Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

flacco's been weirdly throwing in the dirt on passes that are 5 yards, and throwing from his back foot constantly. i wish someone would take a switch and whip him in the rear end every time he threw from his back foot. he thinks he can do it because he has all the arm strength in the world but it makes his passes so slow and unable to zip into the already insanely small window that his lovely wrs give him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Darth Brooks posted:

It's like watching two sides of a coin arguing with itself.

Or watching 2 retards fight over a brick

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

You do this all the time though, you rag on me for something that isn't even wrong, tell me to post statistics so I look them up and post them then they're not wrong, then rag on something else that I wasn't even arguing like saying he's fine under pressure which I wasn't arguing he wasn't. And that stuff shows him as like the 10th best QB at that time when facing no pressure, which is good but it's not like indispensably good like you are mkaing it out to be. He would have to be at like one of those top three levels to justify his under-pressure performance.

Our screen game is also terrible, and has been for most of this team's existence. Only time it was ok was the Ray Rice era and that's cause he would just make fools out of the defenders.

im ragging on you pretending him being bad under pressure makes him bad overall. it very clearly doesnt. you still didnt prove any of the other stuff i asked you to since youve made a billion assertations and only provided evidence that shows hes bad under pressure which i thought i conceded but i guess i did ask for that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
You know who's elite without question? Marcus Mariota.

Source: The Four Gospels.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Darth Brooks posted:

It's like watching two sides of a coin arguing with itself.

Tonight on Crossfire

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

flacco's been weirdly throwing in the dirt on passes that are 5 yards, and throwing from his back foot constantly. i wish someone would take a switch and whip him in the rear end every time he threw from his back foot. he thinks he can do it because he has all the arm strength in the world but it makes his passes so slow and unable to zip into the already insanely small window that his lovely wrs give him

i think its the injury + the bad o line loving with his mechanics. his mechanics arent super consistent and get way worse when hes getting hit a ton, plus stepping into throws is a thing a ton of guys are afraid to do after an acl.

i have officially gone to hating trestman tho so i guess kawalimus and i agree on that now.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

Maybe we should whip D cell batteries at his head until he stops being a bad qb.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

He's been doing this because he has absolutely no faith in the offensive line to provide a clean pocket. I don't think I've seen him step into more than 5 passes all season. I actually don't really blame him for this. Today, for obvious reasons, the o-line was atrocious.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

Maybe we should whip D cell batteries at his head until he stops being a bad qb.

we're gonna need more D Cell Batteries

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

fire marc trestman

there's no reason to call such short routes with a wr corps full of burners

also kawa and pop arguing about joe flacco in 2016 is some vintage stuff

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pants' Miami Dolphins Quarter report: Ryan Tannehill is still rear end

Byron Maxwell is maximum rear end

Defense is now also rear end

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

i think its the injury + the bad o line loving with his mechanics. his mechanics arent super consistent and get way worse when hes getting hit a ton, plus stepping into throws is a thing a ton of guys are afraid to do after an acl.

i have officially gone to hating trestman tho so i guess kawalimus and i agree on that now.

trestman seriously doesn't have a clue what he's doing. hte offense has no consistent identity or plan and it feels like they're going out of their way to be cute when all they have to do is just play a normal game

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Things appear to be going strangely in Jets land

Rich Cimini posted:

Bizarre post-game Jets locker room: A lot of happy talk from Brandon Marshall, who clapped his hands while taking to reporters and yelled, "Woo" -- as if to say, "Let's go." At one point, he actually said the 1-4 Jets are "in the perfect place." On the other side of the room, Mo Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson -- both in sour moods -- bristled at reporters' questions. Richardson responded to the first few questions by saying, "Preparing for Arizona." He accused reporters of trying to bait him into criticizing teammates. One reporter fired back at Richardson and stormed out of the locker room, kicking over a chair.

In other news, Ben Roethlisberger faced pressure on FOUR PERCENT OF HIS 48 DROPBACKS. :negative:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Firing Trestman, I think we all agree on. These 3rd down calls are like give-up plays, and I don't even think they are intended to be. He's really bad. But like Pees, we'll keep him around for the sake of *consistency*.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

trestman seriously doesn't have a clue what he's doing. hte offense has no consistent identity or plan and it feels like they're going out of their way to be cute when all they have to do is just play a normal game

i just hate the dumpoffs. they are fine as a change of pace but dang he turned it up way past 11 and its still not keeping pressure off flacco

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the bengals are so loving bad lol. enjoy your time back at the dregs of the division you dummy morons

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

fire marc trestman

there's no reason to call such short routes with a wr corps full of burners

also kawa and pop arguing about joe flacco in 2016 is some vintage stuff

i feel like i aint never seen a crossing route all season lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

the bengals are so loving bad lol. enjoy your time back at the dregs of the division you dummy morons

They'll still finish 2nd but it will be like an 8-8 and no playoffs 2nd.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Things appear to be going strangely in Jets land

In other news, Ben Roethlisberger faced pressure on FOUR PERCENT OF HIS 48 DROPBACKS. :negative:

lmao sports journalists are such big loving babies

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

For whatever it's worth here's a list from (I believe) the 2014 season.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/620929611610730496/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: Huh, you can see how the Broncos AFCCG win came about here.

steel
ers

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

lmao sports journalists are such big loving babies

I bet it was actually Cimini that kicked over the chair.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

big juicy nectarine posted:

You know who's elite without question? Marcus Mariota.

Source: The Four Gospels.

Can confirm

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Firing Trestman, I think we all agree on. These 3rd down calls are like give-up plays, and I don't even think they are intended to be. He's really bad. But like Pees, we'll keep him around for the sake of *consistency*.

give up play is hte best description for them. you pay your retard qb 30 million dollars a year!!! let him loving throw it at or beyond the first down marker on 3rd and 8!!!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kelce was out of bounds while touching the football. By NFL rules, the ball is no longer recoverable. Eagles ball.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fire Matt Cavanau - I mean Marc Trestman

For real though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
How to beat the Bengals: Double cover AJ Green and who cares what else you do because andy dalton loving stinks.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

89 posted:

Kelce was out of bounds while touching the football. By NFL rules, the ball is no longer recoverable. Eagles ball.

looks inbounds to me

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

How bout now

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Fingertips. His dick.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

For real though.

Matt Cavanaugh, Jim Fassel, Brian Billick(he was good for like part of the 2006 season calling his own plays), Cam Cameron(I'll give him 2008), Jim Caldwell(had the postseason run at least), KUBIAK(the one real good OC we've had), now Trestman. What a lineup aside from Kubiak. Also apparently it was Neuheisel in 2007 but that year was just trash.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

still

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Third dick pic.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

For real though.

It is nice when we can all come together on something. Trestman is rear end, which should surprise no one. Dump off screens to a loving TE on 3rd and long. What the hell man?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
You can avoid these problems by not fumbling in the first place.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

give up play is hte best description for them. you pay your retard qb 30 million dollars a year!!! let him loving throw it at or beyond the first down marker on 3rd and 8!!!

Holding on first down? Well, that's 20 yards to go. No way we can make that, better just give up and not risk a turnover.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its important to remember as we move away from what brought us here that kawalimus is wrong. but he can be right in the future. We Will See

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
You guys, just touch cloacas

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The worst part is the stupid redskins fans who "Don't care" about the Ravens vs the Redskins will be so smug all week long. "Heh, we beat you guys at home. Heh heh heh. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!! WE WON!!, but oh yeah, we don't care there's no rivalry :smug: "

Then keep referencing the win the entirety of the season, and for the next four years, despite "not caring"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

there isnt a rivalry cause the ravens are good and the redskins are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy gently caress Miami is awful

• Locked thread