Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Logicblade posted:

Kasasagi - Low
Moribe - High

Sure, this. That sure is a system. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

IceBorg posted:

Also a question because I might have understood it wrong when you explained it, but is there a diference between like having a character in the botton to having it on low in the sense thing? Or are they basically the same thing when you are deciding if you trust a character?

I'm assuming that there'll be more complicated situations later where we have to judge the trustworthiness of a bunch of people relative to each other and we'll want finer control over that.

E: Holy poo poo that was a lot of posts all of a sudden, beaten. Not voting because I'm an indecisive motherfucker.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wait so this time Yuuri doesn't give a poo poo about being injected? Or is she still passed out this time around?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A shower isn't totally immersing you for a long, energetic swim.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speculation: The dead kid is Yuuri, and she's actually a radiation ghost. That's why she doesn't like AD, because it makes her exist less. What? :v:

No but seriously I'm speculating she and the dead kid have something to do with each other.

CirclMastr posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what word could end in -ro and also end a sentence.

It's a bit at odds with the tone of the letter, but "hero"? Otherwise I imagine it was a Japanese word ending in -ro left as a transliteration because the translators couldn't tell what it was meant to be either. :v:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 15, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey, uh, having AD saves us, but it doesn't save Yuuri...

:ohdear:

E: Oh wait you don't have to go looking now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah, that was meant to be more speculation than plot hole poking, but it was sort of self defeating because I realised I was wrong. :v:

Don't try to think through VNs while kept awake by a hot night. :australia:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

SSNeoman posted:

Top Watase, High Yuuri

BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
This.

E: Actually, Top Yuuri as well. I'm feeling optimistic.

High Watase aught to be a good thing here, since he's holding up the rubble with his back.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gridlocked posted:

We need to find the Lieutenant too. She may or may not have the CRAZY that the other have got.

On the admittedly shaky assumption that Ena is, in fact, dead, Kazami probably is too, and whichever of Jun and Ukita didn't get the gun. Then again, that's too obvious, and this is getting climactic enough that poo poo will be seriously different very few updates from now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

We... did it? :confuoot:

I was going to post :f5: but each time I refreshed you actually had posted again. :v: Your allowance for multiple updates, at the speed you do, is commendable.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

She sure as hell doesn't act 18. Unusual for anime to make someone older than they seem. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well that sure is a chapter title. Speculation: Natsuhiko is hosed up in LABO right now and dreaming of how he got there while unconscious (perhaps to practice his BC for use on Watase?).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well, my speculation became moot faster than I expected. :v:

E: Update on last page.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 7, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"Wanderer particles", huh? I wonder if that has anything to do with the "WX" that was so worrying in After route.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speculation: if you're familiar with Drakengard 3, Yuuri's doing something similar to Accord.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TheMcD posted:

AN UNEVENTFUL DAY

Yeeeeeep, this is going to go swimmingly.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm gonna go with Low Natsuhiko, considering what Yuuri's saying about him being mentally regressed or whatever.

Seconding the Top everyone else.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The OCR read "o" as "0" in the word "you" towards the end of that update.

So, did we get any hints about the number 9 in Route After? :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm sorry, "we need to be careful not to get caught" is not a quote from one specific (fictional) anime.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Logicblade posted:

The other option is that there are two Yuuris. The one that died in LABO 8 years ago and the one that's currently running around in Watase's story. Or maybe... they're the same Yuuri and she never died to begin with, it's just that no one knows she's still alive aside from the higher ups in LABO. We know that Natsuhiko's mom isn't exactly the most trustworthy of people.

There were two Yuuris in the intro, and I don't remember the one in After wearing the little hat she does here. It's also way less plausible that she was a hallucination in After, at least before the fuckery with her corpse. I believe you're on to something.

Now I'm thinking Natsuhiko will figure this out before the route's end, since he spends After directing Watase to look after Yuuri.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm not decisive enough to vote like this, but I find it amusing that the consensus seems to be that the writers made a sympathetic main character, then gave us bad ends for sympathising with him over other characters. That could have gone better.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Welp. :munch:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Jesus Christ :golfclap:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cyouni posted:

I don't believe it ever comes up, but I'm about 80% sure that there's a way to read that password as something approaching "Tenkawa Natsuhiko".

10 - ten (from English)
7 - na (from "nana")
2 - tsu (from English)
1 - hi (from "hitotsu")
5 - ko (from "go")

Close enough? :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Do we even need to spell out that player is an Esper diving into Watase and Natsuhiko (who's diving into Yuuri (who's diving into Natsuhiko))?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"A lone desire", huh? :rolleyes:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Danaru posted:

How does Natsuhiko remember Yuuri being at home the last couple days when she hasn't had a chance to edit herself in, also how did she see herself in his memory when she hasn't edited herself in

I get the impression that Natsuhiko is also hallucinating her independently, but Yuuri inspired it and cleans up inconsistencies for him.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So... that's Jun, right? Who would have been living with her? 'Cuz one of them's a communicator.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It took me a second. :golfclap:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Enflamme

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You seem to be rather passionately defending groups that everyone else in the thread seemingly agrees are bad, while, as I recall, also being the only one of us that's played the game past this point. :raise:

Do you know something about them that we don't that's colouring your opinion, and if so don't you think you should then be keeping it to your self?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

...I feel like that shouldn't have worked. The whole way malice has been shown to work is N rewriting memories so that the malice-havers hear more antagonistic things from others than were actually said to them (or more generally just hearing what N wants them to remember hearing), but Kazami was allowed to hear that message in full, think about it, then act on it?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TheMcD posted:

I didn't say anything about it because I figured it was something you didn't really want to re me mber...

Kerning messed up the OCR here, it seems.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This can only go impeccably. :munch:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Pick Yuuri, so she can have a bloody say on a decision that will affect the rest of her life irreparably and irrevocably.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Haifisch posted:

There has to be an epilogue, right? They wouldn't just let it end with "oh, huh, I was lied to. Welp, here's to the future of connecting hearts and minds or whatever.", right?

TheMcD posted:

...now, of course, you already figured that couldn't quite be it. Well, one thing I didn't see anybody point out is that we spent all that time in Route After and Route Before chasing down those friendship scenes, and it was explicitly pointed out they were for getting extra scenes in the epilogue. I don't feel like we've seen much of that yet.

• Locked thread