Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone used a Hori Fighting commander? Being PS4 and PC compatible makes me want to get one:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fightin...Bcommander&th=1

That layout is great for certain emulated games on PC too but I don't know if the d-pad is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm kind of confused because when I look for a fighting commander (mind that I linked amazon.com for reference, I use amazon.es), I see both that model and the asymmetric one. Are both shapes current models or what?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Asymmetric is older and has a lovely feature that lets you rotate the dpad a bit but the lock is bad so it rotates from normal use all the time

Thanks for the clarification! As soon as I get my tax money, I'll be ordering one. The bad thing is that ordering from amazon.es is that I'm getting one imported from Japan so it takes like 20 days to arrive (free shipping at least).

My idea is to own by the end if the year Xrd Revelator (the last one if I'm not mistaken) and KOF XIV on my ps4, any other fighting game to look forward aside from classic neogeo games?

Edit: I see various reviews that the pad doesn't last long and the Dpad ends losing sensitivity. How old is yours? Not being amazon prime and coming from Japan makes me kind of afraid about getting an unit that stops working properly after a few weeks.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 22, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just a question, is Rev2 a full release or an upgrade to Rev1? Before I pull the trigger on Rev1.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have Sign on PC so I guess is safe to buy Rev1 right now on PSN and wait for the upgrade, right?

Edit: just checked and Rev1 is again full price god dammit.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crossposting from the fighting thread to get more opinions!

Guillermus posted:

There's a good sale right now on PSN and I got my eyes on two games:

I've played pretty much every KoF until XIII on PC (I own all Steam releases), is KoF XIV a good game for someone that is pretty much casual? Casual in like playing history mode and playing local co-op with friends. Is 19.99€ a good price or should I just keep playing older KoF games (I own 98 on my 360 too!).

I liked a lot GG Xrd Sign on PC aswell, and I heard that Rev is a step up and is 12.99€. I'm a newbie when it comes to GG games but I played with friends and everyone loved how ridiculous it is.

Also, there are two BlazBlue (a series I never tried) on sale, Central Fiction for 19.99€ and Chronophantasma Extend for 7.99€.

If I had to choose one (because I'm getting GG Xrd Rev for sure!), wich one should I get from KoF XIV (a series I know) or a BlazBlue one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BlazBlue Centralfiction is 76% off on EU PSN. Is that a good entry for a newbie? for 12.99 eurobucks seems like a good price and I already have GG Xrd Rev (wich I really need to put more time). I'm a casual player and play either some couch 1v1 with friends or single player.

• Locked thread