Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

I think anti-establishment is a big part of it. When you're in the public eye for that long, you're like moldy cheese. People have this idea that our government needs to change 100%, when in reality, it would be better for everyone if a revolution didn't happen, and rather that a brilliant policy-expert made key bi-partisan policy adjustments. It's deeply unsexy.

Hilary's brand also sucks. People doubting the film studies argument a few pages back are doubting the importance of mythological figures in our collective subconscious. I.E.-- her brand, the role she plays in our grand royal drama. We are definitely not rational beings. Most people don't hate Hilary for her policy-- they don't even know what her policy is, the waters have been so muddied. Even Trump's brand is on paper better than Hilary's-- a toughlove businessman patriarch with a gung-ho heart. Of course, he's basically my senile, depraved, horny grandfather that I can endure being around for exactly one hour. But Hilary's brand is that things are pretty good and we should stay the course. At best, a good bureaucrat. Even if that's what we definitely need for this bloated empire, there are no boners for the ole H-Dawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread