Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dilber posted:

Miami WVU in the Russell athletic bowl.

The Big East lives again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The whole schedule is now out.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I'm pretty disappointed that the Buffaloes aren't going to the Cotton Bowl. I wanted us to finish with a bowl game we could win, based on the last 2 games (where it looks like other teams have completely figured out how to shut down our offense [eliminate running lanes and force our lovely qb to try to beat them through the air, which he can't]), Western Michigan is the only team near our rank that we have a chance to not get blown out by.

Okie State gonna run a train on us :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DrunkPanda posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that the Buffaloes aren't going to the Cotton Bowl. I wanted us to finish with a bowl game we could win, based on the last 2 games (where it looks like other teams have completely figured out how to shut down our offense [eliminate running lanes and force our lovely qb to try to beat them through the air, which he can't]), Western Michigan is the only team near our rank that we have a chance to not get blown out by.

Okie State gonna run a train on us :ohdear:

Counterpoint: OKST's defense is much, much worse than Utah's and Washington's.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Benne posted:

Counterpoint: OKST's defense is much, much worse than Utah's and Washington's.

Counter counterpoint: you saw how lovely our qb is at throwing the ball. Washington's defense is legit but I wasn't sold on Utah's secondary before or after the game. We had receivers running wide open down the field all night in that game and our qb consistently missed them. Anyway, congrats on the playoffs, make the Pac 12 look good against Alabama!

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 4, 2016

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Henchman of Santa posted:

The whole schedule is now out.

And Texas is not on it. :negative:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

And Texas is not on it. :negative:

well whose fault is that

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am looking forward to owning Texas A&M just like when they left the Big XII and beating yet another Texas team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nebraska and Tennessee in the Desperately Wishing It Was 1997 Bowl

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the pinstripe bowl loving sucks and should be wiped from the earth, i'd rather go to detroit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

the pinstripe bowl loving sucks and should be wiped from the earth, i'd rather go to detroit

There is no more fitting Northwestern bowl destination than a cold weather game played in a baseball stadium located in a city thst could not care less about college football

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

There is no more fitting Northwestern bowl destination than a cold weather game played in a baseball stadium located in a city thst could not care less about college football

our natural home is a lovely bowl played in texas

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern fans will flood New York, but mostly to take in its many fine museums

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

your natural home is to stay home and have the Chicago's true big ten team, Illinois, play in a ny6 bowl and get blown out

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

your natural home is to stay home and have the Chicago's true big ten team, Illinois, play in a ny6 bowl and get blown out

i am still seething about losing the Hat Game Bowl Game. It should have been us leveled by Louisiana Tech in the Heart of Dallas bowl.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
:sigh: I remember bowl games

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

Same

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cool I can uber right down the street to the A&M bowl game that's convenient.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Florida's gonna beat us by 21+. Absolute worst matchup we could've drawn.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

South Florida's gonna beat us by 21+. Absolute worst matchup we could've drawn.

I'm more sorry that you have to play at loving Legion Field :(

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Scarf posted:

I went to Legion Field several years ago for a USF/ECU bowl game and holy poo poo what a dump.

I've been to two bowl games, the Papajohns.com Bowl at Legion Field and the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl in the Trop. I have no idea what a good bowl game is.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Benne posted:

Houston starts the season as Group of 5 frontrunner, ends it in the Las Vegas Bowl. No wonder Herman bailed early.

And that SDSU running back is going to grind us into the turf, as well.

E: I can't figure out if sending Texas A&M to Houston is a reward for the fans or a punishment for the team.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It will be a punishment for both when K-State runs a train on them. :smuggo:

Texas State Champions 2016.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

Northwestern fans will flood New York, but mostly to take in its many fine museums

Rest assured, there will be many purple pocket squares in the audience of Hamilton that night!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

Yeah I know. They can't go to the Holiday because they've been too often recently or something, so Minnesota would jump them. Somehow that rule does not prevent Iowa from going to its fifth Outback Bowl since 2003. but iowa's AD is campaigning hard for Tampa, which makes sense because it is the Kirk Ferentz of Bowl destitinations.

Does appearing in Florida for the bowl game give much of a recruiting bump?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got my potato bowl tickets. Shame BSUs such a lovely school it can't afford to get rid of that blue vomit for one game.

May Simplot forever rule over this lovely state.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

Nebraska and Tennessee in the Desperately Wishing It Was 1997 Bowl

Were originally scheduled for a home-and-home this year and next, but Tennessee asked to delay it, presumably for the Bristol Bowl. We got Oregon to fill the spot, so all's well that etc.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

It amazes me that they use a baseball stadium in the only city to have two NFL teams

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Does appearing in Florida for the bowl game give much of a recruiting bump?

who could even tell with our classes

We recruit Florida more than California but we barely recruit it these days and kirk doesn't give enough of a poo poo about recruiting to push for that. It's almost definitely because there are more old Iowans in Florida to attend the game than there are in California, and I think flights to Florida are cheaper.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Crap IU going to Santa Clara 3 days after I leave. Bad bowls should be before Christmas.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Scarf posted:

I'm not gonna be there so it's whatever to me, but yeah, it really sucks for the team and the four fans who will make the trip.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We need fewer bowls in Alabama and more bowls in island nations that don't give a gently caress about football. Bring back the Bacardi Bowl

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Payless Shoesource Who Gives a gently caress Bowl?'

But seriously, no pun intended, gently caress Penn State, but they should be in the playoff. Ohio State doesn't win the Big 10 and they're in the playoff anyway? Bullshit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Elephanthead posted:

Crap IU going to Santa Clara 3 days after I leave. Bad bowls should be before Christmas.

I was.under the impression that all bowls are cool and good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MourningView posted:

We need fewer bowls in Alabama and more bowls in island nations that don't give a gently caress about football. Bring back the Bacardi Bowl

The best Bacardi Bowls are the ones where they only invited one American team, to play against a team made up of random Cuban nobodies, and the American team lost anyway.

e: also lol apparently one time in the 40's Alabama's second string played a game against the University of Havana in early November. Old football was so weird.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 5, 2016

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I was.under the impression that all bowls are cool and good

They are not.

The ones at noon on a weekday are dumb

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

They are not.

The ones at noon on a weekday are dumb

What the gently caress else am I supposed to do at work than watch some random bowl on my computer?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
All bowls are good, some can be improved upon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As someone who works at a bar/restaurant, weekday bowl games are a Godsend. If there's no soccer going on, they're barren for live events.

• Locked thread