Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

tiistai posted:

Kasasagi low
Moribe top

Just leave it to the professional and not the amnesiac who had a seemingly literally splitting headache a while ago. I know curly braces disagrees and the girls might not have a great opinion of us but it just doesn't seem wise.

It doesn't help that Yuuri seemed outright scared seeing our face.
Solid logic, going with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

High. She's gone out of her way to sit us down and explain poo poo like we're a baby, so although we're hesitant, let's trust her for now.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Haifisch posted:

I say Watase should be low, because he still needs everything explained to him like a civilian. Jun and Kazami should be at the top for the same reason Logicblade said.
Exactly this. While there's a lot to be said for muscle memory, there's also a lot of conscious thought that goes into these situations, which Watase is obviously lacking the knowledge of right now. Let's continue following Jun and Tachibana like lost puppies.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Watase high
Jun top
Kazami middle

Now's the time for action and Kazami is being needlessly prudent
This sounds like a good plan.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Watase: High. We're doing well hanging in there, adapting, and alternating between taking charge and following orders. Let's keep it that way.

Kazami: High. Despite my initial suspicions so far she's been by the book in her characterization - straightforward and serious about doing her job and saving people.

Jun: Top. As serious as Kazami about her job and the welfare of our group, but also our sort of closest companion now that we're amnesiacs. I, personally, like her a lot.

Yuuri: Middle. She's, technically, done nothing wrong, but to be fair, she's also done a lot of nothing. She's a plot device waiting to happen, but until then, we have no reason to distrust her.

Ena: Low. Teach has honestly been the most combative of our group, and also the first one to panic. I feel like if it came down to it, she'd throw us aside in order to save her students.

Ukita: High. He's done his best to assist us, and we've made a lot of progress thanks to his know-how of LABO. There's no immediate reason to suspect him, other than every character is here for a reason.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Top Watase, High Top Yuuri

BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!

This is one of my favorite LPs currently running, TheMcD. Thanks for the fast turnaround on updates, I hate cliffhangers.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Jun... you're breaking my heart. :smith:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

So, pending the game telling us otherwise, that ending was at least a not-everyone-dies ending! Good job team!

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Logicblade posted:

Oh... now I look at that diagram, there's probably a giant rear end pump in the way of the drainage pipe. So much for your brilliant plan Watase.

10 points for Logicblade, and 0 for me for assuming credits meant the path was over!

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

B2, I like wrapping things up and not leaving loose ends.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

My knee-jerk reaction from Mashiro's character art was to dislike her - I figured she'd be the peppy kawaii archetype. But this update in particular really made me like her. She's got some sass.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Mashiro - Top

Natsuhiko - High

Yuuri - Middle

Salyu - Low

I don't trust Salyu one bit.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

TheMcD posted:

There you go again with your delusional babbling, Mashiro. When you've lived here from birth, it all becomes a normal sight, doesn't it? The security cameras are essentially just window stickers that say 'police on duty'. The innocent should have nothing to fear.
The nothing to hide argument eh, game? :allears:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

OddHaberdasher posted:

Okay, so, Combining what we have recently learned, mixed with what some have suggested and a dose of Wild Speculation(TM), this is my hypothesis:

LABO is having troubles for some reason (government contract got finished and they're eliminating those who know of it, Shady People thinking their subjects would be much better off in their custody with looser morals and regulation, etc.), so Nat's mom sends her (very) distant relation that she's been experimenting on since she was four to protect her son (after having wiped her memories of said experimenting and using Informational Field techniques to implant false memories), but little does she know that Louise Yui Sannomiya is Magical Girl Salyu, her stuffed animal is actually her companion and that is how she gets her strength. After a lot of things happen, Salyu and the others make their way to LABO, where she is powerless to prevent a final showdown between Natsuhiko and his father, the part-time assassin Watase. Also she has empathy and lives in a world where listening to the thoughts of others is a no-good, horrible thing that exposes you to all dark thoughts ever, and that is why she kills everyone (besides Watase, I mean).

How about it?

I'd watch that anime.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Wait, so, Yuuri calls herself an esper. Is that just kid-talk for BC, or is she trying to say she can use empathy? We knew she could use BC, though she admitted she wasn't great at it, but I don't think we found out whether she used telepathy or empathy.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Top for Mashiro and Yuuri
High for Salyu
Middle for Natsuhiko

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Wasn't Maxwell's Demon never really... taken seriously to begin with?

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Though yeah, Yuuri is the demons
I've not been a fan of any previous Yuuri theories put forth in the thread so far, but this... this is probably the reality of it. No way the game would expend so much effort into explaining all that if it wasn't painfully relevant.

EDIT: I also recalled I had to take one of those official pay-to-play Enneagram tests for an old job. I just looked up my results and my top two types were 4 (Individualist) and 6 (Loyalist).

asymmetrical fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 26, 2017

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

OddHaberdasher posted:

Top Salyu, she took a bullet for us
High Mashiro, gotta find out what happened to Sirius
Middle Yuuri
Low Nat

For what it's worth I totally agree with you 100%, SSNeoman, but we have to remember we are an anime here. v:shobon:v

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Still not a fan of the amount of poo poo Natsuhiko is getting for refusing to follow Mashiro headlong into idiot-danger. As usual, the real answer is somewhere in the middle, but for the sake of the story we have two protagonists who took either side of the spectrum. I guess I lean closer to Natsuhiko's more realistic worldview than Mashiro's idealistic one, so it's frustrating to see Yuuri blame him for Mashiro's dumb life choice[s]. He was really damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either he joins Mashiro in their foolish errand, or he tells her no and she goes off on her own anyway. But we're in an anime so of course the protagonists are the one with the abilities and knowledge to save the day. v:shobon:v

I miss the Sirius team, at least they had the training to back up their rash choices.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Big fan of taking a break from the terrorist plotline to advertise a health drink.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

I really don't think that Parapsychology Center guard's story was that off base as the story was making it out to be.

Also, of course Salyu can hack a security camera with her magical girl animal sidekick. Someone deep in the police force's headquarters is analyzing security footage and going, "Zoom. Enhance."

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

My urge to just buy the dang game with money I don't have is getting harder and harder to resist.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

This route is making me like Watase even more, actually. :unsmith:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Watase has become Natsuhiko's errand boy I guess. I understand there's shades of grey here, and we still don't know exactly how Evil old Watase was, but I still bristled at Natsuhiko snapping at Watase.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Am I allowed to start my "Watase Did Nothing Wrong" campaign yet?

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Watase :smith: You've been manipulated since day 1, bud.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

H...hail Hydra? :ohdear:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Watase did nothing wrong.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Choo choo Watase support group comin' through.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Sorry OP I hate to sound like a spoilsport it's just that the game lost me somewhere around Route Before and it's been sorta bumbling its way towards a conclusion. I just sorta treat the story in the way I'd treat Heroes Rise.
I'm curious as to what exactly lost you, or if it was no one thing, if you could try to elaborate in general? Route Before was a little slow to get going in my opinion, but I'm really digging it now that we're into the meaty plot stuff.

As for the vote... geez... so I dislike Natsuhiko and am extremely wary of Ukita, BUT I'm super nosy and wanna know what his deal is. I also don't think the game will let us continue without knowing literally every bit of world-building and backstory possible. So, Ukita I guess.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Uh that shot of Jun through the darkened and broken camera is really creepy.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

quote:

Much like how it was Nagisa's existence that had brought Kazami and Jun to where they were now.
Yeah... uh... that's for sure. :smith:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

TheMcD posted:

...Memories don't tell lies.
Except for the part where they're apparently very easily altered and erased! Not to mention the subjectivity of the human brain when it records and stores information! How oddly sentimental for a game that spent so much time elaborating on the pseudo-science behind BC.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and argue that unlike Watase and Mashiro, Yuuri did do something wrong.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

At this rate it might be faster to list off what nefarious schemes LABO isn't taking part in. :crossarms:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Ah, I'm too easily swayed. Every post I read I'm like "yeah! I agree!" and then I get to a dissenting opinion and go "you know what they're right too." :confused:

But I think I resonate the most with Llab's post just now. I can't speak to what Miyoko should or should not have done, but I do believe that she could have had a better work/life balance. Her inability to safely whistleblow LABO doesn't mean she can't see her son.

...and honestly, Natsuhiko suddenly forgiving his absentee and emotionally distant mother just because she's been 'working hard to save him' is the least believable part of this whole game for me. gently caress that noise.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Neither is probably the right answer here, but I firmly believe in Watasemania.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

A lot of the art has been extremely wonky, proportions-wise. That one image of Watase and Natsuhiko battling, their arms are waaaaay too long. I've just left it be because, well, proportions are hard and it's an anime game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Has Mashiro not been exposed to enough WX particles for long enough for her Aptitude to rise as well? I can't imagine the cargo lift would block all that much.

• Locked thread