Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
part of it is misogyny

part of it is inherent accusation of any democrat of being corrupt as a part of partisan politics

part of it is distrust of career politicians

part of it is the entrenched clinton legacy, which hooks into distrust of career politicians

part of it is simple internet enabled delusional outrage

part of it is an active smear campaign to attack hillary on her weaknesses, re: all of the above

part of it is hillary being the figurehead of a dominant democratic party, really exploiting republican demographic weaknesses in the electoral college to invoke an overwhelming sense of defeat among woke republicans

ultimately hillary isn't any more or less trustworthy than any other lifelong politician, for what that's worth

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
really though imo the biggest part of it is that hillary clinton is the most prevalent example of a smart, capable woman excelling in a leadership role and millions of americans still struggle with that concept. like, look at how many people hated obama because he's black? as many people hate hillary because she's a woman, except it's more acceptable to be a soft misogynist in america in 2016 than a soft racist

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

parcs posted:

Let's not forget that she was in cahoots with the DNC to ensure her nomination.

this is goofy. of course an organization has a preferred outcome. the RNC left everything up to the voters and look what happened - every joker in the world took a shot at the republican nom and donald trump squeaked by with a plurality

sanders wasn't a democrat until 2015, so it's pretty obvious why he didn't have a lot of support within the democratic machine. you can't be both an outsider independent and a member of the establishment at the same time. pick one

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
donald trump took out a full page ad in the new york daily news specifically calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty to punish five black teens falsely accused of rape but let's get really twisted up and mad that hillary clinton said superpredators once

sanders also invoked the superpredator myth btw, pretty much every politician from that era did because it was a commonly held belief, even among black people, so i guess everyone's racist as hell when you think about it

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 3, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HorseLord posted:

Nice whattaboutism. I don't like Bernie Sanders so I dunno why you'd bring him up to deflect criticism of noted war criminal and racist fake meme liker Hillary Clinton.

bernie sanders is also a racist. he is more racist than hillary clinton. pretty much anyone older than 30 is racist

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HorseLord posted:

Okay. But this is the Hillary Clinton thread, about Hillary Clinton, and why people don't like her.

yeah, and one reason people don't like her is because of thirty years of poorly sourced smears that are easy mantras for the gullible, like pointing out she said superpredator one time like pretty much all politicians did in the 1990's crime wave

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
this is basically the same as getting upset she won't say 'radical islamic terrorism'

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
saying the word superpredator isn't actually a sign of racism though, unless you admit that basically everyone is racist which is a really bad and dumb way to define racism on a practical level. because if you remember the early 90's everyone was freaking out about it, for example, one bernard sanders

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so, as this kid is demonstrating, people are pretty easy to whip up with allegations of hillary's bad behavior based on the flimsiest of pretexts because the right wing has been insinuating clinton is evil since longer than many posters itt have been alive

there are still people irl mad that she talked about video games being bad once, fifteen years ago

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

rudatron posted:

You're a moron. 'Anyone older than 30', give me a break. Either you're buying into 'if you live in a racist society you are racist' claptrap (which, weirdly, is only ever used to rationalize facile & unjustifiable allegations of racism), in which case that includes everyone, or you're using the normal person definition of racism, in which case Sanders isn't racist either. You can't have it both ways.

your

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
dont quote me

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

blackguy32 posted:

The DNC was not responsible for the stomping that Bernie received throughout the South which is where much of his weakness lied.

oh right, all the racist whites and low-information voters

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i shoulda have used my sarcasm voice, darn it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

She or her campaign (and by extension, she) colluded with the media, the DNC and the superdelegates in such a way that her nomination was a foregone conclusion despite the massive grassroots attention given to Bernie. They barely stopped him, and shot themselves in the foot to boot.

no she/they didn't. bernie lost by millions of votes because he has no support outside of white college political newbies and internet shutins desperate for anime to become real

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'll let go of the election fraud when it's no longer an issue. It's weird how the problems with voting never happened to Clinton supporters, isn't it? Awfully convenient. No need to look into it, either, because... reasons?

no you wont, you are a conspiracy theorist

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"why would i vote for the candidate who pushed for UHC twenty years ago, got shot down, and is trying to incrementally work in UHC through the existing system? i demand empty promises and high minded, pointless rhetoric leading towards nothing because i am a politically sophisticated voter!"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lyesh posted:

Sure he is. He's way more of a dem than Lieberman, and that guy got picked for VP

he wasn't a registered member of the democratic party until just before he started his bid. despite the fact that he caucased with the dems and voted with them pretty much all of the time

when you purposely reject membership in a group to make a point and then try to join the group and say the group represents you when it's in your advantage to do so, some members of the group might resent you for it! for shocking reasons this basic example of human social dynamics tends to baffle bernouts

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lyesh posted:

Sure, but we're supposed to be above that kind of thing. That's the entire argument for trying to get ~bernouts~ to vote for Clinton in the general.

i dunno if anyone's above "sending snippy emails about how someone doesn't like the other candidate" but the problem is that this will get spun into concrete evidence of vote fixing by conspiracy theorists who have a hard time accepting reality, and there's really nothing you can do about those people

people will find a reason to explain or rationalize why their feelings are actually a logical truth. the DNC fixed the election for clinton, and bush brought down the towers. fifteen years later people are still 9/11 truthers, because they have to find reasons for their beliefs to be true. these people are better off ignored

woke wedding drone posted:

I have a feeling any real threat to Hillary would have gotten the same treatment, registered Democrat or not.

there was no 'treatment' though is my point. people point at internal DNC emails talking about how dumb sanders is as proof of election rigging. yeah no, sanders irl is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i too distrust outspoken feminists

• Locked thread