Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought Nitroplus Blasterz...who all is playing this game? Seems cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

I bought it earlier today and will be jumping on in a couple hours when I get home. So hype for animes

I know absolutely jack poo poo about it but it's kinda loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's got powerful normals and easy combos and crazy assist opportunities and dirty stuff. The movement is also a little more subdued than the aesthetic would make you think which is kinda cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be ok with tech rolls in Guilty Gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Outside of specials, I never use the kick button.

Why do I need to use the kick button again?

Millia uses 6K a lot. I know this doesn't help you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was when they added diorama mode IIRC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought P5A was pretty much guaranteed to exist at some point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

good, i really like p4a, i could do with more of that

Me too. Its the FG that got me into FGs so Ill always have a soft spot for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup, that's definitely what's keeping back Arcana Heart inthe West.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played Rise because her projectiles were a brain dead way to piss people off who didn't know how to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should have been able to play solo koromaru

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Millia Rage:
j.H: changed into a completely new move

🤔

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's also getting a HS version of the hairpin which is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What is this a MP4 for ants lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I took a big step today and decided to try learning a second character in Guilty after being a millia Main since Sign's release and decided on Axl and wow. This is like playing a different game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going from a character with practically zero projectiles to playing a character with screen filling loops that can RC into more screen filling loops is insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

attackmole posted:

You're also going from the oki mix-up queen to the character with the probably the least oki based game plan.

Any general tips? I played a bit tonight and got into a spacing rhythm, boxing people out with 5P, 2S and j.S as needed, and using the charge move whenever i saw an opening, but what do I do up close? I feel like whenever someone got close all my normals were too slow to really push back with, although I guess that's kidna axl's whole thing. Don't let them get close.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Axl has a ground DP?

edit: son of a bitch the S version works on the ground

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to Bears for winning Xrd Teams at FFIX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

\o/ Everyone give your energy to Bears who just beat Go1 at FF \o/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto for those who aren't watching. Bears is in Winners Finals

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Go1 just made me realize that I can count on one hand how many times I've ever used Secret Garden in a match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He made Dogura character swap :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This whole top 8 has been bunkers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The double blitz into burst was nuts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love Guilty Gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

S.J. posted:

GO BEARS AGAIN

e: that loving burst super between ball hits? wtf

I didn't know that was possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

S.J. posted:

man gently caress

but that owned holy poo poo

That whole top 8 owned start to finish and the biggest reason I'm bummed bears lost is that I couldn't see another bo5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's some good walls of text here http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/Guilty_Gear_Xrd_-REVELATOR- for the whole cast. Well I haven't personally read every character but the ones I've checked on always have good info

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Millia is ftw because once you learn how to manage neutral the rest of the game flow is turn your brain off and spam discs into knockdown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought I was pretty good at judging when to jump, and then I played a good Venom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the mind games...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

angel opportunity thank you for the millia advice. It seems so simple but the idea of fishing for 6P while having the pin loaded has totally changed how I play. Well more specifically how I jump, I never realized how scared people are when I'm not just dumping the pin left and right at first opportunity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The millia changes sound fun. I wonder what the new bad moon move looks like and what kind of height you need to be at

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

angel opportunity posted:

No matter what character this guy uses, he will be 1-9 against everyone regardless of the character he uses. He doesn't have an actual point, he's just parroting what he hears people say, and usually when it comes down to discussing tiers, nerfs, etc., most people bitching online with a lot of hyperbole are just parroting what top players say without experiencing anything first hand or knowing what they are talking about.

Yeah I see this happen in every game and genre , especially anything competition focused

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I care about the Ninja Business Man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Simulacra posted:

I wonder if this is just going to be gg costumes for doa

Yes and probably other ASW games. Maybe a GG character in DOA but who would you use. Would have to be someone with big boobs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool is osmeone wrote a 150 page manifesto about millia tech

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

Wait really

https://shoryuken.com/2017/02/28/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-launches-on-may-25th-in-japan/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

The article says AC not PC

Jesus Christ

• Locked thread