We didn't know Seth Curry would be better than Barnes.

But it's really not that surprising. I'm not too sure how he'll do once people start game planning for him - but Barnes has already shown he can't be depended on even when left wide open.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dan Tony played the starters into the mid-30s this morning, I hope this isn't the start of a trend

Also happy to see that Asik posted a 14reb/5blk statline. Go get it big fella!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Dan Tony played the starters into the mid-30s this morning, I hope this isn't the start of a trend

I'm watching the game now and about midway through the first quarter. Asik was playing ok, but man the Rockets are destroying the guards leaving him to guard Harden and Capella 1v2.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

so what did ya think? any strong impressions? how's the shanghai crowd?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

so what did ya think? any strong impressions? how's the shanghai crowd?

The crowd is fun; they cheer and ooh and ahh most plays with a slight preference to the Rockets.

Rockets will straight merc teams with their pick and roll. They fall asleep way too easily on defense, though, and appear to have contracted a mild case of Warriors Passing disease.

Hield is definitely a chucker an struggles to keep up with Prigioni when fighting through screens. Hill had a really nice one-handed touch pass that I wish I could find a Vine of. Frazier sucks at defense but is doing well as lead ball-handler.

Half time now with the score close. Anderson and Gordon look the same as last season.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

nice, thanks for writing it up

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

nice, thanks for writing it up

Just about done with the game and the Rockets starters are bad enough at defense to make a lineup of Moore, Hield, Stevenson, Cunningham, and Asik look like a league average offense. I don't think they will be any better on defense than last season.

Second team still doesn't look like they have anyone to really keep things going when Harden sits. Prigs and Nene can keep things functional, but the defense kind of wipes that out.

The Pels will probably take a step back in offense this year but still be around or slightly better than league average. The defense is still bad, though, and will probably finish no better than 20th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

The problem with calling him Dan Tony is that his brother is called "Dan" D'antoni and usually works alongside him as an assistant coach despite that brother being named Lewis Joseph "Dan" D'antoni Jr.

• Locked thread