Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Washington won
Michigan won
Xort won a bunch of games as well imo

Good weekend for sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LLCoolJD posted:

Was the empty case his idea?

I have no idea so I'm gonna say yes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

pillsburysoldier posted:

I have no idea so I'm gonna say yes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-154836251.html

Seems that it wasn't his idea. The case has since been replaced by a cheap-rear end plastic Hokie statue.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Colorado won again, enjoying it while it lasts.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I hope Da U wins a Natty because Coach Kool is awesome and I really miss him. gently caress this team.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Wazzu currently beating Oregon 44-20 and everyone's just like "whatever."

This is a pretty good season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Korranus posted:

So I guess...

1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Washington
6. Houston
7. A&M
8. Tennessee
9. Louisville
10. Baylor

Miami maybe gets in there

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Slate Action posted:

Wazzu currently beating Oregon 44-20 and everyone's just like "whatever."

This is a pretty good season.

no one gets the pac12 network

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

lamentable dustman posted:

no one gets the pac12 network

Well I don't either but the point is a lot of fun stuff is happening

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Sling gets like 20 different variants of the Pac12 Network for some reason.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Dilber posted:

This weekend was great.

indubitably.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas has completely forgotten how tackling works so obviously we should hire an offensive coach

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm still baffled by the decision-making of the Louisville WR on that last play. Did he not know where the line was?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This is me after today

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bama
Washington
OSU
Michigan
Clemson
Houston
nothing else matters

If Chris Peterson hadn't been bound and determined to waste his prime years in Idaho he'd have a natty or two by now coaching as a P5 guy.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

shyduck posted:

I'm still baffled by the decision-making of the Louisville WR on that last play. Did he not know where the line was?

The CB closed more quickly than he expected, I guess. The inside looked better to me.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17690050

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama
Washington
OSU
Michigan
Clemson
Houston
nothing else matters

If Chris Peterson hadn't been bound and determined to waste his prime years in Idaho he'd have a natty or two by now coaching as a P5 guy.

I think if Miami is anywhere near as good as they've looked they have a real chance of going undefeated, or at least going into the ACC CG at 11-1

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama
Washington
OSU
Michigan
Clemson
Houston
nothing else matters

I wouldn't rank Washington that high yet. The PAC 12 might be more of a mess than the Big 12.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky lost to Alabama. No surprise there. They didn't look completely awful though, and actually took the first lead and were tied at 3 after 1. Defense showed flashes despite the opponent. That's about all one could ask for from this game. Offense made too many mistakes though. QB needs to protect the ball better, don't lose those 3 fumbles and the score might look a little better. Can't afford to lose to Vandy next week.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Southern miss threw for a billion yards on Rice, and the game was still close-ish because we can't not turn the ball over 3-4 times a game

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama
Washington
OSU
Michigan
Clemson
Houston
nothing else matters

Your top 5 is correct, but not in the right order. if UW isn't in the top 5 next week, I'll be disappointed.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Just notice Wake lost today, RIP undefeated season

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Please do Deshaun vs. Lamar as a rematch in the playoff thank you CFP committee!

Games like that are why I love this dumb sport.

Edit: Also Clemson is gonna move up after beating the 3rd ranked team. My guess:

Alabama
Michigan
Clemson
Ohio State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

You know he "wasted" his years in Boise because at the time they had like the only hospital capable of taking care of one of his son's cancer, right?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I no longer believe in Charlie.

What a sad realization, he seems like such a good dude, but his teams play like dogsshit on the road, and have given up 45+ 3 times this season. What happened to your defenses Charlie :(

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

DJExile posted:

You know he "wasted" his years in Boise because at the time they had like the only hospital capable of taking care of one of his son's cancer, right?

Bro should've coached in the H. Chris Peterson @ Rice.

Like some lovely Idaho hospital would be better than M.D. Anderson at anything cancer related.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

you're insinuating crotch bat knows anything

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Between the Stanford beatdown and now WSU's pretty thorough win, next week has the makings of one of the worst hangover games in Dubs history vs the Ducks. Even if this is a down year it's hard to fathom Oregon losing four straight.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Bama
Mich
Clemson
OSU
Washington
Houston
aTm
Tenn
Louisville
Baylor (or Wisconsin)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DJExile posted:

He also got closer to the chip at Boise than he would have at most of the power 5 schools who would have hired him.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I really enjoyed that Michigan-Wisconsin beautiful sludgefest and all, but more importantly gently caress MSU and praise chaos. Now I need to figure out how to get to East Lansing for the rivalry game.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This Cal season is the most fun in years. Aside from the game against Hawaii, all of our games have come down to the last couple minutes. And, naturally, we win a game with our terrible, terrible defense.

With the conference such a crapshoot this year (except for maybe Washington), I like our chances to end some losing streaks.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Today is rad, football is rad, Go Tigers.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cup of Hemlock posted:

This Cal season is the most fun in years. Aside from the game against Hawaii, all of our games have come down to the last couple minutes. And, naturally, we win a game with our terrible, terrible defense.

With the conference such a crapshoot this year (except for maybe Washington), I like our chances to end some losing streaks.

Provided Pat Mahomes doesn't declare for the NFL, can I offer you a slightly used Nic Shimonek to replace your Davis Webb for next year?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Arizona State is quite literally dead last in the FBS with regards to pass defense.

It's shocking that they're 4-1, really.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hey guys I have an important announcement to make on this, the most important of weeks:

gently caress Texas

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Last week: An interception in the end zone that gets taken out of the end zone then the ball gets knocked loose by your own teammate backward into your own end zone then recovered by your team for a safety

This week: QB gets sacked from his blindside causing a fumble that gets picked up by the other team for a TD then on the 2nd play of the next drive your QB fumbles the ball that gets picked up by other team for another TD

gently caress you GT

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Fosson posted:

I wouldn't rank Washington that high yet. The PAC 12 might be more of a mess than the Big 12.

They beat the everliving poo poo out of Stanford and nobody really does that anymore.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

DJExile posted:

I kinda refuse to believe the only hospital in the country capable of doing anything resides in Idaho. I'm well aware of why he stayed, but I'm kinda sure somewhere else in the country could have done a good job and he wouldn't have to live in Idaho. I'm sure the actual reason he stayed was he enjoyed coaching at Boise and they had a hospital capable of helping his son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Provided Pat Mahomes doesn't declare for the NFL, can I offer you a slightly used Nic Shimonek to replace your Davis Webb for next year?

Sure; it worked out this year!

• Locked thread