Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm glad to see that Stamsorc isn't a complete write-off. I was levelling one when they nerfed surge and made the 2H weaving harder to see because of the animation changes and I kind of put it (and the game in general) down for a bit out of frustration. I really like how my dude looked and I'd upgraded the mount a fair bit over the course of several months so if I can just pick him back up again and swap over to Dual Wield I'll be real happy. Thanks for the writeup, Scy :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Percelus posted:

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-nightblade-tank-build/ is this build viable for my argonian nightblade?
I think most people are generally skeptical about Deltia's stuff and I don't know how much of it's actually been updated recently. Of all the builds I've seen the ones from Scy and tgidieday here in the thread are consistently the best and they also usually explain why everything is in the build as it is. Scy actually posted his Nightblade sap tank build recently and it looks pretty cool:

Scyantific posted:

Not gimped at all actually. Like I said, my Dunmer nightblade pulls triple duty as DPS, Healer (well, off-healer), and Tank. I've had multiple pick-up groups compliment my build after tanking them through particularly tricky dungeons like Banished Cells II, Crypt of Hearts II, White-Tower, and Imperial City Prison.

In fact, I think it's about time I posted my updated tank build now that OT is out and people seem to be coming back to the game. It basically plays the same as a magblade DPS but built for survivability

Armor Sets
-Setup can be either 5HA/1MA/1LA or 5HA/2LA or 7HA
-Ideal traits should be Sturdy on armor pieces, or Divines if you can't find Sturdy drops. Weapons will be Defending. Shield can either be Infused or Sturdy.
-Armor enchants should be Magicka. Weapon enchant will be Crusher

"Main" Setup (I use this for the legitimately difficult endgame content)
  • 2x Blood Spawn, Sturdy (Head and Shoulder pieces)
  • 5x Akaviri Dragonguard (Jewelry + either SnB or 2 armor), Sturdy (Drop set, Eastmarch region)
  • 5x Tava's Favor, Sturdy (Crafted set)
The Akaviri Dragonguard set is a cornerstone of this build because it reduces the cost of Ultimates by 15%, and when synergized with Blood Spawn and Tava's Favor you're basically dropping 2-3 War Horns during every boss encounter, which is by far the most important buff in any group setting

Optional Armor Choices
  • 2x Engine Guardian if you have sustain issues (you shouldn't)
  • 2x Malubeth if you want more healing
  • 2x Swarm Mother if you want to pull ranged adds towards you
  • 2x Mighty Chudan if you're a dumbass who can't figure out how to keep Major Ward/Resolve up constantly (Hint: Use any ability in the Shadow tree)
  • 5x Brands of Imperium (Drop set, White-Gold Tower) if you're running with idiot stamina builds who are dying at close range
  • 5x Kagrenac's Hope if you want to forgo survivability for more damage/healing output. And faster resurrections for your idiot DPS super-stars who keep standing in stupid.
  • 3x Willpower if you can't obtain Dragonguard Jewelry. Trait can be either Healthy or Arcane.
  • 2x Endurance for Sword and Shield if you're running Willpower

Essential Skills

Class Skills
  • Refreshing Path - This is your main source of Major Ward and Major Resolve, which increases your Spell and Physical Resist by 5260. With Blood Spawn active your resistances should be hitting 33-35k, which is above the resistance hard cap. It's also a decent Heal Over Time skill.
  • Siphoning Attacks - A key skill in a Nightblade tank's arsenal. Whereas Dragonknight tanks get their resources back through the Battle Roar passive when activating Ultimates, we use Siphoning Attacks to constantly regenerate resources during any battle by weaving Light and Heavy attacks and Direct Damage Skills
  • Sap Essence - Our main source of pulling trash mobs. The amazing thing about Sap Tanks is that they get stronger as the number of mobs increases, so this skill is essential during trash pulls
  • Mirage - This skill is key to a Tava's Favor build. Tava's Favor grants 9 ultimate over 3 seconds any time you dodge an attack. Combining this with Akaviri Dragonguard means that you're building Ultimate relatively quickly once you throw in Nightblade passives.
  • Funnel Health - During single-target encounters, you'll want to be weaving this consistently. This skill allows you to deal direct damage to bosses, while also providing a secondary source of heals to your allies, and further speeding up your ultimate gain.
Weapon Skills
  • Pierce Armor - Your primary source of pulling aggro. It also afflicts your target with Major Breach and Major Fracture, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance
  • Heroic Slash - Another cornerstone skill in any tank's arsenal. Not only does it inflict Minor Main on your target, reducing their damage output, it also grants Minor Heroism, speeding up your ultimate gain.
  • Absorb Magic - Probably the best skill for a tank in the Sword and Shield tree. Not only does it passively help you block just by having it slotted, but activating it against ranged caster targets also helps keep you alive, since it absorbs magic damage and heals you while doing it.
  • Shield Wall - I haven't completely tested this skill out yet, but having zero block cost for 6 seconds pretty much speaks for itself. Further testing is needed on this skill before I can make a decision on it
Alliance War Skills - Yes, this build requires a little PvP action
  • Aggressive Warhorn - As previously mentioned, this is a tank's greatest contribution to any group setting. Aggressive Warhorn increases your entire group's stats by 10%, and grants them Major Force, increasing their Critical Damage by a staggering 30%. This skill is one of only two sources of Major Force in the game.
  • Reviving Barrier - Is your group having trouble staying alive, or have you run into an "oh poo poo oh gently caress" moment during an encounter? Then worry not, this skill is here to save your asses! Not only does it deploy a MASSIVE 35k damage shield to all allies in range, it also drops an amazing heal over time to anyone affected by the skill.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Yo ennuid, was it you who was saying in the old thread that you had a fix for the LUA errors that CombatCloud has been throwing up for a while? I've been poking around but I can't find the post and I'm getting to the point where I really miss having a working copy of it because it was A Good Addon™ and it hasn't been updated in ages :saddowns:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brain In A Jar posted:

Things I have learnt about playing ESO: no matter how fun and/or engaging the game is, Stonefalls is a boring lovely zone and inevitably will cause me to get bored and quit, again.

Edit: Did the servers just go offline or did I get banned for trying to name my character a rude word?
Good news, friend: One Tamriel means that you can level anywhere now. There should be wayshrines to the other faction starting zones so you can hop around as you see fit.

If you want a recommendation for an Ebonheart Pact area, I recently did everything in Shadowfen and I have to say that despite the story being somewhat dark (because everyone is a jerk to the Argonians) the zone is in fact extremely good and had an interesting story from start to finish. The sidequests are also really cool and you get a lot more history and lore about the Hist.

Deshaan also has an interesting main plot but I didn't like it as much as Shadowfen. I've also heard from others that the Dominion storylines are quite good.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

As someone who just picked up this game for 10$ and only read the OP once, Explain the build for a stupid newbie dildo.

I'm interested in OP flavor of the month for most enjoyment.
Scyantific wrote some guides for all the classes for levelling which I think are in the second post of the OP. He included some explanation of why stuff works together in those posts.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rookersh posted:

StamSorc isn't fotm. It's just a really reliable stambuild that has a lot more variety then the other stambuilds.

Stamplars uses to be better due to just how good Templars were ( they were the fotm class ), but looks like they got knocked down this patch.

Stamblades are entirely PvP gankers that suffer in every other environment and have a ton of basic problems.

StamDK was basically just a PvE tank build.

Meanwhile StamSorc could be a fun muscle wizard what warps around, sustains well, does respectable enough damage in most fights, and was a pain to kill. You could also swap to Magicka pretty easily for PvE.
Muscle Wizards: The best Wizards?

I think so.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Did they give any info on what time the early access becomes available?
They've only got the starting time for the maintenance listed (slightly less than 2 hours from now) so I'm assuming it'll be 'as long as it takes' since they need to patch the server infrastructure.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Test server already happened. And I haven't delved deep into the reports because I'm a crazy man who is buying this no matter what and don't want any spoilers, but the general whispers I've heard have been "it's a pretty fitting tribute".
:same:

The ZOS guys have always done a fantastic job with the world-building and lore in ESO so I'm sure they will with Morrowind, too. And yeah, as I understand it the mechanics changes in the Morrowind update are dropping for everyone after the maintenance is finished and it's only the new class/area that are restricted to preorders at this time.

I am so hype for mushrooms and wizards and silt striders :ohdear:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

madcow posted:

Here is a link to an edited LUA file for the No, Thank You! addon:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=31901722854389847968

I just incorporated the edits mentioned in the discussion section for the addon and it seems to be working for me, ymmv.
On a similar note someone has patched Fyrakin's MiniMap to work as well and put the files up on ESOUI: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?s=189384050b69891567287f98557f029b&id=1692.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's a self contained story but you won't know Naryu.
Interestingly enough if you start a new character and choose to actually play the tutorial you get introduced to Naryu as part of that now and she'll acknowledge that she knows you when you first run into her in Morrowind (although you can't be a shameless flirt with her like you can if you already know her from the EP story). The only time she doesn't know who you are is the first time you run into her if you've made a new character post-Morrowind and skipped the tutorial (or if you're a filthy non-EP person).

Aramek posted:

Naryu was in Deshaan!
Naryu is actually a recurring character through all of the EP stuff and I'm pretty sure she also helps out during the Coldharbour stuff if you've been doing the main story quests in tandem with the zone quests. EP is the best.

e: also her new haircut owns and I want it for my Dunmer MagDK. Hoping it shows up in the store over the next few months.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rookersh posted:

Each of the factions has their own Naryu. I would bet good money next years Morrowind type deal will include either Razum-Dar, or Darien Gautier.

Of the three I prefer Razum-Dar. He is also the best in Coldharbor. He's also maybe a Khajiti God?
Each of the factions has a whole host of recurring dudes but overall I like the EP cast best. Raz and the Queen are both pretty cool Dominion side but they're literally the only people I care about in the entire faction whereas I like nearly all of the supporting cast for EP. Everything that isn't about Reguards/Hammerfell in the Covenant is dumb and bad.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Berke Negri posted:

DC has your bickering pirate pals from Stros M'Kai though
I was a bit upset how rapidly Kaleen and pals went from 'heck yeah, you're our best friend' to 'get off my ship, traitor' depending on your choice at the end of Betnikh. It seemed really out of character and the worst part is there's no actual downside to keeping the relic other than the Orc lady whose name I can't remember right now being grumpy at you. If you destroy the relic then you find out Nicolene's brothers all get killed off screen and she really hates you now when you run into them again in Wayrest :smith:.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Morglon posted:

Hate to break it to you but you can call me curiosity since I killed the cat. Razum-Dar is Razum-Dead since all the mangy cat beasts must die now and forever.
Spoiler: he doesn't die

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Hakarne posted:

Also I think this thread could do more with character shots in general, I love seeing the crazy/cool things goons come up with in MMOs.
I agree. I enjoy the dressup aspect of MMOs a fair bit so while I’ve been messing around with alts I’ve been trying to use costumes so that I don’t have to worry about them wearing clownsuits while levelling. I find you can dramatically change the look of a lot of the costumes if you just change the dyes on them (which is something you can do if you’re subbed).

I’ve tried to stick to costumes that don’t use much (if anything) from the shop to give people ideas of what they can realistically do without spending any money outside of getting DLC (which most people do via the Gold edition which is always on sale somewhere).

Orc DK wearing the Warden’s costume that comes with certain versions of Morrowind and the Echalette pet from the Orsinium DLC:

Khajit Nightblade wearing the costume you get from the Thieves’ Guild DLC riding the smuggest camel ever which came with I think the premium version of Thieves’ Guild:

Redguard Templar using the new Scarlet Judge costume from Morrowind along with the Bouyant Arminger face tattoos from the main quest in Morrowind.

This one’s cheating a bit because the Turban was from the Crown Store but it finishes off the Sword Saint thing I was going for perfectly. She even has a curved sword.

Dunmer Dragonknight wearing all Morag tong gear from the Morrowind bundle converter thing. I think the chest is heavy, boots are medium and the rest is light with a Skinchanger staff:

Altmer Sorcerer wearing the Trinimac’s Penitent Knight costume from Orsinium (dyed to fit Thalmor colours) and the Telvanni personality from Morrowind quests (which alters the /read emote to be the two floating books):

Bosmer Warden (featuring bear arse photobomb) using the Shrouded Armour costume (dyed brown and green) and the Assassin personality from Dark Brotherhood:

Lastly, my Argonian Templar who is using tons of stuff from the crown store but I don’t care because he looks awesome:

In closing: lizards rule, roll Argonian.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cathab posted:

I'm about to hit CP160 this evening, and have some more dumb questions for you poor goons who have already had to put up with plenty of my dumb questions so far (thanks for that).

I've been limping by with training gear, paying basically no mind whatsoever to equipment up until now. About all I know is that as a Magplar, I want to be wearing 5 pieces of light armor for the various bonuses that gives me, however apart from that I don't really know what gear to 'shoot for' now that I've hit the gear cap. I've heard people suggesting that you should wear 5 pieces of light armor, 1 piece of medium, and 1 piece of heavy, however I don't really understand why. I know there's tons of sets out there that give you all kinds of bonuses, so I'm assuming that's what I'm going to be aiming for, but I don't know what sets exist and where the pieces drop or anything like that. How do I find this info out?

Also, up until now I've basically been grinding Dolmens, doing daily random dungeons for bonus exp, and I think I've mostly completed the main story line (questing doesn't really interest me that much tbh). Once I've hit the gear cap, what other kinds of stuff should I be doing? I know of Trials, but I don't really know how to do them or how to get involved in them etc as they don't appear in the dungeon finder afaik. And apart from PVP (which I'd like to do once I have some good gear), what other 'stuff' is there to do that isn't grinding exp or questing for exp? Basically, once you guys have hit CP160, what sort of stuff do you do when you log on of an evening?

But yeah, if there are any good guides that are focused on what to do once you hit the endgame, or post-CP160 gear guides etc I'd be interested to read them. I feel like I've only seen/done like 10% of what this game has to offer, and have been basically hyper-focused on getting to the gear cap and am wanting to learn more about the game at large now that the level grind is out of the way.

Thanks
In addition to Rollersnake's advice, don't forget to get people in guild to make stuff for you instead of trying to buy it outright from guild traders. The raw materials to make the sets will cost you about 1/4-1/3 of what the actual pieces themselves sell for and it doesn't cost us anything other than time to put them together if you can provide the base materials, plus you get to choose the style of the armour this way.

For build guides, Alcast has some good guides that include what gear sets he uses but you need to remember that his stuff is all hyper optimised for endgame vet content and you'll probably want to make some alterations if you're using the builds out doing solo stuff since they don't normally have much in the way of self healing in them.

Endgame content wise you'll probably want to start joining in on the Undaunted pledge runs that people do since the dungeons have special 'Monster' sets that consist of a Helmet (that drops in veteran dungeons) and a Shoulderpiece (which come from the chests that you unlock with the keys you get from doing the Undaunted pledge daily quests) that have very powerful bonuses from just the two pieces. The monster sets are also the reason you'll see a lot of people recommending you split your gear sets so that head/shoulders are part of one set with your weapons and the other 5 pieces are the other set. Once you've got a basic set of gear sorted you might also want to start looking into Maelstrom Arena and the trials you mentioned previously.

e: going to quote Rollersnake's post so it doesn't get lost since it was the last post on the previous page:

Rollersnake posted:

This is only relevant once you have the Undaunted Mettle passive, which gives you a % bonus to max magicka, stamina, and health if you're wearing all three different types of armor. Until then, I'd do 5 light/2 heavy if you're DPS or 5 heavy/2 light if you're tanking.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Honestly I had a lot of fun shopping around for and collecting armor sets, so I'd recommend picking what appeals to you most based on the perks/your play style and going with that.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 19, 2017

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Something I'd mention regarding Morrowind is that the area has some pretty great stories but they're all delivered through long and involved chains (similar to Wrothgar from the Orsinium DLC) and it's not actually great for experience. Because the exp gain is fairly slow the early game can be a bit frustrating if you're only doing Morrowind stuff on a new character since you're lacking a lot of your skills/morphs and encounters with 3+ enemies or the harder enemies can be quite unforgiving.

The 'Main Story' quests from the original game are pretty silly and hammy compared to the rest of the game but I quite like the alliance/zone stories along with the Fighters and Mages guild questlines. I personally think as someone brand new to the game you're actually probably best off doing the main story, fighters/mages guild and alliance questline alongside each other (the guild quests move onto the next zone so you'll know when you need to work on the alliance quests) since it'll introduce you to the supporting cast of recurring characters who pop up again in all the DLCs (and if you're Ebonheart Pact you'll run into a character who is fairly prominent in the Vvardenfell quests in Morrowind). I suppose it depends if you care about having a coherent overarching narrative or whether you're happy to experience the story of the new zone without worrying about how it's connected to the rest of the game.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cathab posted:

Awesome stuff, thanks very much. So essentially, I'm going to be aiming for whichever two piece monster set appeals to me, and then a five piece crafted set in addition to that? Am I on the right track? If so, what's the virtue of doing Trials etc after that's all taken care of? I mean, if I do a Trial and get a really kickass piece of armor that drops, if I equip that that will mess up the set(s) that I already have and I'll probably lose out in the long run? Sorry if that sounds confusing.

And yeah I've heard of Maelstrom Arena (but forgot what it was called). I'll look into doing that now. Thanks.
In a lot of cases the set bonuses from the Trials are better optimised (for running said Trials in particular) than the crafted sets or the monster sets from dungeons. Likewise, the special weapons from veteran maelstrom arena (if the RNG gods smile on you and give you one that's sharpened) tend to be better than the extra benefit you'd get from another piece of the set bonus so they're used instead.

Gear progression basically starts you out with a combination of crafted gear and willpower/agility jewellery (giving you a 5 piece armour set, 3 piece armour/weapon set, 3 piece jewellery set) to give you a solid baseline before moving on to some of the monster sets with sets from dungeons (which include jewellery so you can do splits of two 5 piece sets and the monster set if you're dual wielding) and ending up with maelstrom/master weapons combined with two lots of 5 piece sets from trials. Gearing is heavily dependent on the RNG being nice to you (hence the thread title) and giving you the drops you want with the traits you're after such as Divines on armour or Sharpened on weapons for most DPS builds. Once you actually get the drops you want you'll probably want to upgrade them to Legendary quality using Woodworking/Blacksmithing/Clothing so you'll likely need to work on crafting a bit, too.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Sorry for all these newbie questions :shobon:

Is it possible to do a DPS DK, or is it more or less strictly limited to backstabbers and booknerds?
You're in luck as DKs are good at both stamina and magicka based DPS. They're both heavily focused towards Damage over Time spells with Stamina DKs being themed around poison and Magicka around fire.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 19, 2017

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cathab posted:

Great, thanks. So basically, it sounds like it's relatively easy to come across the set pieces themselves (for the set bonuses), however finding them with the right trait (Which as a PVE-focused DPS, I would want Sharpened for my weapons and Divines for my armor?) is the tricky part.

So after some googling, apparently what I should be aiming for is the two piece Grothdarr set, as well as a 5 piece Burning Spellweave set...?

And apparently, to get the Grothdarr stuff, one piece can only be obtained by opening the Redbeard chest with one of my pledge keys, and the other piece can only be obtained by killing the final boss in the Vaults of Madness on Veteran mode? (So, basically, I have 7 keys right now, and in order to get what I want I should just basically open the Redbeard chest seven times over and hope that the one Grothdarr item that I want comes out of it?)

With the Burning Spellweave set... is that craftable? Or do I need to complete a particular dungeon over and over for each of the pieces? And that only takes care of the armor pieces. Do weapons factor into sets as well? Or are they something else entirely? Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm just trying to formulate a bit of a game plan as to what to do from here to get geared up respectably.
Yeah, basically that. RNG forever. Getting the drops isn't bad but having them optimised with the stuff you want is pure RNG. I'm honestly not super familiar with the actually end-game gearing options outside of stamsorc (since that's all I've done in that sort of content thus far), someone like Scy would be better to provide you advice on that.

And yeah, just open the undaunted chests repeatedly and you'll get a purple shoulderpiece of random armour weight drawn from a pool of possible drops. More RNG!

Burning Spellweave pieces are drops from City of Ash, IIRC (maybe from COAII?). Dungeon sets normally include weapons and jewellery as well as armour pieces so there's a lot more flexibility in gearing up.

e: yeah, Burning Spellweave is from City of Ash: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Burning+Spellweave+Set
  • Dungeon bosses and mini bosses will now drop a set piece 100% of the time.
  • Mini bosses will drop either a hand, waist, or feet set piece.
  • Bosses will drop either a chest, shoulder, head or leg set piece.
  • The final Boss of a dungeon will drop weapons or jewelry.
  • Normal mode dungeon bosses will drop blue-quality items.
  • Veteran mode dungeon bosses will drop purple-quality items.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 19, 2017

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Locator posted:

The races are no longer limited to factions. You can make any race you want in any faction and start in Morrowind, or choose to go start in a faction area and it's not limited by your race either.

I think the only limitations based on faction now is PvP? I could be wrong though.
You've got the "any race, any alliance" upgrade from the Explorer pack. If you don't have that you are still very much limited by alliance restrictions.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Locator posted:

Ah, ok. Probably because of the way I bought the base game I guess since I have the Imperial thing. I just assumed it was like that for everyone now. My bad.
It's honestly pretty confusing due to the changes they made in One Tamriel.

You can go to any zone at any level now and do quests regardless of your faction but the game still considers the faction you affiliated yourself with at character creation to be your "main" faction for a few things. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are PvP in Cyrodiil, the final quest series that follows on from the end of the overarching faction zone quests, which type of freebie housing you get directed to, some crafting quest turn-in locations and targeted daily quests from the Thieves Guild.

The explorer pack ("any race, any alliance") confuses this further by allowing you to choose a race outside of your normal faction restrictions so you can end up playing a Redguard in the Ebonheart Pact and having the NPCs going on about those bastard Redguards while you're standing right there. It's fairly minor but can be quite jarring.

Morrowind also changes this so that any characters made after the release start in Vvardenfell and can optionally get sent through the starting experience for their chosen faction afterwards, including the specific starter zones like Bleakrock Isle.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rollersnake posted:

The justification that I've wasted more money on dumber poo poo than this briefly made me feel better before it made me feel worse.
It is a :krad: personality, tho

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

MF_James posted:

Yeah, my hot take is, get your magicka and crit % as high as you possibly can so you can poo poo out damage, you should be able to get 70%-75% crit rating with surge up, sharpened weapons, you'll probably want to roll dual wield on your front bar (I think that's still the thing?) but no DW skills, the last passive gives you a % damage boost to all skills/attacks unless it has been changed.

As for sets, I'm not 100% sure, someone with more magicka experience can chime in on that.
The destruction staff line was given a passive skill (I think in Homestead?) which now gives you 8% bonus damage for either AoE/Single Target spells depending on the type of staff you have equipped and I haven't seen many Magicka builds using dual wield since.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

MF_James posted:

Good hot take from you, do you have reasoning behind it? I use it and like it.
Maybe he's trying to capture the perfect roe market on PC instead of PS4 this time and doesn't want anyone else to be able to use MM to track sale data as easily :shrug:

I also like and use MM.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

In the spellblade build, why does it tell you to use a destruction staff the first 15 levels until you get dual wield? It says its just for range, so is it a "this is technically the most convenient thing to use until you get dual wield"? I'm mostly just curious, I'm sure the first 15 levels fly by anyway.
I'm not sure if Scy's updated that since Homestead came out but basically Destruction staves never used to have a passive that increased their damage so in a lot of cases the flat damage% from a passive in dual wield was better, even for magicka-based characters. They've made it so Fire/Shock staves now get a damage% boost (either single target or AoE depending on the staff type) so you don't really need dual wield at all any more if you're playing a magicka-based build.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I haven't played ESO for a bit and this all sounds extremely awesome. I've got Clockwork City to go through so maybe I'll pop back in sooner rather than later.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I've just dumped a huge pile of the duplicate motifs I got during the Jubilee into the Chill Bros Chat Lounge guild bank, help yourselves.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

FillInTheBlank posted:

Hello, I have made a nice, tubby lizardman on PC NA and I would like an invite @Nupnups if guilds not full.
Invite sent :getin:

Fojar38 posted:

Most shitheads I see are the passive aggressive sorts who immediately kick people from their dungeon group for not having a high enough CP or whatever.

This happened to me the other day because I'm sub-300 even though I can do Vet White-Gold Tower
I've solved this issue by never doing dungeons with people outside the guild. Highly recommended.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Annath posted:

Got it, thanks!

Is there a suggested order to do content? I learned MMO's playing Wrath-era WoW, where zones were largely self-contained and restricted by level.

I'm level 10, and right now, the quests I have are:

Glenumbra - Blood and the Crescent Moon

Stonefalls - City Under Siege

Stormhaven - The Missing Prophecy

Holiday Event - Royal Revelry, The Witchmother's Bargain

Main Quest - The Harborage
They changed it with the One Tamriel update so that you can do whatever you want whenever you want and it all scales to you but it can be a bit confusing if you're trying to follow specific story threads. The game's still got the original levelling storylines running through the faction zones as well as the DLC stories (which are mostly separate) and the expansions (which follow on from the main quest and each other) but because there aren't any level restrictions any more you kind of get quests barfed at you from everywhere throughout the process.

I think the 'major story' is the main quest and main thread of your faction zones in order (they generally line up so the main quest will direct you to new zones) -> Morrowind main quest -> Clockwork City DLC -> Summerset main quest. Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Murkmire are all largely standalone and are happening alongside the main story so you can do them whenever. There are also side quests everywhere that build on the overarching stuff happening in the zone but don't necessarily change the main stuff.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm going to try and see if a change of scenery will help. I originally saw all these guides that really stressed The Correct Story Order, which is a loathsome way to play the game, but I had been lead to believe there was a great narrative coherence that relied on it. A friend of mine has recently lead me to believe that issue is exaggerated and that the zones are actually reasonably self-contained. I had played through Daggerfall Covenant and I felt like that really benefited from playing in order, but that's probably more of a base game thing?

Anyway, my guild is taking me to kill dragons in Elsewhere this evening and that should be a great change of pace.
All three of the campaigns from the base game lead to the same point so since you’ve done the capstone quest already there’s no need to keep doing it if you don’t want to.

The main reason to do Cadwell’s Silver/Gold is honestly just seeing the zone stories and getting more dyes from doing their respective achievements.

It sounds like you liked Morrowind back in the day so I’d suggest starting with the expansion that takes place there. There’s a lot of fun stuff referencing what will happen in TES3 and it’ll get you started on the expansion stories which do somewhat tie together in the order they came out chronologically.

I personally like the expansion stories a lot more than the base story as they’d had more time to get a feel for what they wanted to do with the story and they have some great recurring characters to add some personality into the mix.

If you’re not looking for a big dramatic story you can also hit up some of the original DLC stuff from before they started doing expansions like Orsinium, the Thieves’ Guild, Dark Brotherhood, etc.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Barreft posted:

Agreed if it was just ESO. But I have 2 monitors and I play videos and poo poo on the second. Big problem was buying a main 3440x1440x120 monitor, but too late now.

Unless using over 70% of my CPU all day while I play ESO and other stuff at the same time is okay.

I turned it off and still get 90ish FPS with only 20% CPU so I'm cool.
Your CPU should be able to run at 100%, they're designed for that. If it's really not coping it'll throttle back down to something that doesn't produce as much heat on its own, you don't need to babysit it.

Unless you're actively getting bad interference with the other stuff you're doing I'd leave all options that give you the best performance on and not worry about it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Just use a blank armory slot and addons to reassign all your points and armor, unless you're not on PC.
It sounds like the upcoming armory system can save different skill morphs, attribute allocations and champion points per slot which will be nice.

I currently have different saved sets of skills/gear with addons and will still do that for minor adjustments but being able to have completely different choices for solo, group stuff, stealth, crafting, etc on my completionist character appeals to me greatly.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cygna posted:

So far I've done the Elsweyr parts and the Grahtwood part of the Aldmeri Dominion storyline. I'm not ever going to do the Summerset or Auridon parts because those zones put me right to sleep, but I dipped my toe in as much as I had to for the psijic stuff, and holy poo poo it went right from zero to "imprison all immigrants and then look the other way as they're handed off to a Daedric murder cult." Good job being worse on race relations than the dunmer, you guys!
Yeah I kind of mentally tuned out halfway through the Summerset story because I really don't like the Altmer. It's unfortunate, too, because it caps off the story arc about all the Daedric machinations that runs through Morrowind->Clockwork City->Summerset and by the end of it I just didn't care what the outcome was. Morrowind and Clockwork city were pretty great at least.

On the bright side, I really liked the Season of the Dragon story that runs through Elsweyr and Dragonhold but I think a lot of that is because it's focused on the Khajit who are just great.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

zeldadude posted:

well yeah I realize that levels scale but I still expected 25 levels worth of skill upgrades, passives, etc to have made some sort of difference :shrug:

I'm assuming I'm just bad and that's the reason but stamina dragonknight just seems like it has really bad damage to me, especially compared to sorcerer
Are you using the same weapons? Most of the stamina classes use more of the shared skills from the weapons for damage than their class skills (which are mainly for buffs). If you were using something like a one handed weapon and shield on the DK (tank gear that has lower damage than other options) and have now switched to something like a two handed sword (bursty wide area damage) it'll feel like an improvement but it would've also done so if you'd made the same swap on your DK.

In general Stamina classes will use a two handed sword (it has a damage shield and several skills that give big bursts of damage that affect multiple targets) and a bow (several damage over time abilities that you can rotate through and swap back to your sword) while they're running around out in the world. Dual wielding is generally the best single target damage and the best sustained damage over time so Stamina-based damage classes usually use that in groups (still combo'd with the bow).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Bar Patron posted:

Can we get some pictures of the characters you goons have made in the thread? I want to see what fancy garbs you're wearing.
I love the outfitting system in this game, there are so many different motif styles and customisations.

My most played character, a Dunmer Sorcerer. For the outfit I was aiming for just general 'adventurer' since this is the one I've done all the stories and crafting on:

My Khajit Nightblade which I use for damage dealing in dungeon groups:

I love the Argonian aesthetic and this guy is a Dragonknight that I have set up for healing but who I run around with a stamina build on solo so he can spit poison everywhere:

A Redguard Sorcerer who originally my Stamina Sorcerer before the armoury system made that largely irrelevant so he's relegated to being a werewolf in cyrodiil/arenas now:

My magicka-based Warden which was my attempt to make a Breton look like a Reachman which I think worked out pretty well:

This one is basically a joke because it's a Necromancer named Owns-Bones and I haven't actually levelled the character much:

My newest character is a stamina-based Necromancer who is the angriest Orc with the most thematically appropriate "weapon":

I do have more characters but they've largely been left by the wayside thanks to the armoury update.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Doctor Zero posted:

Here’s my Main. Bosmer Warden - Loolea. Yeah I know it’s a standard costume but it looks perfect on her so I never change it. She’s also the shortest the sliders will go. I’ve been playing variations of her in MMOs since launch EQ.

I didn't post it before but I also use and love the Elven Hero Armour costume on my Bosmer :hfive:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I've dumped a bunch of crafting motif pages and style pages into the Chill Bros Chat Lounge guild bank for those of you who are on PC-NA. You get the outfit styles (which are account wide) as well as the crafting patterns (per character, unfortunately) for motif pages when you use them so they can be real nice for fashion stuff.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

DoriDori240 posted:

I am confident we can get 200 of each spider part (i.e. full stack of each) in the guild bank by Tuesday Morning. Do your part!
Two of them have hit 200 and overflowed and the last stack only needs two more to hit 200 :buddy:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Barreft posted:

Any apartments/houses to show?
I only really use the entrance of Serenity Falls Estate but I've set it up in two sections which I think look nice:

The first is a small bazaar with the NPC assistants and some storage containers:

The armoury guy is on a path and wanders around and our friend from the court of feathers is hanging around on top of the various lightposts and cawing at people.

The second area is a crafting hub with all the crafting stations, a transmute station and the new deconstruction NPC who is super handy QoL:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

victrix posted:

discovering I could make real money from stolen items was the biggest curse, I'd completely derail my adventures because some town had a bunch of juicy looking npcs and few guards

thieves guild rules

I don't think DB gives quite as good rewards, but I didn't like stabbing random servants as much as robbing nobles so I didn't explore it as much
DB gives the greatest reward of all: a reduction in aggro range while mounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Snowy posted:

I just did the prologue quest from Blackwood, A Mortal’s Touch, and now I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. It ended in grahtwood with a wood elf saying she’d be in touch. Should I just start taking quests in Leyawiin and assume it’ll continue later?
I know you have a workaround but for future reference you can start any of the expansion story main quests from the Stories tab in Collections.

dialhforhero posted:

Is Greymoor worth the price, then? Or just wait for a sale?

I don’t have High Isle so considering if I should get that “full version” or not.

I have the other areas.
I enjoyed Greymoor as a whole (so including the Markarth DLC and the epilogue) but the actual Greymoor story in Western Skyrim is quite dull. The Markarth story is much better (and the epilogue after doing both is quite good) plus as has been mentioned Blackreach is real neat and the Antiquities system is pretty good. It's probably worth the price just based on the Antiquities system alone but it's also not so urgent that you can't put it off until there's a sale if finances are tight.