Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why do we have two guilty gear threads :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Play Venom, btw

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

I'm gonna play Zato :twisted:

an equally as lovely man

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/789110602446753793

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is there an indicator when you're playing someone that they're using it? I could shut up if there is and I'm just missing it.

a massive glowing S

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Probably the console version, the Steam version is dead.

almost literally the only people outside of japan who play uniel all live within 2 hours of me

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Some norcal guys have a drink they call blazblue story mode, because it gets you drunk enough to understand the blazblue story mode

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kum also has the best win movie.

IK is underwhelming poo poo tier character

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smoking Crow posted:

the only person i actually see playing fgs is bears

are yall just lying to each other

I've won three guilty gear tournaments since Xrd came out :smuggo:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Venom is really good now that they patched his only glaring weakness, and have him more meter on top of it. His fundamentals are solid, he's got a strong mixup game that's rewards you for developing and copying increasingly convoluted gimmicks, and a strong "loose" pressure game. He won't hold your hand for any of this though, and even America's best venom will tell you he loving sucked at venom for years. He's really rewarding to perform well with though, and is entirely worth sticking with even when he was struggling.

Starting out just focus on neutral (see: f.s(a good button), 2s) not developing greedy ballset habits, and using basic P set > 5p oki and you'll be at a sturdier footing than most people are when you start trying to graduate to gud

Pomp fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 29, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
he will absolutely make labbing any other character in any fg an underwhelming, frustrating experience though

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
guys could you not, my jimmies just finished rustling over this

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zooted heh posted:

I'm used to picking fighters that take time to develop. that's not a issue with me. slayer looks intresting too.

another quick question. when you turn the bar to the destroy meter are you unable to block? what are the draw back other then losing your bar if you miss the destroy?

you can't use meter for anything, and you take damage when the bar runs out. You'll never get a raw instant kill anyway, but most characters have ways of comboing into it on match point.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i can't wait to netplay again

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

Whats the tier list for revelator currently look like I ain't been paying attention.

Venom is a tier so the game is good

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zato players can die angry

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
chipp's assistant got an izuna drop before chipp

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i played kanji and Margaret made me quit p4a

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so did the loving kid with the dog

only a fighting game could be ruined by including a dog

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smoking Crow posted:

It might have a hit of armor now

i would have literally no answers to sparrowhawk stance

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://zippy.gfycat.com/CreamyKeyAsianconstablebutterfly.webm
:same:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 23, 2017

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

I got owned very much by axl and bedman tonight. i figured out how to counter hit sparrow hawk by the end but i have no clue how to stop bedman once he is in on me. i have a hard time reading what is happening on screen when he's going full ham and i'm not sure where i can hit a button. Gonna check out the character specific tutorials to see if they have any insight :shrug:

Answers kind of vary per character, but i can tell you that when if he's using triangle dash in pressure sometimes you just have to make a read and mash your fastest antiair through it. It's not really reactable if their execution is good and he can reset pressure forever if you don't make a play.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

I dunno what a "good" bedman is like but every badman I've ever played against online will eat throws all day every day.

Probably best not to listen to me tho.

i play gcyoshi on the reg and i can't loving throw that guy to save my life anymore

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah i want to play this now

do you live in norcal or japan?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i always knew bears was a scrub :gitgud:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

attackmole posted:

Just played some netplayed some Revelator sets against a guy named Ryyudo and he seemed really good so I googled him afterwords. Apparently he's an OG in the Colorado scene and gets around to most of the American tournaments? He was hitting me with some crazy rear end Faust combos that I had never seen before.

Ryyudo is a cool guy who I wish I got to chill with more, and he will see you in Windjammers.

I guess both of those things go for everyone I've met in the guilty gear scene. Stoked to be able to travel to more tournaments next year :smith:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 2, 2017

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know of any high level words about movement in airdashers/marvel? There's lots of them about ground footsies, and or street fighter movement, but I feel kind of lost trying to improve the way i move around in the air.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was gonna say I meant more like navigating gauntlets of heinous bullshit in conjunction with half screen normals, hence marvel, but I guess that wouldn't actually change anything huh

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Gorp posted:

I think the defining difference between a good player and a great player in this game is that you're scared shitless about being in the air for an instant against a great player.
Fazoob, Bears and Pomp all make me afraid of jumping at any point in a match. I used to love Axls j.S before the fear took hold.

i'm flattered that you'd put me in the same category as bears but antiairing isn't hard if you're jumping at the wrong times

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

easy countetech i've throroughly explored - 6p,6p,p6,6p,5p,6p

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i don't believe the man who puts pot and jam in a tier and post 1.03 venom in bottom 3 is being honest

darealkooky posted:

iirc the pc version has less natural delay then the console and especially the arcade versions so you 4-5 frames delay is actually "offline" feeling but maybe the improved visuals in rev made that no longer true

it's still true

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The one thing I still have trouble with in this game is wakeup backdash. Especially with johnny, slayer and elphelt.

https://a.pomf.cat/dgnpop.webm

I have no idea why it isn't used more.

because it extremely hurts when they call it out

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

attackmole posted:

Just played a solid Ram, it's been a while since I've seen one. Goddamn she can be annoying. Touches you midscreen and then you get to go on a ride to the corner. And it's a slow combo too so you just kinda sit there and wait till it's over. And she can combo into her dust and it just feels like it never ends.
You're lucky you missed top 3 ram.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

What are slayers best options for mix up on knockdown besides dash tp?

Its late meaty?

Whatever you think they won't be ready for.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
be nice to my buddy daymendou thank you

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Wow Rev2 hitting PC day and date with everybody else

Wait really

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The article says AC not PC

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

I am need slayer help. Everyone i play has faster longer normals. I gotta figure out a gameplan cause im getting blown up pretty bad on rounds when i cant keep pressure.

Also Vs jack o is a nightmare cause all dandy moves are just shut down if any minions are behind me.
Step 1) have a read

Step 2)bdc pilebunker

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Every Bridget fan is either trans or a creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Baal posted:

New Under Night getting a PS3, PS4, and Vita release with a new muscle man character

Gonna come out July 20th.

top tier akatsuki finally

• Locked thread