Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
How about some advice for max level PvE magDK?

I kind of blundered my way to cp 200 but I really have no clue about min maxing in this game. Skills, rotations, items to hunt for, anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Dunmer, been doing the Fire Wizard DK thing for a while with full Magicka and Destro/Resto, though It seems like I've heard people saying Magicka DK is not particularly good.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

FutureCop posted:

So I've been craving a good third-person action-adventure game recently; something where I can explore around and do all sorts of cool stuff, like sneaking into tombs to loot them while having cool, flashy fights in my crafted armor. Basically, I wanted something like Skyrim, but I've already beaten that. So, I figured this might be a good logical progression. This game sounds pretty tempting, especially with the latest update that adds more freedom, and it is on sale. However, at the same time, other games like Dragon's Dogma are on sale, and they fit the bill for me as well. Would this game be able to compete with something like that? I think the main point of contention for me is the feel of combat; as combat is usually 90% of your game time in an rpg, I like it to be very dynamic and skillful. I can't get a good grasp from videos if ESO has a nice skill-based combat to it, or if it's more of a mash-your-abilities into someone's face so they die faster than your health bar can deplete that so many other MMOs turn out to be (and Elder Scrolls games), where the only real skill is to occasionally stand outside of the red and make sure you have a synergistic build with self-healing. I can see that there are blocking, interrupts and dodge mechanics, but I rarely ever see this stuff come into play from the videos I watch and instead they look to be a chaos of pianoing your keyboard to create fireworks while standing still (not necessarily bad, just not what I'm looking for). Sorry if that's a bit obtuse; I guess I'm just looking to see if this is an MMO that competes with the action combat of TERA (without having the bad quest system and anime environment) or Dark Souls or some such.

ESO's combat is more active than many other MMORPGs, certainly most tab-target games, but Dark Souls it is emphatically not. It's still a hotbar driven MMO with mouselook and basic attacks bound to clicks.

Regarding Dragon's Dogma, you might as well compare World of Warcraft with Devil May Cry, which is to say the games are apples and oranges. If you want something like Dark Souls then you should probably get the game that is actually an action game.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Bustycops posted:

Oh boy ESO is straight up offline (Servers, Website, even their Twitter was inactive until <1 hour ago), apparently because some DDOS shenanigans are going on.

No timetable on a fix either, we might be witnessing a primetime Friday outage.

It's not offline at all actually, as Kyte mentioned it's a DNS issue.

I'm logged in currently, adding the line

198.20.198.110 live-services.elderscrollsonline.com

to your windows hosts file is an easy temporary fix while the issues get sorted.