Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

TV Guide says it's going to get "more intense" after the premiere.

Theres gonna be a tiger.

moist turtleneck posted:

http://i.imgur.com/MWy6eo7.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/q0r91Q6.gifv

AE posted:

Edit: There was no smug in telling them I ignored them. It's a shameful thing. I should not HAVE to ignore anybody, because nobody should be bothering me. The only reason he'd dodge the question is because he didn't have an answer. The only reason people would join in and help him gently caress with me is because they want entertainment. They have entertainment now. Can we talk about the Walking Dead now.

http://i.imgur.com/mMfSG73.gifv

AE posted:

I can do this all day. Since, to the three of you faggots, a post's length tells more than its content, I'm gonna see if I can simply block your posts, and then we all win. This is still me melting down, don't think it isn't!!

Edit: HAH! I loving CAN! Ignore list is a beautiful thing. Suck it, fags.

"JEEVES420 posted:

There is no reason to be so combative when someone has a theory that is based off something they missed in a fictional story. Its actually kind of interesting to see where people go with their own spin offs.

"JEEVES420 posted:

It is really disturbing how many of you are hoping for cannibalism when there has been next to no evidence of that is what they are walking into. Something is really wrong with you people.

http://i.imgur.com/A9CQiCD.gifv

"JEEVES420 posted:

Cannibals are one theory (and quite possibly the right one) but lets not call it evidence until the show airs in October and tells us what they are. still holding out hope they dont go the cannibal route

Terminus has meat to share with new arrivals

First episode this season showed Carol handing a plate of meat to Daryl. Must be cannibals

The place seems under-populated (based on the vast map/radio room had only half a dozen people in it) for a place advertising itself as a sanctuary.

Half a dozen people inside, another half a dozen outside at grill, about a dozen on rooftops, and people in the woods. Not to mention they havent showed all of terminus.

Flashback to Rick teaching Carl how to build a snare and catch rabbits. The narrow path that leads to the trap mirrors their attempt to escape Terminus only to be herded by gunshots down a narrow corridor towards the guys waiting in bushes with guns

Trapping people could be for a number of reason. Their safety for one.

People locked in cattle-cars asking to be released

As with last point people could be locked up for turning violent. We saw no aggression until Rick pulled his gun.

Human remains

In a world where people are dying left and right human remains could be anything.

"JEEVES420 posted:

I read those and Kirkman basically said some people are right and some are wrong but he likes reading the theories. With so many people saying they are cannibals I don't doubt that they would go that route to please the masses.

http://i.imgur.com/9CsJIrY.gifv

Stickarts posted:

Field study #1. Date: Oct. 29, 2015 (5 days AG)

Number of subjects analysed: Three.

Reference object: One (1) Small standard Tim Horton's takeout coffee cup, measuring approx 3.5" in height (8.75 mm). Please note Tim Horton's is not at present a sponsor of this study.
Results:

Subject 1:

Description: LORAAS Green. Wheel-less.

Dumpster Gap: As you can see, Subject 1's Dumpster Gap (DG) is substantially less than the height of the cup. Approximating 1".

Hideability factor: 0. Given that Glenn is an adult male human, he would find it a physical impossibility to take cover beneath this dumpster from an undead hoard.

Subject 2:

Description: Blue LORAAS. Recycling, prototype. Wheel-less.

DG: Similar to Subject 1's. Visual evidence suggests a gap a fraction the height of the cup. Approximating 1".

Hideability factor: 0-<1?. The DG itself is simply an impossibility, as with Subject 1's. However, due to the existence of a removable, corrugated metal plate situated directly beneath the dumpster, there exists a non-zero chance that Glenn could have, in this hypothetical, found a way to take refuge within the space found beneath the metal plate. Further inquiry required.

Subject 3:

Description: Red LORAAS. Wheeled.

DG: The largest of this study. Approximating 8"

Hideability Factor: 7. The DG is no doubt narrow, and would provide little real safety from the pursuing grasp of the undead. However, it is theoretically a possibility that an adult male of Glenn's stature and ethnicity may fit beneath it. Breathing problems may present themselves, however, as the human test subject would be considerably constricted regardless of their individual girth. Further tests would require an analysis of Glenn's body width, including head diameter. This would be the proverbial tight squeeze, and to only make it partway and then become lodged would guarantee an unfortunate demise, but of the three subjects analysed in this field testing, Subject 3's DG was without a doubt the most likely to provide safety for Glenn in his attempt to hide from the undead.
_______

Note that these are only preliminary results. For any strong hypothesis to be developed, further testing would be required. However, initial results are somewhat grim for the feasbility of hiding underneath a dumpster from undead pursuers. The average of DG of 3.33" per subject are extremely inhospitable to human interaction. With this average, at best one could hide the majority of their upper limbs which, while preserving their integrity, would leave the rest of human subject body to ruination.

make this OP thanks

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Bring Back Beth

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This seems like just about the effort for an op that this show deserves at this point.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Zebulon posted:

This seems like just about the effort for an op that this show deserves at this point.

I agree

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
So Sasha's gonna die, right?

I hate this show.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Show sucks so what

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

i havent seen this show since the black guy from the pilot came to whatever the hell town they were currently at. Is anyone from season 1 left?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Change thread title to The Walking Dead Season Seven - #shanewasright

tia

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

i havent seen this show since the black guy from the pilot came to whatever the hell town they were currently at. Is anyone from season 1 left?

Rick, Carl, Carol, Morgan, and Glenn are all alive as of the end of season 6. Pretty sure that's all of the season 1 cast that has made it this far, but I could be forgetting someone.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Daryl

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Glenn dies?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wow. I have no clue how I forgot him. It took me a while to even remember Glenn admittedly, so I guess it's not that surprising I forgot at least one.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zebulon posted:

It's OK, nobody died. Someone found a dumpster to hide under and Negan went away.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Someone found a dumpster to hide under.

That discussion hahaha

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/1BZM5cy.gifv

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
it's gonna be poo poo and im gonna love hatewatching this show, IM PUMPED :sludgepal:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

make this OP thanks
http://pastebin.com/BL1cQGUi

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 9, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's going to turn out they found another random person wondering through the woods and thought they were with Ricks group and that's the one they kill. No main characters die.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

make this OP thanks

You are a god among men.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I bet Tiger Guy is gonna get killed quicker than Ethan Embry

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The comics are good again so I hope they do what's going on now

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So is the smart money that tdog is the one that dies.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Glenn dies?

Nah it's Daryl and Abe I think.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Make sure no one ever talks around moist turtleneck, he holds the grudges.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I only skim watch this now so i can't remember who Negan has as his options but if there is a character with them that came from the last settlement they were in, that's who will be dying.

This entire show and FTWD is about the people from the first couple of episodes of the first season going from settlement to settlement loving things up for the people who live there already.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

spudsbuckley posted:

I only skim watch this now so i can't remember who Negan has as his options but if there is a character with them that came from the last settlement they were in, that's who will be dying.

This entire show and FTWD is about the people from the first couple of episodes of the first season going from settlement to settlement loving things up for the people who live there already.

There's a couple.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

The only character I'm gonna be mad if they killed off is Glenn. Not because of any attachment I have to the character but I'm gonna be really pissed if they hyped all this poo poo up, left us on a cliffhanger, only to go with the comics anyway.

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's OK, nobody died. Someone found a dumpster to hide under and Negan went away.

AMC lied, no one died.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Anyone see AJ recently or what?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Wow a new TWD thread. SA is heating up!!!

what a powerful seen

And yeah, I want Tale of a Louisville Slugger and Rick Grimes: Overmind real bad now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stickarts posted:

Wow a new TWD thread. SA is heating up!!!

what a powerful seen

And yeah, I want Tale of a Louisville Slugger and Rick Grimes: Overmind real bad now.

It was so nice of Glenn to spoon his dead body as they fell.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
First episode will be a flash back that introduces a new character. That character gets dragged out at the end of the episode and is the one that gets killed.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Wait. Is there some claim by AMC that a character is definitely going to die?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
They said the reason they didn't show the character dying in the finale was because they wanted to lead with it with the premiere so that the entire season (or half season) would be about the emotional reaction to it.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
but maybe that was actually a big juicy watermelon negan was pounding on and everyone was screaming because what a loving waste of a good melon you know?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Reminder that Negan never said he was going to kill one of them. He even stated the contrary.

"I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole drat lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you. This-- this is Lucille, and she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Haha whaaat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan beating but not actually killing anyone would be incredible.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Listerine posted:

They said the reason they didn't show the character dying in the finale was because they wanted to lead with it with the premiere so that the entire season (or half season) would be about the emotional reaction to it.

If there is one thing this show does well it is emotional relationships. Remember when Beth disappeared and Maggie was torn up about how the last family member she had was missing, and it became a major motivator for her?

Oh wait, that's what writers that got a C+ or above in a college writing course would have done. Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

Reminder that Negan never said he was going to kill one of them. He even stated the contrary.

"I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole drat lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you. This-- this is Lucille, and she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."

Loool

its this. this is what will happen