Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: The PC version is missing a bunch of functionality at launch,

uhhhhh can you elaborate on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone here picked up Street Fighter 30th on xbone ?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Countblanc posted:

uhhhhh can you elaborate on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/blazbluextagbattle/comments/8oe6bv/rank_lobby_random_entry_and_free_text_messages/

Ranked Lobby and 'free text messages' won't be in the PC version at launch but will be in a 'near future update'

edit: Not so bad if it gets fixed quick, but it doesn't exactly make me hopeful for future PC support

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

Anyone here picked up Street Fighter 30th on xbone ?

Opps, wrong thread for this apparently.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The biggest obstacle to getting any FG on Switch is that none of my sticks will work on the thing and the Joycons suck so much for fighting games.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the directional buttons are like a hitbox you use with your thumb

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah, there aren't a whole lot of stick options for the switch yet. :saddowns: Also I was surprised by how much I liked the switch d pad in the beta. Seems to work alright with cross tag at least.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

There's a cheap little USB gadget you can get from Brook to convert a PS4 stick to switch but it's a little clunky to use.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I have an old 360+PS3 dual-modded TE stick, but it doesn't do me a lot of good anymore. I never bothered to fix the back button.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Brook universal fighting board ftw

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

b_d posted:

There's a cheap little USB gadget you can get from Brook to convert a PS4 stick to switch but it's a little clunky to use.

How bad is the added input lag?

fozzy fosbourne posted:

gently caress, I knew I should have gotten that instead of the PS4+. :(

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I didn't notice any input lag but I only tried it a little on USF2 right after I got it

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

There's no way my ufb has switch support now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

I didn't notice any input lag but I only tried it a little on USF2 right after I got it

my goondolences

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there gonna be a BB tag thread? Also do you guys think there will be enough ppl on PC to play without resorting to a discord?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

poe meater posted:

Is there gonna be a BB tag thread? Also do you guys think there will be enough ppl on PC to play without resorting to a discord?

Theres a airdasher thread

Theres no reason to ever play a fighting game vs a random opponent in 2018 unless you are a ranked warrior twitch streamer for a living or are a sucker for bad connections and never learning anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's fun on day 1 for games like dbfz and this where the Lore gamers are gonna be around for 4 days to eat poo poo online constantly but other than that yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can probably slap together a thread for the game but idk if it's really gonna be necessary

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
IDK, its fine for tekken. But I get it, thanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

poe meater posted:

IDK, its fine for tekken. But I get it, thanks.

Tekken has infinite rematch

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Pomp posted:

Behold:

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/

The word Switch is in RED

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken has infinite rematch

They should make every matchmaking thing have infinite rematch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fozzy fosbourne posted:

They should make every matchmaking thing have infinite rematch

Big yups

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Player/nonranked matches should be fine for long sets then right? I didn't realize games didn't have infinite rematches. I pretty much skipped the entire ps3/ps4 era of online fighting games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pomp posted:

Update your firmware, apparently they added it in 3.0.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I think I'm gonna end up dropping ruby from my bbtag team, I love her assists but I am just not feeling her on point. I think I'm gonna run Es for the time being until Mai drops, because she fits drat well into the team.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been using blake (fake eltnum) and Gord for now but whenever a more interesting character comes out I'll swap Gord for them.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I was a lil worried hazama was gonna be too neutered with all his lost options but all the ones he has are supercharged so it works out & I can still fly around the screen while calling assists like a dickhead so this game is good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only bummer about this game is the rematch limit that every game these days has for some reason. Except for Tekken

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

The only bummer about this game is the rematch limit that every game these days has for some reason. Except for Tekken

Even Tekken didn't get it right until people complained and they patched it. But that's just cause Harada actually interacts with the community.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Update your firmware, apparently they added it in 3.0.

it's bricked cuz i spilled spoiled milk on it

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Pomp posted:

it's bricked cuz i spilled spoiled milk on it

I've heard of trying to "cheese" tutorial missions but this is ridiculous.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Any BBTag goons wanna set up a PS4 room in about two or three hours or so?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For all two people who care, of which I am one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/801630/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLatest/

Finally. I just hope it actually picks up a playerbase, being this late after the console release. :(

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Finally. I just hope it actually picks up a playerbase, being this late after the console release. :(

Same here, I've been wanting to pick up the game for a while but didn't want to grab it on PS4

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Oh gently caress, finally indeed. UNIEL is by far my favorite fighting game but I ain't buying a ps4 for the next version.

UNIEL taught me that there's a limit to the number of times you can buy a game on steam as gifts.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
unist has been on ps3 the entire time, a version that connects with the ps4 version and is identical in all ways

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
So Xrd rev 2 is the first fighting game I’ve really gotten into, and while I’m starting to wish I had started with something simpler, playing the game still feels really good even though I’m still playing tutorial mini games and trying out special moves. One thing I’m having trouble with is the basic combo training. I really wish they kept the example of what buttons you’re supposed to press as they did for the special moves tutorials. I try to press the buttons after each other as fast as possible, but I keep dropping the combo. Does anyone have advice for that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its better to play xrd 1st so you can realize how poo poo other games are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hostess with the Moltres posted:

So Xrd rev 2 is the first fighting game I’ve really gotten into, and while I’m starting to wish I had started with something simpler, playing the game still feels really good even though I’m still playing tutorial mini games and trying out special moves. One thing I’m having trouble with is the basic combo training. I really wish they kept the example of what buttons you’re supposed to press as they did for the special moves tutorials. I try to press the buttons after each other as fast as possible, but I keep dropping the combo. Does anyone have advice for that?

You can turn on Input Display and then watch the demonstration for the trial and you can watch the timings. Once you get a feel for how things link together it will start making more sense.

• Locked thread