Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Who What Now posted:

You vastly overestimate the political influence of a dead comedy forum then. Much like you overestimate the influence of third parties. :boom:

It took you a day to set up a straw man and knock it down? :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't have the time to sit and refresh this one thread like you do.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Who What Now posted:

I don't have the time to sit and refresh this one thread like you do.

Too bad you didn't spend any time coming up with a good retort then. But that's just part of you being a toxic idiot

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's okay. Stein at least somewhat realized how massively she hosed up. Maybe there is hope for the third party mouthbreathers yet. Hope springs eternal :unsmith:

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
As far as I can tell the main argument for 3rd party candidates is that if they get enough votes they get some funds for the next elections which they can't actually spend down-ballot. Do the Greens/Libertarians even have a member in the House or Senate? The New Progressive Party of Puerto Rico seems to have more people above a local level.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

1) Get enough votes for Federal Election Funds (A drop in the bucket these days)
2) ?????
3) Glorious Social Revolution

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Number 1 alone is a stumbling block for even the most successful of third parties so...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Taerkar posted:

1) Get enough votes for Federal Election Funds (A drop in the bucket these days)
2) ?????
3) Glorious Social Revolution

I think you'll find that 2 is 'hookers and blow' and 3 is 'refuse to apologise to their base since they didn't win'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Stein supporters need to abandon their jokey, grandstanding child of a politician and vote for a serious candidate like Gloria La Riva.

• Locked thread