Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Wacky Delly posted:

Wasn't the original code name of Google Now, Majel, after the voice actress from Star Trek?

I bet this is one of Google's 70 billion facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Wacky Delly posted:

Wasn't the original code name of Google Now, Majel, after the voice actress from Star Trek?

Yes, and it's a huge mistake to not license it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Ah, numbers and stats without context.

Not at this distance your honor.

wheres a graph with an upwards arrow that has no x or y axis.

Train on tracks

TOO SOON SUNDAI TOO SOON

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"Naked married man spreading his anus with both of his hands while bending over"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
THE BEAR JUST WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT PHONES

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Is this taking place in the lobby? Some of these slides look like I put them together 5 minutes before a presentation I had to give in high school

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you can get custom voices, I want either Brian Blessed or Stephen Fry. (Both of whom recorded voices for GPS in the UK.)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

vyst posted:

"Naked married man spreading his anus with both of his hands while bending over"

with a ring on his finger.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Just tell us what products we can buy. Nobody cares about this poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

with a ring on his finger.

Excuse me Google was able to figure this part out already by adding the "married" moniker. Get with it, noob.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
:lol: at the shout out to Canada in the presentation, the same country that has spoiled the Pixel multiple times. TV ad this morning on CTV before it was announced, Bell having a preorder page up for Pixel instead of Note 7 and also Rogers doing Facebook ads for October 20 release date.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you can get custom voices, I want either Brian Blessed or Stephen Fry. (Both of whom recorded voices for GPS in the UK.)

only if Brian Blessed speaks in his natural tone, of screaming loudly and often.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Really Google, you're sucking off Canada just before you charge us a billion loonies for your stupid terrible phone?

e:fb

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Don Lapre posted:

Seriously, the N5x launch was the best. It was just there all of a sudden. None of this.

Well, I'd be all for Brin parajumping in to the arena to launch his new affair product line.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Don Lapre posted:

I do. Deep learning is much more interesting then whatever doodad you can buy this month.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Knight Rider guy, just for when I'm in the car (I think he also recorded something for a GPS as well)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"what does the fox say" in 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

"Show me high resolution photos of fruit floating threatenlingly at night"

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Thermopyle posted:

I do. Deep learning is much more interesting then whatever doodad you can buy this month.

Jerk McJerkface has spoken

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Don Lapre posted:

Jerk McJerkface has spoken

Show me what products I can buy and then resell for a profit.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Really Google, you're sucking off Canada just before you charge us a billion loonies for your stupid terrible phone?

e:fb

It's their pivot to Canada... The start of their Canada First strategy.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Here is the guy chosen to run our new google hardware department. You will see him again in 6 months when we shutdown the google hardware department.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

FogHelmut posted:

"what does the fox say" in 2016

They're google! They get the internet! Meeeeemes!

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Rick looks shady

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

That mic looks like a huge wart on his face. Unfortunate color choice.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
oh that joke was a fart.

Thermopyle posted:

That mic looks like a huge wart on his face. Unfortunate color choice.

nothing will beat the microsoft dude with the mic taped to his face, who was fired a couple days later.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This dude looks weird but I can't place my finger on why

Mr. Powers posted:

It's their pivot to Canada... The start of their Canada First strategy.

god if only

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Everyone at Google is terrible at public speaking.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm the slide that says "1T"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"We often joke that building hardware is... *deep breath* ...HARD" :haw:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh you rear end in a top hat, stop talking about music after loving up GPM for non-english speaking countries!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

God creates man

Man creates google

Google creates AI

AI destroys man

Google+ inherits the earth

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

We're totally going to die to the machines

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The way this guy speaks, I feel like I'm at church and its the part where someone from the community reads a passage.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

CLAM DOWN posted:

This dude looks weird but I can't place my finger on why

god if only

It's the refresh rate of the screen behind him interpolating with your youtube player making him surrounded by jaggles.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Sir Lemming posted:

"We often joke that building hardware is... *deep breath* ...HARD" :haw:

Pause for laughter.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

oh that joke was a fart.

nothing will beat the microsoft dude with the mic taped to his face, who was fired a couple days later.

Someone was fired for that? What the gently caress, did it generate a meme or something?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

orange sky posted:

Someone was fired for that? What the gently caress, did it generate a meme or something?

no, I think he was the head of the surface division and was fired later since the RT bombed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Ohh hey, a new iphone!

• Locked thread