Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

madoka max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it looks good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

popped for the shining reference

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

another thing I liked was when cocona had her wand and tried to flipflap without any confidence. good delivery

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

iirc yayaka also seemed put off/taken aback/embarrassed when papika asked why she was dressed like that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Iunno about ~mind control~ but it definitely seems to be an attempt at communicating that yayaka was caught off guard by how committed to the uniform she was

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm also the inhabitants are weird unholy robot-hybrids

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ya

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the score when cocona and papika went to see auntie together at the end was very familiar did anybody else recognize anything there

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

think there are intentional homages to eternal sunshine of the spotless mind here. trying to repair senpai's memory. cocona looking for papika having lost her but seeing her everywhere, thematically, and then cocona literally getting on a train by herself and going to sit at the waterfront and worry she can never find her way back to her old life

and then the scenery disintegrating around her

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its been a long time since i've seen eternal sunshine but the train scene immediately evoked it. how does the deconstructing memoryhouse get resolved in that movie, is that when he comes out of the erasing memories and returns to the present with present kate winslet because this ep hews closely if so!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

surprised there hasnt been more discussion of papikas role in flipflapco. i mean shes like hunting amorphouses for them despite knowing nothing about them or the goal and she's got an ankle monitor on. pretty sinister! also wasnt their goal to merge pure illusion and the real world that seems pretty apocalyptic. i dunno hidaka and tea girl seem pretty decent but salt def seems capable of enslaving a magical girl to do amorphous spelunking

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats elevens mean

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

season 2 when

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it is too bad someone said the ratings are not good. it is not doing too poorly as far as the popularity listing on crunchyroll. but yeah this is a show that benefits from more time to breathe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i will buy the flip flap merchandise

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i love to purchase and consume products

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i still think one of the episodes is an eternal sunshine homage

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope so please support flip flap