Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Browns gonna start Whitehurst next week. I wonder who is gonna be the backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
0-16 for the browns is real.

I'd be much more pissed but the cavs are champs and the Indians have a real shot so the browns sucking isn't so sad this year.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I honestly want Bowles fired for how poorly he managed this game. It was that bad. As I'm typing this, he just called a timeout with 1:50 left and the clock stopped. Obviously this is an overreaction, and this isn't so much Bowles' fault as it is the stunning lack of talent in the secondary, but it's just so frustrating to watch.

Excited to endure another lost season of Jets football.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

Todd Bowles is such a loving cowardly coach. 10 minutes left, 4th and inches, down 2 scores, punt. Defense gets a lucky rear end turnover after the Steelers effortlessly get in scoring range. Offense stalls out at midfield, 4th and 2, still down 2 scores, punt. You need to score points to win, you can't be playing around your opponent's starting field position late in the 4th quarter when you're down 9 points. He also needs to fire whoever is giving him challenge advice because we lose every god drat time.

He's coaching like he wants to fire himself. It's UNREAL how much worse this entire coaching staff has been this year. Just clueless.

Professor Funk posted:

I honestly want Bowles fired for how poorly he managed this game. It was that bad. As I'm typing this, he just called a timeout with 1:50 left and the clock stopped.

Excited to endure another lost season of Jets football.
The best is that the schedule is going to get easy so they can win enough games to ruin the draft pick.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans played the game of football and won and didn't give me a panic attack at any point. A good day

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Brockenstein posted:

Technically "only" 36 because there's no way this clown isn't cut the second it's cap friendly to do so after the 2017 season

Woo

I mean, technically Colin Kaepernick is getting paid way less than $126 million.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

He's coaching like he wants to fire himself. It's UNREAL how much worse this entire coaching staff has been this year. Just clueless.

The best is that the schedule is going to get easy so they can win enough games to ruin the draft pick.

I don't give a poo poo about draft position but at this point I'm hoping the Jets lose out so we can just move on from Bowles and Fitzpatrick, maybe get to see our backup QBs fail late in the year so everybody knows we have to actually get a new qb and don't just fall back to starting Geno or some poo poo.

It loving sucks that this year has gone so badly so quickly. There's plenty of old guys on this team that basically have to be replaced after this season. It would've been nice to at least make the playoffs while Revis, Mangold, Marshall and Harris were still good.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 9, 2016

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Brady's back and the Patriots offense looks amazing.

Highlights of course Marty B having a 3 TD day, but I was super happy with Hogan being a good/great deep threat as well.

the Browns offense isn't much, but the Patriots D managed to shut down the #2 rusher in the NFL through 4 weeks, so good on them too.

Ghost needs to stop missing kicks, though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bigass Moth posted:

0-16 for the browns is real.

I'd be much more pissed but the cavs are champs and the Indians have a real shot so the browns sucking isn't so sad this year.

I am pulling for the Indians to end the Red Sox.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

I don't give a poo poo about draft position but at this point I'm hoping the Jets lose out so we can just move on from Bowles and Fitzpatrick, maybe get to see our backup QBs fail late in the year so everybody knows we have to actually get a new qb and don't just fall back to starting Geno or some poo poo.

It loving sucks that this year has gone so badly so quickly. There's plenty of old guys on this team that basically have to be replaced after this season. It would've been nice to at least make the playoffs while Revis, Mangold, Marshall and Harris were still good.

You probably couldn't imagine a free agent spending spree shaping up worse than Mac's.

The worst part about this is Bowles/Mac obviously will not go after one lost year given how brutal the schedule is. Even if Fitz is gone, they're still wedded to developing Christian loving Hackenberg because they reached for him five rounds too early. Barring some miracle turnaround this year, things are going to get worse before they get better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rjmccall posted:

I mean, technically Colin Kaepernick is getting paid way less than $126 million.

He's also significantly better than Brock Osweiler

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

A football team and a fan meet in the fall, and the
team asks the fan to root for it. The
fan asks, "How do I know you won't gently caress up in every possible way, and then in ways that aren't supposed to be possible, I mean goddamn?" The team
says, "Because if I do, I will lose too."

The fan is satisfied, and they watch, but then a single pass rusher beats both the LT and the LG, and the fan has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the Miami Dolphins: "It's my nature..."

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I'm just saying, own your disastrous contract number.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Titans, bitch.

Also, Brock bad, and I feel sorry for Texans fans for their team signing him, because that team really should be a QB away from good, and Brock is just a terrible investment.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Brady's back, game synopsis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x530xSkAdk

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Brady's back and the Patriots offense looks amazing.

Highlights of course Marty B having a 3 TD day, but I was super happy with Hogan being a good/great deep threat as well.

the Browns offense isn't much, but the Patriots D managed to shut down the #2 rusher in the NFL through 4 weeks, so good on them too.

Ghost needs to stop missing kicks, though.

We're on our 5th different signal caller this year, of course our offense sucks. loving patriots are annoyingly good though.

Ah well, 0-16 here we come.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Eagles you mostly played decently but you pulled some real dumb poo poo on a couple plays and lost to the Lions.

Also that fumble was out of bounds.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions are 2-0 against undefeated teams and 0-2 against teams that lost every game going in.

:smuggo:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

You probably couldn't imagine a free agent spending spree shaping up worse than Mac's.

The worst part about this is Bowles/Mac obviously will not go after one lost year given how brutal the schedule is. Even if Fitz is gone, they're still wedded to developing Christian loving Hackenberg because they reached for him five rounds too early. Barring some miracle turnaround this year, things are going to get worse before they get better.

jfc stop reminding me we drafted Christian Hackenberg, like, trigger warning that poo poo or something

I think Bowles can be fired if we end up with a truly disastrous season. I don't think there's any way we only up with 1-3 wins this year but I think that'd be enough.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

1. Too many penalties, even the legitimate ones
2. gently caress you Ryan Mathews

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Add Agholor to that gently caress you list

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wentz is good as gently caress.

Also good as gently caress: Matthew Stafford.

Posture Pal
Nov 22, 2007

Can we start Tom Savage next week, please

I'm pretty sure Savage won't shortarm as many passes into the dirt in front of a wide open receiver

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Hackenberg is just going to be a loss. And they will be cutting Revis and Harris after the season.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the jets play next monday night

they have two night games in december that can't be flexed out

you're welcome america

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

shyduck posted:

Seriously the Eagles beat themselves.

Also what the gently caress Redskins how did you manage to defeat an elite quarterback like that.

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
The Titans found their running game and beat a QB up so bad, fans were chanting for Matt Moore.

Sure, it was just the Dolphins, but a win is a win right now for Tennessee!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins are bad.

They didn't even shown their full gamut of badness today, as special teams were actually decent.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

My quarterback. :allears:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think two redskins tackling a ravens reciever in the endzone while the pass in the air, one by the facemask might be a penalty. might be

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Bad call Doug. You needed 3. Don't call that play for a rookie, he doesn't know not to actually throw it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shyduck posted:

This is basically every week for the Lions. They throw the flags like loving candy, to the point where even the legit ones just feel like they're meaninglessly bogging down the game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ghost Dog posted:

i think two redskins tackling a ravens reciever in the endzone while the pass in the air, one by the facemask might be a penalty. might be

sounds like loser excuses bro

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
When I saw the Lions were up 21-10 I predicted they would fail to score for the rest of the game while Philly caught up.

I was nearly right.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

They weren't tackling him, it was double coverage that Flacco threw right into.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kawalimus posted:

Sounds like a man who is not elite

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sounds like a man who is not elite

He's not even mediocre.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

i mean, no they had their arms wrapped around him and dragged him down. also are you actually bitching about throwing into double coverage on what is essentially a hail mary? are you really doing that kawalimus. is that a thought thats gone through your head. please apologize for this retarded rear end attempt at throwing shade at flacco. HE THREW AT COVERAGE ON A HAIL MARY?? really dude??? really????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean, no they had their arms wrapped around him and dragged him down. also are you actually bitching about throwing into double coverage on what is essentially a hail mary? are you really doing that kawalimus. is that a thought thats gone through your head. please apologize for this retarded rear end attempt at throwing shade at flacco. HE THREW AT COVERAGE ON A HAIL MARY?? really dude??? really????

Kawalimus posted:

He's not even mediocre.

fight fight fight fight fight

• Locked thread