Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

gg1 is genuinely revolutionary for console fighting games, compare how crap other ps1 fighting games where and then this thing comes out and it's actually very playable

they did something similar with the GBA port of GGX, but that was only playable in the gameplay because they had to ruin the asthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB8mNgMWNU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Mintergalactic posted:

ffs people just buy a ps4 already, there's a lot of good fighters on it and it's cheaper than ever with the neo and the new slim coming out plus if you're playing rev or centralfiction you don't even need to buy a new stick

i'm unemployed and only buy games on steam sale.

Guess life is telling me to play Melty.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I uh, tried playing UNIEL again.

God this is a confusing game. And I thought that keyboard might be closer to the stick button layout than a PS3 controller but no, I think my keyboard is not right for that. Maybe I just need round buttons.

I did like how I only had to use 1 continue despite not knowing what the hell to do though. That was nice, especially since I remember CS Unlimited Hazama.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i never noticed that ggx uses the same lineart as gg1, explains how they managed to afford making such a high resolution game after gg1 did as well as it did, they didn't draw many new animations, just traced over the existing stuff at a higher resolution.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Back on the topic of BBCF, I tried out Hibiki and I like the way he feels and also that he has basketball combos. Also, a question: which of the annoying sword summoning robots is better this time, Lambda or Nu?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Back on the topic of BBCF, I tried out Hibiki and I like the way he feels and also that he has basketball combos. Also, a question: which of the annoying sword summoning robots is better this time, Lambda or Nu?

Pretty sure Lambda is stronger this time.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

just give him a fuckin coconut

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
You can do pretty similar things with any anti-air that hits at the right angle if they're coming at you from the right direction in danger time. I've done the same kinda thing with Axl's 2S before. There's probably more optimal things to do but I'll be damned if just sitting there and mashing it until it stops working isn't funny.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I don't think I dropped a fighting game as fast as I dropped uniel. Tried it for a couple days, saw that even the discord for it was near dead, and simply stopped playing it completely.

I think even the steam version of 98 has more players online than uniel.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Not a UNIEL player, but I lurk in their discord, and it looks pretty hopping to me. At least a couple hundred people hanging out in there.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Probably the console version, the Steam version is dead.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Probably, but then again, most people tend to vet out matches in the Discord before jumping on, instead of idling in lobbies/quick play. My defending of a game I don't even play is a bit strange, I'll admit, but I've seen and played games with far lower player bases that makes UNIEL look like SFV in comparison (what up, Yatagaratsu).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

UNIEL is cool but it has two major things going against it as far as building a player base is concerned: the game was already outdated significantly by the time it hit Steam (and still no announcement of uniel[st] for consoles) and a couple of UNIEL's top tiers have a reputation for being domineering and autoplay (GRIM REAPER).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
the tug of war gauge in uniel is really cool and a neat idea, i hope this game gets popular again and that there is a release on pc for the new version!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Probably the console version, the Steam version is dead.

almost literally the only people outside of japan who play uniel all live within 2 hours of me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

UNIEL is cool but it has two major things going against it as far as building a player base is concerned: the game was already outdated significantly by the time it hit Steam (and still no announcement of uniel[st] for consoles) and a couple of UNIEL's top tiers have a reputation for being domineering and autoplay (GRIM REAPER).

GRIM REAP

GRIM REAP

GRIM REAP

GRIM REAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I don't think I dropped a fighting game as fast as I dropped uniel. Tried it for a couple days, saw that even the discord for it was near dead, and simply stopped playing it completely.

I think even the steam version of 98 has more players online than uniel.

I kinda had the same thing happen for me. I was interested in it from the first announcement, but the more and more it became obvious that it wasn't going to be not-Melty, the less interested I got.

C'mon, French Bread, you know you want to do it.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Pomp posted:

almost literally the only people outside of japan who play uniel all live within 2 hours of me

I really need to go to NCD more.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I've been on discord for like two weeks now and usually every other day I try to get a game a few times, I've had one person play with me. I'm getting tired of even bothering to open it up or try to use it at all

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

angel opportunity posted:

I've been on discord for like two weeks now and usually every other day I try to get a game a few times, I've had one person play with me. I'm getting tired of even bothering to open it up or try to use it at all

Yeah all the goon discords seem pretty dead to me - for xrd I've had the most luck on the "official" GG discord that's linked on reddit.

e: what're you tryna play?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
That's the discord I'm on--the official one not the goon one--trying to play XRD

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 27, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So Mai is out on JP copies of CF right now and she is... Weird. Fun, but weird. Gotta get used to her strange strings and clean hit stuff.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I've got a small discord that's usually pretty dead but I try to check in on it once a day at least. We should play or something if you're itching for revelator I'm trying to play it more often

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

giogadi posted:

Yeah all the goon discords seem pretty dead to me - for xrd I've had the most luck on the "official" GG discord that's linked on reddit.

e: what're you tryna play?

I still play xrd on PC from time to time when I'm not raiding. Here's my steam profile. I'm not very good tho

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Looks like we don't have to wait for the Mai Natsume DLC for BBCFin NA: http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/26/blazblue-central-fictions-mai-natsume-arrives-november-1st/

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So Mai is out on JP copies of CF right now and she is... Weird. Fun, but weird. Gotta get used to her strange strings and clean hit stuff.

The proper term is "trans" tyvm

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also, it looks like Nitroplus arcade got some changes?

It's about time they gave Saber an actual reason to turn off Invisible Air aside from a tiny bit more damage. Buffing cellphone seems like an odd choice though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Also, it looks like Nitroplus arcade got some changes?

It's about time they gave Saber an actual reason to turn off Invisible Air aside from a tiny bit more damage. Buffing cellphone seems like an odd choice though.

It looks like they shortened the recharge time on most of the assists, so they probably just want assists to be available more often in general.

Back to BBCF, spear girls are cool and good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKA0JnzzvA

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Back to BBCF, spear girls are cool and good:

Yes.

https://twitter.com/kasouinshell/status/791500982811176960

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=%22arc%20system%20works%22&category1=998

Xrd -SIGN- is $15 on Steam right now, a lot of other Arcsys games are on sale too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Alrighty, so, Central Fiction US drops in a couple of days, so I'm curious - who wants a day one goon tourney/lobby that night? Either one is good by me but I don't know if anyone else would be interested. Could stream it too, idk.

dhamster posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=%22arc%20system%20works%22&category1=998

Xrd -SIGN- is $15 on Steam right now, a lot of other Arcsys games are on sale too.

+R is 5bux, get +R.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 28, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
if only the GG that i wanted was on steam....... I might even pay full price for it.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

attackmole posted:

if only the GG that i wanted was on steam....... I might even pay full price for it.

Which one is that, Revelator? I'd bet it'll be there in december, like Sign last year.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Alrighty, so, Central Fiction US drops in a couple of days, so I'm curious - who wants a day one goon tourney/lobby that night? Either one is good by me but I don't know if anyone else would be interested. Could stream it too, idk.

+R is 5bux, get +R.

I'd play in a day 1 tournament!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dhamster posted:

Are Continuum Shift/Calamity Trigger/Chronophantasma Extend worth grabbing, or are they the SIGN to Central Fiction's Revelator?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lemon-Lime posted:

Are Continuum Shift/Calamity Trigger/Chronophantasma Extend worth grabbing, or are they the SIGN to Central Fiction's Revelator?

Chronophantasma Extend will literally become obsolete in 4 days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only if you really want to experience the gripping blazblue story (jesus christ you do not need to experience the gripping blazblue story)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought CF.

it is fun

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

They're all just updates of Calamity Trigger. I've bought them all, but really the only reason you need to play them is if you like the single player content, or if you're the kind of person who enjoys going back to older versions of games to see what's different/mess around with the broken stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

They're all just updates of Calamity Trigger. I've bought them all, but really the only reason you need to play them is if you like the single player content, or if you're the kind of person who enjoys going back to older versions of games to see what's different/mess around with the broken stuff.

Thanks; guess I'll just have to wait for CF to release on PC instead.

• Locked thread