Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I liked Perriman better when he was on IR.

It is unfun to lose to a far worse team because of severe retardation.

He ought to enter in the royal rumble. Showed some great skill at not letting his foot touch the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rjmccall posted:

Given that this is Kawalimus, I assume that he can back up this statement in an extremely precise manner that relies on some technical definition of quarterback that somehow disqualifies half of the quarterbacks in the league.

by some measurement it might be true it also seems to ignore the fact that hes just as good as the best qbs in the league with time. no that doesnt mean hes as good as them it means he can be very effective in the right situation. no this doesnt mean you have to only have that situation 100% of the time or hes not worth playing, it means he can be an effective qb some # of the time that is much higher than a replacement qb. this is very valuable and not easy(read: impossible in less than 2 or 3 seasons for the ravens most likely) to replace.

i was talking about flaccos struggle with pressure when kawalimus was clamoring for marc bulger to start over him in 2010, and for the ravens to release flacco in favor of bulger. it seems hes co opted half my opinion, shockingly the bad half. wonder if thats ever happened before. probably not

e: just to head this off my as good as the best in the league comment is referencing an old pff article i cbf to find that broke down who was the best under pressure and blitzes. maybe from 2012 or 2013? im unsure but his exact ranking is unimportant and incredibly irrelevant to what im talking about. please list loving goons please for the love of god dont argue with me about him being being actually being in a 6000 way tie for 5th best or something

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 9, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently that last play in the Eagles game wasn't designed to go deep. But the Lions took out the first and second progression. Agholor was the 3rd read and could have drawn a PI. But could have been thrown away. Wentz finally showed he's still a rookie. Still made some great plays. Really comes down to penalties and Mathew's fumble.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.

troofs posted:

Perriman really should have got his other foot down, that was a very nice throw.

Flacco is super inconsistent and the Ravens really need a running game. As a giants fan, sounds familiar!

Terrance West of all people actually had a pretty good game and was breaking off some nice runs, but we decided to throw it all day because ~*Marc Trestman*~

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

89 posted:

Really comes down to penalties and Mathew's fumble.

Yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*holds envelope to head* 16 *pulls paper out of envelope* how many losses the 2016 Cleveland Browns will have, and how much QBs they will use doing it

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/785206348363468802

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Forward down the field

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

A prime oppertunity to gently caress up Redskins, but you didn't.

Good on you :unsmith:

THREE IN A ROW

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

by some measurement it might be true it also seems to ignore the fact that hes just as good as the best qbs in the league with time. no that doesnt mean hes as good as them it means he can be very effective in the right situation. no this doesnt mean you have to only have that situation 100% of the time or hes not worth playing, it means he can be an effective qb some # of the time that is much higher than a replacement qb. this is very valuable and not easy(read: impossible in less than 2 or 3 seasons for the ravens most likely) to replace.

i was talking about flaccos struggle with pressure when kawalimus was clamoring for marc bulger to start over him in 2010, and for the ravens to release flacco in favor of bulger. it seems hes co opted half my opinion, shockingly the bad half. wonder if thats ever happened before. probably not

Tons of great QBs are good with time. There's lots of QBs who can start and do well if they get great protection. But it's the NFL and you have to be able to play with some level of competency under it, and Flacco can't do that. He needs like 100 seconds to be able to read multiple coverage situations. It's like if he sees the guy he wants to throw to before the snap it's fine. If he doesn't, he'll either check it down or throw it away. And if those things are working well then fine. But if they're not, oh boy he's gonna get sacked or do something dumb.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

someone post caldwell.gif

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Tons of great QBs are good with time. There's lots of QBs who can start and do well if they get great protection. But it's the NFL and you have to be able to play with some level of competency under it, and Flacco can't do that. He needs like 100 seconds to be able to read multiple coverage situations. It's like if he sees the guy he wants to throw to before the snap it's fine. If he doesn't, he'll either check it down or throw it away. And if those things are working well then fine. But if they're not, oh boy he's gonna get sacked or do something dumb.

none of this is true. who knew

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Except that there are plenty of things showing Flacco as a terrible QB under pressure. There's some reason he's so bad at it. And I suspect that is it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Ease it back a little friend. If Joe Flacco sucks under pressure was your main takeaway from that game you may be approaching peak Kawalimus.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Except that there are plenty of things showing Flacco as a terrible QB under pressure. There's some reason he's so bad at it. And I suspect that is it.

post some. also post some that says tons of qbs are as good as him without pressure. and post something that has any indictation that he takes a long time on his reads.

unless you just pulled it out of your rear end. then i guess thatd be hard

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ease it back a little friend. If Joe Flacco sucks under pressure was your main takeaway from that game you may be approaching peak Kawalimus.

It's not really just that game. He was ok on the last drive. But he is inaccurate downfield and bad under pressure. It's those two things in general I'm attacking.

There are other problems too, like Perriman not catching a pass right in his hands, perriman not getting his foot down, Mosley's bonehead play, bad execution on the fake FG. Or 2nd and 1 at the end of the first half and not running it and getting the first, ending up giving them the ball back to possibly score and also not putting a kick returner there if the kick came up short. We did so many things wrong today it was insane. Also abandoning the run game when West was looking good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets giving up 71% 9Y/A and a 119 QB rating to opposing QB's this season. Fire loving everyone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why is the NFC East the best division this year. How did this happen?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

89 posted:

If we're not good, we're at least interesting...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Jets giving up 71% 9Y/A and a 119 QB rating to opposing QB's this season. Fire loving everyone.

AFC East setting fire to itself every year is honestly amazing to witness

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

post some. also post some that says tons of qbs are as good as him without pressure. and post something that has any indictation that he takes a long time on his reads.

unless you just pulled it out of your rear end. then i guess thatd be hard

This is from a couple years ago: https://www.profootballfocus.com/examining-pressure-qb-play/

Also I've read all this stuff before and I know he is not good under pressure from seeing these statistics. He's fine when he's not facing any. But this is the NFL, and you're going to face some. Aaron Rodgers is very good under it. Maybe some of this is the play design, but I don't really know about that for sure.

I don't know that there's any way to prove the thing about not reading defenses. But it's just something I suspect and have always suspected. I mean the Ravens or Flacco are never going to reveal that, and there's no way to prove what he's seeing unless I can somehow enter his mind.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 9, 2016

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Titans bitch

Other than 2 plays they beat the gently caress outta the Dolphins and it owned.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i know, I Know. this is a mistake. but here ill post mine first even tho it guarantees kawalimus will never, EVER mention again how he claimed he had evidence to back up what hes talking about instead he will just read this evidence really badly cause hes not actually a person hes just a raven that can talk and type

https://www.profootballfocus.com/examining-pressure-qb-play/

it bears out what i said, flacco is bad under pressure but also really really really good without. and not in a stupid truism "everyone is good without pressure :downs:" way like a bird who doesnt have his own thoughts or feelings might say, but like hes in a list with a billion hofers way. and again, this doesnt make him as good as those guys cause he is infact bad under pressure but it pretty clearly highlights his strengths and abilities as a qb, ones that are worth being built around and towards.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

This is from a couple years ago: https://www.profootballfocus.com/examining-pressure-qb-play/

Also I've read all this stuff before and I know he is not good under pressure from seeing these statistics. He's fine when he's not facing any. But this is the NFL, and you're going to face some. Aaron Rodgers is very good under it. Maybe some of this is the play design, but I don't really know about that for sure.

haha we linked the same thing you are just very bad at reading it, like i said. also im pretty sure i linked it to you from years ago

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

89 posted:

it happens naturally when you have the best tv markets and fans

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chris James 2 posted:

AFC East setting fire to itself every year is honestly amazing to witness

You have 3 teams that are owned and run by incompetent fools and they rot from the top.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
WILL YOU TWO JUST KISS

YOU'RE TARNISHING THE GOLDEN BOYS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

And I am not saying that Flacco isn't very good without it. But it's the NFL and you're going to face some. And his inability to face pressure is what makes him a liability, especially when we pay him what we do. Injuries are going to happen. You have to be able to face pressure and he can't do that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Oberst posted:

WILL YOU TWO JUST KISS

YOU'RE TARNISHING THE GOLDEN BOYS

this is an ancient grudge and one of us must die before the sun descends for the last time on this gay earth

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i wish the ravens ever had receivers that ever got open with any degree of regularity in the history of the team

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

You Baltimore fans sure are surly.

I know I was when the O's lost...

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kawalimus posted:

He ought to enter in the royal rumble. Showed some great skill at not letting his foot touch the ground.

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For whatever it's worth here's a list from (I believe) the 2014 season.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/620929611610730496/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: Huh, you can see how the Broncos AFCCG win came about here.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

i wish the ravens ever had receivers that ever got open with any degree of regularity in the history of the team

Dude you just signed Mike Wallace.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ChadSexington posted:

Terrance West of all people actually had a pretty good game and was breaking off some nice runs, but we decided to throw it all day because ~*Marc Trestman*~

a million screens that get blown up at hte line all day LETS DO THIS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

You do this all the time though, you rag on me for something that isn't even wrong, tell me to post statistics so I look them up and post them then they're not wrong, then rag on something else that I wasn't even arguing like saying he's fine under pressure which I wasn't arguing he wasn't. And that stuff shows him as like the 10th best QB at that time when facing no pressure, which is good but it's not like indispensably good like you are mkaing it out to be. He would have to be at like one of those top three levels to justify his under-pressure performance.

Our screen game is also terrible, and has been for most of this team's existence. Only time it was ok was the Ray Rice era and that's cause he would just make fools out of the defenders.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

And I am not saying that Flacco isn't very good without it. But it's the NFL and you're going to face some. And his inability to face pressure is what makes him a liability, especially when we pay him what we do. Injuries are going to happen. You have to be able to face pressure and he can't do that.

conceding pressure is something no offense does, cause no team is actually really good at dealing with it long term. so just repeating You Are Going To see Pressure as some sort of mantra that makes all his strengths meaningless is pretty stupid. like, yeah you are going to get pressured those are called bad plays where the defense played better. you do realize the defense is allowed to win some plays right?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's like watching two sides of a coin arguing with itself.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

This is doubly unacceptable because our head coach is Todd loving Bowles. I yearn for death's sweet embrace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Fail

• Locked thread