Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

attackmole posted:

someone play PC xrd with me tonight

wots your steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
My waifu is better than your waifu. Your waifu is garbage.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DisDisDis posted:

wots your steam

Probs done for tonight, but hit me up sometime.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/attackmole/

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

attackmole posted:

Probs done for tonight, but hit me up sometime.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/attackmole/

Ggs!!!!!!!!! I swear to god I will learn to block low against axl one day

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
One day I'll learn to block anything. Yesterday was not that day though. I need to stop mindlessly j.s towards you, I got gunflammed every time.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Any Venom players here? I can't seem to get his

c.S -> jump cancel -> airdash -> j.SH

combo to connect consistently. I'm trying to be as fast as possible with the airdash and the j.S, but 90% of the time they can recover before the j.H. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

giogadi posted:

combo to connect consistently. I'm trying to be as fast as possible with the airdash and the j.S, but 90% of the time they can recover before the j.H. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?
Are you hitting the jump cancel as early as possible? I like to do it by hitting 8 after the hitstop of c.S(3), then 66, buffer j.SHD. Someone itt made a good vid on how to hit it a while back.

e;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXYxXDdqMw

Souplesse fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 10, 2016

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Caffeine IV posted:

Are you hitting the jump cancel as early as possible? I like to do it by hitting 8 after the hitstop of c.S(3), then 66, buffer j.SHD. Someone itt made a good vid on how to hit it a while back.

e;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXYxXDdqMw

Thanks!! I'll give this a go.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

giogadi posted:

Are you trying this combo on Sol? I'm not a Venom player but maybe using a superjump instead of a normal jump will help? I-No has a similar airdash combo that requires a superjump cancel against Sol. If you use a normal jump I-No's air dash j.S will whiff because Sol's hurtboxes around his legs are really high and I-No will be too low. Maybe it would also be better if you practiced this combo against a different character like Ky first.

In Revelator Sol's midair hurtboxes were made bigger so I-No's BnB no longer requires a superjump cancel. Venom's airdash combo is probably more consistent against Sol now too.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im playing Blazblue with some dudes on the internet. Come check out just how anime one game can be.

https://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got XRD at release then kind of ignored it. I wanna jump back in to revelator but I feel like at this point I should just wait for the PC release, any news on if it's ever coming out

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Last night I was playing PC xrd with a friend and we decided to open the lobby up to the public for fun, and we actually had a full lobby for maybe the hour we were playing, it was great! Good variety of skill levels too. I'll announce the next time I make a lobby in case anyone else wants to join in.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got XRD at release then kind of ignored it. I wanna jump back in to revelator but I feel like at this point I should just wait for the PC release, any news on if it's ever coming out

Last year they announced the PC version of SIGN only a couple of days before it released near Xmas time. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing for Revelator.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
We had advance warning though, the title was registered on steam way before that

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

BBCF preorder is up on NA PSN now, if you wanna get that early access anime fix.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

We had advance warning though, the title was registered on steam way before that

TBF, wasn't that a database leak, and not something that was intended to be seen by the public.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you own -sign- don't wait to play it for pc rev. they are nearly the same game. play -sign- now until rev comes out and then play rev until you die or it gets updated.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

BBCF preorder is up on NA PSN now, if you wanna get that early access anime fix.

i got it. i'm excited.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well for both Susano'o players, looks like he just got online unlocked so now you can actually use him in player and ranked matches.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
https://twitter.com/ChariotDaGawd/status/786974277312610308

Please be fake?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

MohShuvuu posted:

Please be fakereal?

Maybe a character I liked in +R would make me want to play Revelator more.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Please no only sociopaths play Baiken

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

AnonSpore posted:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly it could go either way. A new character or two would drum up a lot of interest, but then again we've seen some really really good fakes.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
bridget has got one pointy chin

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

General Morden posted:

bridget has got one pointy chin

That just means the faker did their research. Everyone who isn't Potemkin has a knife chin in Xrd.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Don't they introduce new characters on arcade cabinets first? Or are development rigs PS4's?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

attackmole posted:

Don't they introduce new characters on arcade cabinets first? Or are development rigs PS4's?

Raven, Dizzy, Tuner and probably all of Rev really were console first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If baiken is real they better have robo ky, zappa, and bridget before the next revision to make the select screen balanced again :autism:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

mycot posted:

That just means the faker did their research. Everyone who isn't Potemkin has a knife chin in Xrd.

Yeah you guys should look at some Millia angles that poo poo is Kaiji level

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

https://twitter.com/elvenshadowmike/status/787002606770159616

Also:
https://twitter.com/Marcello166789/status/786989717225082880

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
baiken is for people that don't really want to play guilty gear. ill pick her since xrd series sucks.

edit : this design is par for the course in the series with jacko and elf

Zand fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 14, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

e: i'm an idiot getting whooshed, i didn't open that picture up full screen.

Anyways, maybe Baiken is being released to coincide with the PC version :getin: .

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I love me some Ramlethal but I need to get better about keeping the swords and learning to play with them unless it's completely obvious that they should be deployed. I seem to lose mostly when I get into the regular situation of "whoops I need to think about getting them back....uhhhh whenever I stop getting my rear end kicked anyway....aaaand I'm done". Her crouching S and HS with them attached are so hot. Opening a game with "block for one second, cr. hs, cr. s" is like a free 1/4th life head start on any beginners.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hey, it's time for the annual pre-release character information rondo, this time for BBCF and Mai, so if you're into that:

Evernote

Also Jyosua is posting more stuff on his twitter that isn't in the evernote.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
who are some players i should watch if i wanna learn Nine?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is there a standard arcade button layout for BB?

i've got the 3 attacks on the top row of my stick and Drive on the bottom now in a rainbow.

like:

A-B-C
D

feels pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That's how the one blazblue cab I've seen had it.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Zand posted:

baiken is for people that don't really want to play guilty gear. ill pick her since xrd series sucks.

edit : this design is par for the course in the series with jacko and elf

What don't you like about xrd?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

giogadi posted:

What don't you like about xrd?

mainly slowdown

the hitstop feels weird to me also. the new characters are awful designs for the most part... raven elf and jacko are horribly obnoxious in the worst way. I liked frcs and ex moves.

I think it's the best looking fg and one of the best looking games period though.

edit I'm old and it's not reload

Zand fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Lobby in pc xrd: good west coast vibes.

• Locked thread