Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Good riddance to that wax museum elf on the launcher, hopefully rest of the teaser-era COME PLAY MILORD branding isn't far behind. This game can speak for itself dangit :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here's a full graphic for the locations of all set drops in One Tamriel

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I had enough time before to patch and find out I can log on. What's broke? How often are set items dropping in non-instanced areas?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Set items drop everywhere. The jewelry is the tough one, considering they only drop from Dark Anchors. Quality is completely RNG too. Bee got a purple Dragonguard ring while I got a shitload of greens.

Jewelry is what's going to be selling right now.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So how do the guilds/main quest work now? Can you just mainline them, or do you still only get the next quest every ten levels?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
My wife and I have been playing for a few weeks and are CP 80 or so. She's playing an altmer sorceress and I'm playing a Templar. As we approach end game, what should I build towards that will allow us to two-man the most content possible; heal/tank or heal/dps? It's not that we'll never group with others, but most of the time, it's just the two of us.

We've cleared several dungeons by ourselves so far, and it feels like my heals were helping a lot more than my tanking, since I could only ever hold one or two mobs at a time anyway. That's what gives me the idea that a healing/off-dps templar is a better pair for a Daedra summoner than a tank/off-heal templar.

I'd experiment for myself, and I intend to, but respecs seem pretty expensive right now. Maybe when I'm rich someday :)

Edit: Crazy lag in all the towns right now from dueling :o

central dogma fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 6, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

central dogma posted:

Spouse gaming best gaming.

The problem with trying to tank/dps or dps/heal is that you're really cutting your group damage by specializing with that small of a group.

I'd say try both dps. You can two-dps most content, up to and including normal dungeons, with practice. The trick is to avoid cookie-cutter max dps builds (although you can gear that way) and instead choose skills that give you a nice base of self-healing with an emergency "oh poo poo" button in case things go south. There's only two of you to split the incoming damage, so you'll need all the self-healing you can get.

For example, magicka sorcerer is plenty tough when power surge (major sorcery buff where crits heal you) is combined with empowered ward (cheap spammable 10-15k damage shield). Magicka templar's puncturing sweeps heal based on damage dealt, plus you have access to the usual great templar heals (e.g. breath of life). Note that magicka sorcerer has the best single-target dps (power overload light attacks) and magicka templar has the best single-target execute dps (radiant oppression, although take radiant glory so you don't die). Seems like a great combo once you guys get the hang of it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
How expensive would it be to get a level 10 set of armor and weapons crafted for a magplar? I was thinking 5/5 Armor of the Seducer and 4/5 Death's Wind with 5 Heavy, 2 light, 1 sword, 1 board. Armor and shield with impenetrable. Sword with defending.

Trying to go for a baby version of the vanadium build. Let me know if this is an awful idea and point me in a better direction for gear.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Post your usernames if you're NA PC. We give out pointers all the time there.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Aeryntoosun @tanreall I'm in the ebonheart guild.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
This seems like the perfect time to get back into this. Still loving with addons and trying to figure out what I was actually doing. One thing I noticed though is that I'm about to hit 30 and my gear is still level 16, two blue sets that were crafted by a kind goon back in the day. Who can I bug about getting some new gear made? Or get the last pieces I need to research. Also did Stamplar builds change in the time I didn't play?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Honestly, bothering with awesome crafted gear before 40-50 isnt really worth it (unless you're twinking for pvp, if that's a thing). Just change out gear as you pick it up, and try to keep your weapon current.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm not saying it needs to be blue again or even enchanted or anything but if someone who has everything researched takes maybe five minutes to craft me set stuff instead of me crafting some non set or low set poo poo myself it's a huge increase in power and no I'm not counting on it happening and it won't kill me if I don't get it but last time I asked about gear that was given to me and if at all possible I would at least like to keep the set bonus going even if I only get new weapons to replace my old ones, the rest of the gear is perfectly fine.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Morglon posted:

I'm not saying it needs to be blue again or even enchanted or anything but if someone who has everything researched takes maybe five minutes to craft me set stuff instead of me crafting some non set or low set poo poo myself it's a huge increase in power and no I'm not counting on it happening and it won't kill me if I don't get it but last time I asked about gear that was given to me and if at all possible I would at least like to keep the set bonus going even if I only get new weapons to replace my old ones, the rest of the gear is perfectly fine.

Just do your dailies and you'll get properly geared.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Morglon posted:

If you're on tomorrow during the day I'll get you some crafted gear.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
mother of god, this game update wrecked all the mods.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Super keen to get back into this game now that 1T has hit. I'll likely wait until more free time during Christmas holidays before I resub. The crafting bags are just too fscking great to not go back to.

Tried a few delve dailies last night and they had decent rewards. Especially getting a chest or two while you're down there

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
I like this game and this update is cool and good. Let us adventure together comrades.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I've been super impressed with 1T so far. They've really given me a reason to get back into the other 90% of the game. Before it was only dungeons/PVP/trials for my max level characters with not too much in between (only recently picked up the DLC). I only ever bothered with Cadwell's Silver/Gold to get skyshards, and even then I only had the patience to do it once. Now I feel like I can actually enjoy the other game areas, and I'm excited to do so.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You just see lots of high level players camping low level dolmen and delves. I have no problem with high levels in those zones questing or whatever but honestly if end game is camping the same spawn for hours and hours straight that's just hosed up. On the plus side it gives me the option to go where the gently caress I want to quest and a couple of nice things along the way. Most of those things are stuff I have no use for but here we are, since I have the craft bag I can probably stash some of it away in case I ever want to play an alt or just give it to someone else.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Still no crown store items on both megeservers or mag/stam balancing? Hm, I will pass.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Dwesa posted:

mag/stam balancing

The twitch hivemind keeps repeating this, but it's overblown.

Sure, if you're a dragonknight, the difference is enormous. But if you're comparing the best magicka and stamina builds from all classes, the difference is only about 10-15%. And most of that is because major/minor breach and concentration debuff veteran/trial boss resists to zero, making additional debuffs useless on a magicka build. If you're not running in a group with one guy in alkosh, another in night mother, etc., you're really not going to notice the difference even in endgame content.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the role of Weapon and spell penetration? How is it tactially different from crit?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dwesa posted:

Still no crown store items on both megeservers or mag/stam balancing? Hm, I will pass.
The first one will never happen, the second one is supposedly coming in U13, but will more than likely be gigantic blanket nerfs because that's the only thing Wrobel is capable of. The other problem is that the mindset from the combat team is that: A) Style is more important than actual substance, meaning that they'll implement something that "looks cool" without giving any thought to balancing; and B) Wrobel himself has said that their aim is for players to be able to pick up the game and instantly be good at it without actually having to learn the nuances of their specific choices in race, class, playstyle. This explains why there's an increasing amount of proc sets in the game.

Baron Porkface posted:

What is the role of Weapon and spell penetration? How is it tactially different from crit?

Penetration is what allows you to ignore mitigation that either bosses or other players have. Crit is just double damage. Probably the simplest explanation.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 7, 2016

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

tgidieday posted:

The twitch hivemind keeps repeating this, but it's overblown.

Sure, if you're a dragonknight, the difference is enormous. But if you're comparing the best magicka and stamina builds from all classes, the difference is only about 10-15%. And most of that is because major/minor breach and concentration debuff veteran/trial boss resists to zero, making additional debuffs useless on a magicka build. If you're not running in a group with one guy in alkosh, another in night mother, etc., you're really not going to notice the difference even in endgame content.

Oh you sweet summer child, no one's talking about PvE balance.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Some housing info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCFl5-DvSY

Stolen from reddit:

3 House sizes (small, medium, large) themed after each of the 10 races - 30 houses + DLC areas
Free apartment through quest with housing launch
Upgrade to bigger houses with in-game gold
Houses account-wide for all characters
New furniture crafting system for crafters to furnish their house and SELL the furniture they can make
Invite players/guilds into your house
Decorate your house with hundreds of housing items "any way you want"
Own multiple homes

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

The first one will never happen, the second one is supposedly coming in U13, but will more than likely be gigantic blanket nerfs because that's the only thing Wrobel is capable of. The other problem is that the mindset from the combat team is that: A) Style is more important than actual substance, meaning that they'll implement something that "looks cool" without giving any thought to balancing; and B) Wrobel himself has said that their aim is for players to be able to pick up the game and instantly be good at it without actually having to learn the nuances of their specific choices in race, class, playstyle. This explains why there's an increasing amount of proc sets in the game.

Penetration is what allows you to ignore mitigation that either bosses or other players have. Crit is just double damage. Probably the simplest explanation.

In what circumstances do I want pen over crit?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

In what circumstances do I want pen over crit?

PvP mostly. Crit is usually unreliable given how many people stack impenetrable, but with enough penetration you can obliterate heavy armor players like butter.

Fried Sushi posted:

Some housing info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCFl5-DvSY

Stolen from reddit:

3 House sizes (small, medium, large) themed after each of the 10 races - 30 houses + DLC areas
Free apartment through quest with housing launch
Upgrade to bigger houses with in-game gold
Houses account-wide for all characters
New furniture crafting system for crafters to furnish their house and SELL the furniture they can make
Invite players/guilds into your house
Decorate your house with hundreds of housing items "any way you want"
Own multiple homes
Heh, time to realize my dream of being an ESO real estate developer.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do boss monsters have "armor" as such? Do they deal crit damage? When do I want weapon damage stat over crit or penetration?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Baron Porkface posted:

Do boss monsters have "armor" as such? Do they deal crit damage? When do I want weapon damage stat over crit or penetration?

Question #1: Yes, just like you, NPCs have stat values (armor, crit, stamina etc etc)

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

boho posted:

Oh you sweet summer child, no one's talking about PvE balance.

Please stop killing me with your magplar, don't you know about balance?

:goonsay:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Do goons have any organized pvp nights?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tanreall posted:

Do goons have any organized pvp nights?

We do, but since it's update week, expect about a week or so of us lagging behind in an attempt to farm the new FOTM garbage, and run dungeons and stuff.

Also, new Soul Assault is cloakable, and the Bow ultimate is dodgeable. Great work Wrobel.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

tgidieday posted:

Please stop killing me with your magplar, don't you know about balance?

:goonsay:

Yes, Magplar is the one exception to stamina dominance in PvP, but its viability is tenuous at best considering it hinges entirely on an ability that is far past due for a nerf.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

boho posted:

Yes, Magplar is the one exception to stamina dominance in PvP, but its viability is tenuous at best considering it hinges entirely on an ability that is far past due for a nerf.

Stamina PvP builds are certainly known for their diversity, you've got me there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RNG has been gracious today, bunch of Impen Lich stuff and SPC jewelry

Oh and that loving Imperium chest piece I've been hunting down forlovingever.

E: So no one gets confused about what chest drops what undaunted shoulder piece:

Maj al-Ragath's Reward Chest:
Banished Cells I & II
Darkshade Caverns I & II
Elden Hollow I & II
Fungal Grotto I & II
Spindleclutch I & II
Wayrest Sewers I & II

Gilirion the Redbeard's Reward Chest:
Arx Corinium
Blackheart Haven
Blessed Crucible
City of Ash I & II
Crypt of Hearts I & II
Direfrost
Selene’s Web
Tempest Island
Vaults of Madness
Volenfell

Urgalarg Chief-Bane's Reward Chest:
Cradle of Shadows
Imperial City Prison
Ruins of Mazzatun
White-Gold Tower

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 8, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Scyantific posted:

RNG has been gracious today, bunch of Impen Lich stuff and SPC jewelry

Oh and that loving Imperium chest piece I've been hunting down forlovingever.

E: So no one gets confused about what chest drops what undaunted shoulder piece:

Maj al-Ragath's Reward Chest:
Banished Cells I & II
Darkshade Caverns I & II
Elden Hollow I & II
Fungal Grotto I & II
Spindleclutch I & II
Wayrest Sewers I & II

Gilirion the Redbeard's Reward Chest:
Arx Corinium
Blackheart Haven
Blessed Crucible
City of Ash I & II
Crypt of Hearts I & II
Direfrost
Selene’s Web
Tempest Island
Vaults of Madness
Volenfell

Urgalarg Chief-Bane's Reward Chest:
Cradle of Shadows
Imperial City Prison
Ruins of Mazzatun
White-Gold Tower

This belongs in a museum! Or the OP.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah I still have no idea who drops what and why and that goes for all drops, especially zone drops. Isn't there a handy spread sheet some super sperg made that can help me?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Morglon posted:

Yeah I still have no idea who drops what and why and that goes for all drops, especially zone drops. Isn't there a handy spread sheet some super sperg made that can help me?

I posted one on this very page. Look up top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
drat I'm blind. Gotta say though the sound of the dark anchors will haunt my dreams and not being able to just casually solo world bosses as I quest past them is not good for my OCD.