Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
i make batches of cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Gynecolojustice posted:

I watched 3 episodes of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" instead of this game

So THAT's the cause of the ratings slide. drat you Spatacus :saddowns::arghfist:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Its funny how everyone bitches about no football for eight months and then turn around and bitch that every game sucks

Message boards are for bitching. It is what it is. If the game's good, we'd all just be bitching about the commercials or announcers.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Horse Inspector posted:

So THAT's the cause of the ratings slide. drat you Spatacus :saddowns::arghfist:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

How soon before Febreeze's "Blame Gabbert" shirt becomes real?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Filthy Casual posted:

How soon before Febreeze's "Blame Gabbert" shirt becomes real?

I'm gonna order a loving crate

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Its funny how everyone bitches about no football for eight months and then turn around and bitch that every game sucks

We say we miss football, but we really miss sighing and saying "this game is gonna to end 3-0, isn't it?" because the first possession ended in a punt.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Every game of football is a gift from above and I want to kiss it on the mouth. The browns are the greatest gift of all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

We say we miss football, but we really miss sighing and saying "this game is gonna to end 3-0, isn't it?" because the first possession ended in a punt.

I was loving the game when it was midway through the second quarter and there had been 7 consecutive punts

But then the 49ers had the gall to go and actually score a touchdown

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I watched 3 episodes of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" instead of this game

By Jupiter's cock, this is almost always the correct option.

:swoon:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

After the 49ers scored the touchdown I was feeling a little smart because I had looked at that matchup and predicted the 49ers to win, but then they get to like 2 minutes left in the half and throw an int or something, then fumble a kickoff to start the 3rd and I decided to drive racecars instead of watch anymore.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

a neat cape posted:

We are all entitled little shits.

Also masochists probably.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chichevache posted:

By Jupiter's cock, this is almost always the correct option.

:swoon:

My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Niners are a pee pee doo doo team and I want Kelly strapped together with Baalke on the same Kerbal-esque rocket facsimile charted for a crash landing on the furthest dead planet

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I'm not too thrilled with the option of Chip Kelly, but who the hell is out there that wants to coach the 49ers? And if they are willing, I doubt they are any good.
Even if Baalke is gone they still have to deal with Jeddidiah.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chipkellytounge.gif

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

i make batches of cookies

I made these.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/784487645946662912

Niners may have badly lost two games they should have won, but at least the NFL admits their officiating in the Cowboys game was horseshit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Those are dope as hell. I mean, they're not as dope as if the Saints were to clean out their front office, perhaps starting with Sean Payton, but I definitely want to give props to you for making those letterheads. I especially dug the Oorang Indians sample. I'm assuming these are based off of historical samples? Is there any chance you could complete the league? I didn't see any NFC South representation, but there were a lot of letterheads, so I apologize if I missed them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

these are sicknasty

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Saints were to clean out their front office, perhaps starting with Sean Payton,

Yeah this is still annoying even if you bury it in posts.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

A.o.D. posted:

Those are dope as hell. I mean, they're not as dope as if the Saints were to clean out their front office, perhaps starting with Sean Payton, but I definitely want to give props to you for making those letterheads. I especially dug the Oorang Indians sample. I'm assuming these are based off of historical samples? Is there any chance you could complete the league? I didn't see any NFC South representation, but there were a lot of letterheads, so I apologize if I missed them.

Those are the real letterheads, cleaned up. Sometimes the source material is better than others.

I'm still looking . This Bengals one is neat but I can't find an image big enough and clean enough to use.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

a neat cape posted:

I'm not sure it's possible to consume the bloodsport and not already be a nihilist.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

So judging by the amount of posts in this thread, this was quite possibly the worst TNF game of all time for fan interest.

Keep it up, NFL.

You're doing great.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
there's what, 4 or 5 of us cards fans and a couple 49ers fans? They can't all be jags-titans

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JPrime posted:

there's what, 4 or 5 of us cards fans and a couple 49ers fans? They can't all be jags-titans

There's a lot more than a couple of us, but most of them are in hiding out of shame. Tbf to them, there's only so many ways you can re-post "Gabbert is absolute poo poo" before it gets old.

Flikken posted:

They paired the wrong wines didn't they?

Nah, Spoeank is still posting frequently!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Coldforge posted:

There's a lot more than a couple of us, but most of them are in hiding out of shame.

They paired the wrong wines didn't they?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, there isn't much to say. The team is bad, and they were winning anyway, and then they completely gave the game away to a team that is also pretty bad but objectively not as bad as ours. Pretty much like the Cowboys game, at least in flow if not in the particulars. They're the sort of games you'd rather forget instead of getting worked up about for days.

If Kaep comes back and does well, we should be in a better position to eke out games like this because the defense will be getting more rest and more field to work with. But it's not like we have some monster defense that's just getting betrayed by the offense. On inside runs, we're getting thrown around by good o-lines, and we get beaten outside all the time. The secondary on Thursday night got bailed out over and over by drops and bad passes; there were maybe two drives where I really felt we stopped them with good play.

Plus... I dunno, I keep feeling this preseason-esque malaise, where I don't feel like I know or really even like very many of these players, especially on offense. There's been so much turnover, and a lot of the new faces I don't expect to stick around. The defense is a lot better on that front, at least.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I just imagine every sensible fan is just waiting for Baalke to get canned, because getting your hopes up for any sort of serious playoff run in the next couple years seems insanely optimistic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I skipped a nationally-televised Niners game to record a podcast instead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Nah, Spoeank is still posting frequently!

Death Before Chilled Reds

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I just wish Gabbert was a fun kind of bad. Kaepernick was awful last year but at least he gave us a GIF to enjoy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's exactly what I've been saying. Throwing short of the sticks on third down isn't entertaining bad. Hit some trainer in the head with a football!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I've switched to listening to 49ers games on the radio so I can do work at the same time. If they switch to being entertainingly bad instead of just bad, I might reconsider.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

I've switched to listening to 49ers games on the radio so I can do work at the same time. If they switch to being entertainingly bad instead of just bad, I might reconsider.

You voluntarily listen to Tim Ryan's jabbering :stonk:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just pretend this is a long rant about how garbage the Texans are

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brockenstein posted:

The Texans don't really have a losable game until week 7

Come at me

this was before JJ going

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was also before Osweiler proved he was complete garbage

I'd take Hoyer back at this point

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I can see the future. We pissed this game away with stupid penalties and not taking advantage of early turnover. Plus Perriman dropped a big pass would have given us the ball deep.

Wheels are coming off the wagon of the Ravens franchise. This team is gonna be mediocre at best for like a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Brockenstein posted:

It was also before Osweiler proved he was complete garbage

I'd take Hoyer back at this point

How do you feel about BoB right now?

• Locked thread