Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Azrael being a high tier monster is cool, too.

Yes but what about Carl being SSS tier now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

I went ahead and pasted that into the comments section so he sees it. I think it's the YouTube account for Angel Opportunity

e: Also on a related note, does mashing jab after a block beat even quick command throws because of the 5f throw invulnerability when you're in blockstun?

dhamster fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 19, 2016

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Reposting this here since at least 1 person was looking for a new stick:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/788663220135399424

PS4 TE S+ for $150 (normally $200).

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

bad metaphors posted:

I watched the thing. Some thoughts below.

Thanks! I didn't realize there was an airdashers thread. I haven't stepped out of my subbed threads in a pretty long time.

Hopefully people will see the pasted comment on my video. I agree with all of your points, and I ALMOST mentioned using 2HS to frametrap if you get the read people are trying to jump out of your pressure. I didn't mention it though because I didn't want to overwhelm more than I already had. After playing a lot in the past few days, I think mentioning tigerknee stun edge as a go-to frametrap is worth doing--I do go over it in my next videos where I'm playing online--as it tends to punish mashing (and a lot of other stuff like dead angles and throw attempts) better than most everything else.

You're probably right about 5k into 2s being a better go-to. I was really looking for the most fool proof and easy to execute frametrap to focus on in the video. I specifically wanted one that did give the feedback of a big, obvious counter-hit with almost no risk for loving up the execution. I think 2p 5HS does make sense for those reasons, but I do realize that it is not as practical or universally good outside the very specific situation of someone who just mashes 2p mindlessly during your pressure. The c.S into 6HS definitely punishes better, but it's really easy to overestimate the execution of newer players.

I'm not really sure why I went with 2p in the video over 5k as an opener for all of these. I really should try using more staggered 5k pressure when I play :D

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bad metaphors posted:

These days it really feels like xrd is the game for babies and blazblue is the game for adults. Gonna learn blazblue in earnest one of these days.

lmao

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
blazblue is the anime of marvels

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
is bb still autopilot trash? I like autopilot trash fwiw

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

angel opportunity posted:

Thanks! I didn't realize there was an airdashers thread. I haven't stepped out of my subbed threads in a pretty long time.

This one is relatively new, it replaced the Xrd thread as well. Anyway I was excited to see some new videos. Your video on basic Ky Oki was really helpful when I was trying to learn the game at a basic level, and those "hard combo" videos were great when I was trying to learn dustloops. A lot of similar videos are shorter but just sort of fart out the combo notation, but I think it helps to see someone break down where things go wrong, and other non-obvious aspects of xrd

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm unreasonably sad that Revelator lets you use Stylish mode in ranked matches and won't even let you filter them out. I know I'm just supposed to be playing player matches but I need a mode that just serves up randos who are generally on my level and ranked does that best. Otoh, when I get fed up and take Stylish Potemkin online it's hilarious and fun as hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm unreasonably sad that Revelator lets you use Stylish mode in ranked matches and won't even let you filter them out. I know I'm just supposed to be playing player matches but I need a mode that just serves up randos who are generally on my level and ranked does that best. Otoh, when I get fed up and take Stylish Potemkin online it's hilarious and fun as hell.

lets play soon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

lets play soon

I might have some time in the afternoon today, I'm going home early for an eye appointment.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Zand posted:

is bb still autopilot trash? I like autopilot trash fwiw

depends on the character

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What's stylish mode? I'm living in the past until the announcement of a PC port in ten thousand years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What's stylish mode? I'm living in the past until the announcement of a PC port in ten thousand years.

You have a special button and each direction on the stick makes that button do a different special like smash sorta. It makes it so your non fg playing friends can come over and do cool poo poo right away

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
does it also auto combo like Wii accent core

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

ZWZ posted:

is xrd now the sfv of anime games ????????????

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/789110602446753793

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

You have a special button and each direction on the stick makes that button do a different special like smash sorta. It makes it so your non fg playing friends can come over and do cool poo poo right away

And I had completely forgot about that button. My main complaint was the autocombo-ing and auto blocking. I wouldn't mind so much if it just auto ran through everyones magic series or short practicals and air combos but it also does stuff like giving Pot an auto combo that ends with his anti-air throw AND tacks on the extra damage motion for you and other various tricky combo+special stuff for everyone. Leo and Jam turn into button mash rushdown who get cool mixups and retard easy confirms into supers if the person bothers to look into what they're doing at all.

I should shut up because I'm totally addicted to Ramlethals various gatling p and k combos but it's not my fault those are in technical mode. I do feel like I'm fighting out of my GG league with Ram though sometimes. She feels like a transformer, if I want to play like a slow rear end big hitter I can keep the swords and look for chances to nail the crouching HS or S (to say nothing of how great the jumping and standing versions of HS are for approaching), if I want to rushdown I've got auto chains that end in launchers or whatever the stuck-on-the-wall state is, if I'm feeling myself in rushdown mode I can tack on deployed swords, I can play half way by keeping the HS sword, and switching between any of these isn't hard even without a knockdown. My only big problem is if I get stuck with swords deployed and the other person doesn't let up.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 20, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And I had completely forgot about that button. My main complaint was the autocombo-ing and auto blocking. I wouldn't mind so much if it just auto ran through everyones magic series or short practicals and air combos but it also does stuff like giving Pot an auto combo that ends with his anti-air throw AND tacks on the extra damage motion for you and other various tricky combo+special stuff for everyone. Leo and Jam turn into button mash rushdown who get cool mixups and retard easy confirms into supers if the person bothers to look into what they're doing at all.

I should shut up because I'm totally addicted to Ramlethals various gatling p and k combos but it's not my fault those are in technical mode.

You also take like 1.3x more damage stop being a baby

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Speaking of Rams, what's the practical ground corner carry into mixup combo for her? I was doing this one but I couldn't find an optimal way to not make the end a gigantic pain in the rear end:

c.S 6P 2D 623P, c.S 623P, c.S j.8D, 66 PPP, 66 f.S 5D6, 5H 5H 6H 66 5H 6S 66 c.S 2D j.2H ...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

AnonSpore posted:

You also take like 1.3x more damage stop being a baby

Is there an indicator when you're playing someone that they're using it? I could shut up if there is and I'm just missing it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is there an indicator when you're playing someone that they're using it? I could shut up if there is and I'm just missing it.

a massive glowing S

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Leo and Jam turn into button mash rushdown who get cool mixups and retard easy confirms into supers if the person bothers to look into what they're doing at all.

So you're saying there's no difference between normal and stylish Leo?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wait you've been griping like this and you don't even know if these dudes are actually using stylish mode? Oh my god are you one of those people who accuses their opponent of cheating when they do combos

(It's a large glowing green S next to their character portrait above their life bar)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
WELP

In my defense I wasn't griping that it's hard to tell when someones using it because it's not. I just thought it was lame that there was nothing on the intro screens and I'm retarded for not looking in the actual match. It's really easy to tell when someone is using it on my level because it's the only time I'm getting COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER, the combos are always the same and my level is zero so there's not many people comboing much at all.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

AnonSpore posted:

Wait you've been griping like this and you don't even know if these dudes are actually using stylish mode? Oh my god are you one of those people who accuses their opponent of cheating when they do combos

I guess we know who MAJESTYmellow is now

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
But in a much more real way yes that is exactly what I was doing and I'm sure I was salting out over at least a few people in player matches that were just better.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

More people need to play Rev.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Testament in Rev when

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Partial Octopus posted:

More people need to play Rev.

ok ill just install it on my pc right now theooohhhhhhhhhh

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

ok ill just install it on my pc right now theooohhhhhhhhhh

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
The noob control mode is like going bowling with bumpers, or biking with training wheels. No one who is even moderately good would consider those things an advantage in a competitive match. People who use that mode are not going to learn the game or how to play properly at all. Maybe they beat you when you are super new and have no idea what's going on, but if you get even moderately good it should be a complete non-issue. Whenever I see that "S" I just roll my eyes, not because I think they're going to have an edge over me, but because I assume correctly that they don't know how to play at all and that the match is a waste of my time.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
all matches are an opportunity to learn friend

playing against bad players will teach you how to deal/play against them

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
playing against bad players is a chance for me to see how much sparrowhawk stance a human being can take before they break.

OR alternatively its is usually a good time for me to practice things that I've been working on in training mode that aren't quite ready for primetime. That second thing is really a lot more useful. Still really wanna see if I can double RC with a full meter to get 18 hits of Sparrowhawk in a real match sometime though.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 21, 2016

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pVMH-0U80

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress yes.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/789178827138142212

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I miss blood in GG

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ffs people just buy a ps4 already, there's a lot of good fighters on it and it's cheaper than ever with the neo and the new slim coming out plus if you're playing rev or centralfiction you don't even need to buy a new stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i am hype for central fiction. so many fun feeling characters

• Locked thread