Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

This image without context is way funnier than it should be :v:

"Jeez, someone should do something about all this fire."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still want to see more of the Senses system, seeing Watase completely misread our intentions was hilarious :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Maybe I'm just overly paranoid from Zero Escape games, but "Engine Room" seems like a suspicious name for what sounds like a normal mechanical room :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Kazami: Top
Jun: Top
Ukita: High
Yuuri: High
Ena: Middle
Watase: Middle

I feel like our Emergency Crew members should receive highest priority, since their skills and knowledge make it more likely for the entire group to survive. Plus they've had a ton of chances to betray us and haven't taken any/actually saved us instead. We're a team dammit :colbert:

The civilians are the next priority, Ukita knows the facility and has shown himself helpful, and Yuuri's a kid (I can't completely commit to being cold and pragmatic :saddowns:) Ena has been distant and outright disruptive at times so I can't completely put my trust in her to care for the group as a whole.

Watase hopefully has some measure of plot armour, so he can handle a bit of glow :v:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 6, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

Ms. Yuuri's... by the time we noticed, it was too late...

:saddowns: Yeesh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Top Watase, High Yuuri

BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!

Going with this and hoping Watase doesn't take it as "Dunk tiny anime into the rubble and save myself" :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

Upon hearing those words, Watase felt his body become filled with renewed strength.

ALL RIIIIIGHT!

He mustered every ounce of strength he had and pushed up the debris.

As dopey as he is, Watase is a pretty drat good protagonist :unsmith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD in the first update posted:

--he came face to face with a "monster"--

♪ BGM: The Truth is Revealed

The monster took hold of his wrist.

???: ...Ha.

The monster looked at him and laughed. The man spotted a broken wristwatch out of the corner of his eye. At that moment, just as an indescribable fear sent shivers down his spine--

Captain: !!

A red flash.

He was assaulted by an intense pain akin to his brain being crushed.

Captain: Agh, GAAAAAAH!!

The man screamed, faced with an agony unlike anything he had ever felt before. He struggled to understand the source of the pain amidst the confusion engulfing him.

Captain: Th-that was...!? My head, it can't be... not you too!

His well-toned body proved helpless in the face of that power.

Captain: (You... you damned monster!)

So uh, without making any specific accusations, we might want to take out Natsuhiko when we see him, or at least stick him with handcuffs or something.

Yuuri - Top
Watase - Middle
Kazami - Top
Jun - Top
Ukita - Low
Ena - High
Mashiro - High
Natsuhiko - Low
Salyu - High

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Keep in mind though, that one ending where we ran out of AD, everyone died from radiation exposure :saddowns: There's definitely radiation about, and without AD, we WILL die from it. I'm certain it does other stuff too but it definitely does something for radiation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wasn't the voice that yelled at Watase to rescue Yuuri a man? We've only seen one potential BC user that's male, Natsuhiko. It's not impossible that he's been Morphogenetic Field-ing Watase to guide him, and it would explain how they know they need to inject AD to not start glowing/whatever the 'radiation' actually is.

Have we heard the voice from the lady in the mirror before? :confused: She said that BC users have been congregating in the city, which implies a connection to LABO and the wierd poo poo they've been up to. Also she might be able to BC at us, or Watase just actually was hallucinating

Also I somehow never noticed Watase's dopey white streak before, what's up with that dude. Then again it looks bigger in these shots, so maybe it's a BC antenna, and that's why he can pick up on nerd signals

Maybe Watase's been posessed by the weird BC dark matter homonculus conciousness Natsuhiko's mom talked about, and that's who we really are, and the voice we've been hearing is the real Watase who's stuck in the fiddy zone :tinfoil:

This game is good

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Aw beans I hope Watase wasn't a Wesker style LABO plant sent in to dispose of the Communicators and shot all those dudes/that kid before getting dunked into the morphogenetic field and being taken over by whoever we are now :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

(If those kids can read people's minds... And when you take into account they've been running from us... then maybe one of us hates them and they know it...!)

He didn't want to believe it, but it all added up. --If that were the case, then who was the one who hated them? It wasn't Watase, at the very least. He knew that better than anyone.

TheMcD posted:

Ena, I will warn you about one thing out of consideration for Natsuhiko. Be careful of that 'captain'. He's a dangerous man.

Watase you dopey, dopey boy. :cripes:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

He was probably told that the kids were monsters by the bosses of Ukita's bosses to be fair, and all the poo poo they'd already done (under said bosses' coercion) which would make them a menace to society in general if they ever escaped the lab.

I'm thinking he might be one of those terrorists Jun mentioned, maybe they all see Communicators as monsters, and so did Watase until he got amnesia/got switched with someone who isn't a dickhole.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
While I'm suspicious of Ena having a gun at all in this situation where a bunch of people were shot, I don't feel like she could have been one of the killers. She had ample opportunities to pop... pretty much everyone in the face, including the communicators. That one kid said Ena closed off her heart though, so :tinfoil:

With everything we've seen, I honestly think Ena having a gun this whole time makes me trust her more, bizarrely enough. Plus there's no loving way THIS:

was done with a handgun. The little girl might have been killed by a handgun, though, so she's not completely off the suspicion list.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

EponymousMrYar posted:

Looks like it's either a 9mm or .45 ACP caliber gun if vidjagames taught me anything about vidjagame guns.

The only pistols I'm intimidated by in games are Deagle-brand Deagle's and Master Chief's pistol from Halo 1 :colbert:
also the noisy cricket but that's a movie gun.

According to Watase she was:

He says a gunshot, but we don't know what kind of gun it was. The scientists and rescue workers were clearly killed by something automatic. Ena's gun isn't, meaning it doesn't incriminate her for those murders (of course she could have done it then ditched the weapon, but there's no evidence for it). The girl was only shot once, which means it could have been from Ena's gun. I don't really think it was, but it's on the table :v:

I'm assuming the terrorists/clean up crew/whoever they are have rifles considering the condition of the bodies and the room. We also have to remember Watase for whatever reason, had a gun before he caught the amnesia. Ena's gun could even be the same one, and she recovered or found it later. :tinfoil:

I like mysteries :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I hold Ukita personally responsible for this one :colbert: Although all things considered, keeping the gun out of Watase's hands isn't a bad idea, considering what happened last time. I think it's fairly safe to say it's the same gun :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

Is it, though? We have confirmation of at least one bomb in LABO, and somebody pretty clearly was carrying a machine gun at some point, given the way those three bodies got their poo poo wrecked. A second handgun being in play is hardly anything special at this point.

That's fair, actually :tinfoil: Watase's missing gun has always been a sticking point for me. It's also possible that Natsuhiko has the lost gun since he was there the only time we saw it. It could also still be on Watase because he's a dopey boy who might not have thought to give himself a full pat down :v:

Also on another note, if she found the gun when the emergency crew folks were doing CPR on the girl with the gunshot wound in her gut, we mighta found the murder weapon :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
WHAT THE gently caress

EDIT: Oh poo poo it's clones, there's clones I'm calling it right now :tinfoil: The computer mentions test subjects "Na", "Na2", "Yu", "Ka", and "Ma". Those are totally Natsuhiko, Yuuri, and Mashiro, I'm not sure who "Ka" is since the fourth girl we know is Saiyu. Maybe it's that other white haired girl.

The computer mentions Y-I being disposed of, my guess is this Yuuri is Yuuri-I, and our Yuuri, Yuuri-II is the other one listed. Also Watase might have disposed of Yuuri-I which is why Yuuri-II was like "yo what the gently caress why'd you do that" because the computer mentions memory recovery.

The computer also mentions Na becoming Subject N nine years before these events, which would explain why a Natsuhiko was at the center of the facility kicking Watase's rear end. Case N must have been referring to Natsuhiko-I being used as a reactor or a BC antenna or some poo poo :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil: As it stands, who the hell is subject "Ka", and what does Saiyu have to do with this? She's clearly in with the Communicators, and what's with Case N Natsuhiko? Maybe regular Natsuhiko and the other Communicators were busting him out

I love this game

EDIT 2: Oh man okay, so I'm theorizing I was wrong about Watase being a terrorist, but sticking with him being a LABO Wesker, going with the "Watase killed Yuuri-I" thing. Instead, the terrorists are Communicators/Communicator sympathisors trying to put a stop to the clearly inhumane garbage LABO is pulling, what with the child experimentation and murder and stuff. :tinfoil: The terrorists broke in and either they blew something up, or Case N Natsuhiko caused the explosion after being freed.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 3, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

I have to say, your reactions are the best thing about this LP. I have to shut up about a lot of the theorizing, but the pure reactions are great. Just having a picture of dead Yuuri on my screen and Danaru's post, which just consisted of "WHAT THE gently caress", directly below it was beautiful.

It's still how I feel :saddowns: Honestly I've considered just buying the game and playing it myself, but I still want to be able to theorize with everyone in the thread :v: I'll buy it when we're done because god drat it's fantastic, but I still want to throw out my crazy theories.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gridlocked posted:

Can we set Ena to 10 in remembrance for her :(

:( Also if it was Ukita who did the deed, him and Jun still have more bullets, so unless Watase manages to avoid the first shot, we're still in danger.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Logicblade posted:

What if Kazami was the killer all along? I mean we don't know that she wasn't already crazy. After all she tried to revive the dead girl by the elevator and she was "talking to the radio: when there's no way that story holds water. She's just as nuts as the rest of them, if not more so.

In her defense, doing CPR on someone even if they're clearly dead is fairly normal emergency services protocol.

As for the radio, I have a feeling she was sorta telling the truth. She definitely wasn't talking to the surface, considering how terrible she is at lying, but possibly the group of kids whether by actual radio or BC. She reacted oddly when she mentioned the AD was missing, as if she knew who'd done it. Plus if she wanted us dead, she wouldn't have let us escape from Jun and Ukita. Then again I would have defended Jun this way too... :(

The most important thing I'm wondering about is, if there's no fire, then either the security system or the topside crew is lying to us. Also note that this room is where Watase got owned by Subject N and sent to the shadow realm :tinfoil:

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that the Rescue Teams' armbands back when they were wearing hazmat suits match their hair colours :v: I'm assuming on Dojima and Hiyama, but Jun, Kazami, and Watase's all match

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Welp!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I wish we could get a glimpse of Subject N before we hit the end of this path, though. I hope we do.

Maybe we already did :tinfoil: I still think Natsuhiko has something to do with the whole Case N thing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God dammit Watase how is dunking a child muscle memory for you, but shooting someone trying to kill you is impossible <:mad:>

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Yeah, I can see him having studied martial arts in the past, but it'd be pretty easy to be uncomfortable handling a gun. Especially one you've not handled before.

On the other hand:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Salyu sounds like a weird artificial salt alterbative that would give you hella cancer

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It seems like more of an actual ending though, like the knife or axe endings from 999 rather than the normal Watase yelling "you can't tell me what to do!" and running into a lamp post, shattering every bone in his body bad ends, so I imagine it'll involve actual plot stuff before we hit the credits :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

???: Your top priority is securing the two test subjects! Don't forget to use NBC countermeasures! Take anyone else you find and send them to Rokumei City Hospital, dead or alive!
(Wha--... t? What are... they tal...--king about?)

TheMcD posted:

Excuse me, but could you tell me if this incident was an accident or an act of man?
Reporter: We can't rule out the possibility that there was an 'NBC' outbreak, so we have yet to reach a conclusion on that matter. But judging from the frequent incidents that happened in Rokumei City over the past few days-- -—Section 6 is conducting their investigation on the incident at LABO under the belief that there is a high probability that this was an act of terrorism.

I don't like this NBC chat. We all agreed on it by this point, but what I want to know is whether Jun and Kazami knew what AD was really for considering the rest of Sirius knew once the door opened. If so, why lie to Watase and go along with LABO's procyon's radiation story? If not, why were we the only ones to not know?

Also just to recap to make sure I have my facts straight:

Killed by gunshot wound to the chest, most likely by Ukita.
Killed with an engine cutter, likely by Ukita (Ukita's corpse was holding the cutter).
Killed by gunshot wound to the head, most likely by Ukita (outright said "Hmph, so what if I did?" when Watase accused him, also had the magazine Ena was carrying).
Killed with a piece of debris, either by falling or from an unknown assailant bludgeoning him.
Got in a fight with quantum mechanics, both killed by a gunshot to the head and vapourized by the time stream.
MIA.
Confirmed killed by Watase from getting dunked so hard.
Killed by gunshot wound by unknown assailant.
Mind burned.

My conclusion is Ukita's a dickhole. Something that sits weirdly with me is that in the time Ena and Watase ran away, Ukita both got the bullets for the gun, and also pissed off Jun enough for her to want to murder him. It could be just her being bananas, but the lines

TheMcD posted:

Hmph, so what if I did? You guys crushed my hopes. So it's only fair that you receive retribution for that, wouldn't you agree?

quote:

I'm real sorry 'bout everything, Captain... I had it all wrong... It was all that bastard's fault... and yet I doubted you like you were a criminal... So don't worry... I'll make sure you don't have to stain your hands in this... It pains me to do this... but I'll be sure to kill Mr. Ukita...

implies Ukita stopped pretending he's not in on the shady-rear end ghost reactor poo poo, and Jun found out. Watase blacked out for what seems to be Three loving Hours (14:55 when Watase accidentally killed Salyu and confronted Ukita, then 17:49 when he wakes up) so literally anything could have happened there. Also he didn't die from ghost radiation and also wasn't moved from where he blacked out.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't know what the gently caress

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
to be fair Watase was unconcious for three hours, when being unconcious for even a few seconds can lead to major brain damage, so we're using Anime/Video Game rules of convenient unconciousness :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I sure hope there's not a grate or something at the end of the pipe because holy poo poo that would be an awful way to go.

Not as bad as being mind fried I guess but still pretty drat bad

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Good lord people, drink some milk. That's at least two people that got flipped by Watase and violently exploded on impact :psyduck: You've got skeletons like balsa wood

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

It's his signature wrestling move. Unfortunately he doesn't remember that he was banned from wrestling murder.

He learned the Leon Kennedy form of suplexing people so hard their heads explode.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dude just openly threatened us, but god forbid Watase suplex HIM <:mad:>

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

tiistai posted:

I guess this simply means Mashiro and Natsuhiko are second year high school students and Yuuri already graduated.

Up until now I thought she was like, twelve :psyduck:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Imagine an entire high school of kids with CB radios, and you couldn't turn your radio off :magical: I wonder if whatever mind-fried Watase wasn't something similar, except the 'signal' was so strong it fried his circuits.

I do love the idea of telepathy being so normalized that it's taught in schools and people are telling each other to shut up with it :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pollyanna posted:

The typical rendering of the French word "salut" in Japanese is サリュー, "saryuu". Salyu's nickname sounds similar to the first syllables of each of her names in Japanese, Sannomiya Ruiizu Yui. SaRuYu, Salyu, saryuu, salut.

Okay that makes way more sense. I was real confused about that line.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

OddHaberdasher posted:

So, the 'Salut is a magical girl' theory keeps building up evidence. Also, it seems Yuuri does have some form of achronal business going on with her.

I mean Yuuri's straight up roasting Natsuhiko's nuts through time for being a dumbass and telling him how to not get himself killed later, so she's definitely some kind of time Jesus. Also the static flickers whenever she goes from normal to ~ooooooo time vagueness~ mode. Just tell him what to do you rude timejerk :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GeneralYeti posted:

It's like the writers looked up some weird scientific facts (I've actually heard about Maxwell's Demon before, though the whole 'removing energy and creating fire' was new) and then proceeded to base all this stuff on flawed understanding of it all.

So it's like a Kojima thing :v:

"Information for energy huh? What if we fueled a town with a psychic reactor? Just toss some psychics in there and we're good."

Oh jeez what if the fire Kazami's sister died in was actually something like that :saddowns: Like a psychic short circuit

• Locked thread