Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KKKLIP ART posted:

What makes a person want to place a revolver in their mouth more: the FSU chant or rocky top

Rocky Top is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Rocky Top is annoying when watching games, but I once saw a band play it at midnight in a bar in bumfuck northern Michigan on 4th of July weekend and it made me feel like college football season was right around the corner, which makes it cool

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

General Dog posted:

Rocky Top is good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

What do you think it would take? I don't really see them axing CPJ unless things go catastrophically bad... and he seems just good enough to keep that from happening

We've got a new AD who might be unafraid to shake stuff up if we have a season similar to last year's. The issue is money, CPJ got a generous contract renewal after 2014 (never forget) and everyone who acts like they know what they're talking about seems to say that canning him after this season would cost too much to be worth it regardless of the on-field performance.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rocky Top is the best fight song despite I suppose technically not being a fight song

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Obviously I'm biased but Georgia Tech has the best school song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raaC0-zWHI&t=89s

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KKKLIP ART posted:

What makes a person want to place a revolver in their mouth more: the FSU chant or rocky top

FSU chant by a loving span of the globe.

Also Rocky Top is the poo poo go VOLS beat General Dog tomorrow

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slate Action posted:

Obviously I'm biased but Georgia Tech has the best school song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raaC0-zWHI&t=89s

What we have in common with Tennessee is both of our fight songs have lyrics about moonshine.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Proud Christian Mom posted:

BOOMER SOONER
BOOMER SOONER
BOOMER SOONER
BOOMER SOONER
BOOMER SOONER

This is the answer and it's not even close.

Boomer Sooner is the biggest piece of poo poo fight song they never stop playing, even when getting blasted GOD I HATE IT SO MUCH

That story about it where OU was losing and they never stopped playing it until OU somehow won is the worst

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Sooner magic, baby

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Zoran posted:

Sooner magic, baby

Magically transforms Texas into a good team lately

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
My sex playlist is just boomer sooner on repeat

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Quandary posted:

My sex playlist is just boomer sooner on repeat

So in a complete reversal of the usual Boomer Sooner tradition it never gets played?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Speaking of Rocky Top are we all pretty much assuming that Tenn is gonna fall rear end-over-teakettle into the SEC championship game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Speaking of Rocky Top are we all pretty much assuming that Tenn is gonna fall rear end-over-teakettle into the SEC championship game

Or UF at 6-1 :getin:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Scarf posted:

Yes, but the only other option is Tennessee exploding at UF making at 6-1. I would gladly lose to Alabama 222-0 in the SEC CG just to hear the whines, crying, and nashing of teeth that will come from Knoxville. Seriously, every school should be rooting for this result.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Magically transforms Texas into a good team lately

Others might disagree, but I'd gladly go 11-1 and make the playoffs but lose to Texas every single year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zoran posted:

Others might disagree, but I'd gladly go 11-1 and make the playoffs but lose to Texas every single year

I, uh, have some bad news for you.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
lol if one of your hobbies wasnt loading up your ncaa football 200x team with 99 overall dudes and recreating the georgia tech-cumberland massacre on your naitonal championship opponent

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

if Texas A&M and Texas stumbled their way into the CFB Playoff (hard to imagine, I know), would that be one of the playoff games or would they hope that each won and then hype it to poo poo as the championship game?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is there any online thing that plays audio in reverse? I wanna hear what fight songs sound like in reverse.

Also this too https://youtu.be/QxkKlzInR4Y

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

KKKLIP ART posted:

if Texas A&M and Texas stumbled their way into the CFB Playoff (hard to imagine, I know), would that be one of the playoff games or would they hope that each won and then hype it to poo poo as the championship game?

aggy would lose their playoff game then swear up and down they wouldve beat texas if they had gotten the chance

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
also Texas would lose because the semifinal game would not be held in Austin or Dallas

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I, uh, have some bad news for you.

I'm referring to what happened last year

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

Well, we already beat the other two contenders head to head so we have a shot.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
GDT up

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zoran posted:

Should you ever win a championship like that(you won't) we will transatively claim that poo poo harder than Alabama its Piggy Wiggly ones

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CraigK posted:

lol if one of your hobbies wasnt loading up your ncaa football 200x team with 99 overall dudes and recreating the georgia tech-cumberland massacre on your naitonal championship opponent

My man :hfive:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

CraigK posted:

Wasn't my fault a ton of 7 foot 400 pound kickers grew up dreaming of going to Idaho

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

MourningView posted:

Rocky Top is the best fight song despite I suppose technically not being a fight song

Anchors Aweigh is the best fight song that's not technically a fight song.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Swag Kelly tried to fight a bunch of teenagers
http://deadspin.com/ole-miss-qb-chad-kelly-involved-in-on-field-brawl-at-hi-1787555558

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ehhh i cant blame him for getting pissed for someone trying to hurt his little brother

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

How did the Cumberland guy that got knocked out 3 times in the game not die?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I would like for Auburn to defeat Mississippi State. I am fairly certain that if they do so, Gus Malzahn will return next season -- not that this is a critical game in and of itself, but winning this game and a likely win over Vanderbilt would inspire confidence that they steal one from a team like Arkansas or Georgia, and play a bowl for a potential eighth win, which the powers that be could point to as an improvement over last year. I would prefer that Auburn not enter a coaching search in a year when several programs, like LSU and perhaps Texas, will also be looking for a coach on a similar level as Auburn but from a position of decided advantage, and Auburn would be left with their discards, of whom there are no obvious winners, and the shameful option of Art Briles would appeal to many. Even given his recent struggles, I would not mind seeing what Gus Malzahn could potentially do with a defense that has already demonstrated great improvement and an offense that might find new life with a new quarterback more suited to the system, like Woody Barrett or even an incoming transfer. I would like for Rhett Lashlee to not be the coordinator of this offense, as I feel Gus Malzahn would benefit from listening to the voice of someone who did not learn everything he knows from Gus Malzahn himself.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress an Aggie

Rocky top bitch

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e; wrong thread

Alaois fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 8, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012