Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

ESO is A Good Game if you do not go into it wanting literally Skyrim with Multiplayer.

I wanted it to be Skyrim with Multiplayer, but it didn't allow my nightblade to be a proper murderhobo so I quit. Then I returned because it's still Elder Scrolls but I started a templar, did the first Dark Brotherhood quest and got the definitive murderhobo skill, Blade of Woe. For people who don't play it yet, it allows you to sneak up on people and murder them (many city dwellers are eligible too). It also has a nice killcam !

This skill has changed the game for me. Now I'm back with a sneaky bosmer stamina nightblade, and when I'm sneaking around towns and stealing everything not bolted down I can finally kill that annoying servant who is always looking in my direction when I'm trying to pick a lock.

Advice to newbies with similar playstyle: get Dark Brotherhood DLC as soon as you've created your character (you don't need to finish the quest as you get the skill as soon as you talk to the guy). Now you can play ESO just like those good old times in Skyrim ! Sneak around, steal, murder and have loads of fun !

Only thing lacking is the ability to put baskets on peoples' heads before stealing everything, but I hope that Zenimax will add it to the game in the future.

Sky Shadowing posted:

The lore isn't as deep as a mainline game, and I have a few quibbles (a literal loving crown that controls all elves really really doesn't fit in with TES), but it's worth playing, especially with Goons.

Didn't someone say in the previous thread that ESO has actually a deeper lore than previous Elder Scrolls games ? I'm not an expert but there is a lot of books in the world (and even a Librarian addon to read them later).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Morglon posted:

Yeah I still have no idea who drops what and why and that goes for all drops, especially zone drops. Isn't there a handy spread sheet some super sperg made that can help me?

http://esoacademy.com/set-bonus-items/

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

My problem with current scaling is that numbers actually go DOWN while I level. Every level you have LESS health, less stamina, less magicka, and it's not really easy to keep your gear up to date all the time. I love 1T but this part of it irks me a bit because it makes gear more important than it should be.

And I mourn my lost ability to outlevel some hard quest and finish it later. With 1T if I don't do it now then it'll be only harder to do later. But oh well, you can't have everything.

Edit: Actually perceived progression still exists because you still get new abilities you can play around with. It's just that you don't really feel the "more crit" skill the same way as you feel "more levels" because you never outlevel mobs.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 10, 2016

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Edit: There was a question about DW/bow but gently caress it.

I realized that I just don't enjoy playing DW so if I'll have to be "that guy with 2H lol" then so be it, at least I like it and there is less chance of just not playing.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 25, 2017