Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

PSA the final is on at 9pm Sunday (18/12)

I can't imagine it won't be Courtney, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Steve2911 posted:

Only Allana and Francis have a chance, really.
Frances' plan might actually succeed. In US and Canada there's a chain called Winners (aka TJX) that has been successful in buying remaining stock from major labels and selling at a discount. Karren is wrong that her business plan won't "scale up" because it doesn't operate the same as a typical chain of department stores that all have the same full range of inventory at every location.

Now, whether Frances was the person who could make this happen is another matter.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 18, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd really love to see one of the rejects take their business plan and make a huge success of it on their own.

Sadly people who really think giving 50% of their business to Alan loving Sugar for £250k is a good idea are unlikely to be successful in any walk of life.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
They really needed to keep Karthik. The series became v boring without him. Like in the interviews he would just have torn off his shirt and alpha-yelled Claude into submission.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It looks like he isn't even back for the final, which is surely one of the greatest tragedies of 2016.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
The final is tonight at 9pm btw, in case anyone didn't know. Do they always put it on a different day? Bit weird.

I'm rooting for Alana all the way

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah it's been on a Sunday evening for at least a couple of years now IIRC.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I've missed the last two episodes. What's happened in the last two weeks?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My dad keeps saying Jessica's career was funded through prostitution and making "ooh arr" noises. Was in the Sun or something today.

It's going to be an exasperating hour.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Karthik is BACK

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Oh gently caress off Paul.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

khwarezm posted:

Oh gently caress off Paul.

And Claude.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Why do they never have a name for their dream business already?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
loving hell he's already bitching and sulking like a 7 year old over being picked last for the football team.

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
The coaching technique is... interesting.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

What is this poo poo

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
What the hell is this pitch coaching nonsense lmao

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
Haha, I was wondering why karthik was on the phone too!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Hahahahhahahah Tim Nice But Dim is loving useless.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Courteney's pitch is going to blow.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Them lying to Alana about everyone loving it hahahaha

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
The editing in Alannas speech seemed really jarring

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
Not a terrible job rescuing Courtney's advert!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My business is an app where you can drone bomb Karen to cheer yourself up

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
She did it! :3:

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I think Courtney should have won. I didn't really like him until the interviews, now I kind of like him.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He came off alright in that episode I admit.

Neither were really winner material in the end but the better candidate of the two won. I'm just glad I was able to bask in Rebecca's lovely mum face for another hour.

e: As an aside this thread was incredibly quiet this year compared to even last year. People really give no shits anymore.

stev fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 18, 2016

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

This series was better than last year's but.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can't believe the winner was some shy girl who plans to sell cakes and the runner up some guy who wants to sell tat they're not exactly novel. Worst series ever and yet again no POC in the final.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Doug Sisk posted:

I think Courtney should have won. I didn't really like him until the interviews, now I kind of like him.

His business was absolutely poo poo. gently caress novelty stuff. I almost feel like he was picked so they could say "See, doing well in the tasks DOES mean you get into the final!" instead of letting Frances in there.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The growing problem is all of the plans we saw were great candidates for small bank loans. All their ideas were a bad attempt at stretching a small business plan out to a 250k investment that only makes sense to want to do for two reasons:
- TV fame
- No bank will touch them

Seems to be a lot of B since they are mostly people with no experience at all, or have nothing but failed businesses behind them.

If any of them had a solid idea it would be in their worst possible interest to split it 50-50 with Shugs.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

He came off alright in that episode I admit.

Neither were really winner material in the end but the better candidate of the two won. I'm just glad I was able to bask in Rebecca's lovely mum face for another hour.

e: As an aside this thread was incredibly quiet this year compared to even last year. People really give no shits anymore.

I realised it was on about ten minutes in and thought 'meh'..I just watched it and my opinion hasn't changed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I finally got around to watching the final which I missed on Sunday because I had no idea they'd moved it from Thursday. Wasn't worth watching after the hairy one and the angry one got fired imo.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Paperhouse posted:

well thanks to Brexit you're not allowed, you have to stay here with all of us. Sorry.

Jokes on you; I moved to Vietnam a few weeks after Brexit.

Jokes on me; I need surgery and will return to England next year to sponge the NHS before it dies.

-

Both businesses were boring. At least Sugar can sweeten up the cake business...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Manic X posted:

At least Sugar can sweeten up the cake business...

:newlol:

I hope he insists on putting his old dried up cow pat face on the packaging.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
They could offer up a Karren Cake - soggy dense vanilla topped with bitter fruit.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 21, 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I look forward to Alanna & Sugar realising:

- all coffee shops have in-house/centralised bakeries so their margins are excellent, and they don't want to charge customers the same and take less.
- the same but with bakeries
Their target will be supermarkets who will laugh at their unit costs and offer half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jessica and Francis were both very lovely and I can't wait till they do something stupid and wind up in some tabloid fodder.

That said, Alana deserved the win.

Courtney was as exciting as watching garden weeds grow.

• Locked thread