Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

it's out of early access! everyone go and reverify all your designs

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
as long as this thread is on the front page anyway, i'll mention that the soundtrack is out and is some fuckin grade A coding music: https://zachtronics.bandcamp.com/album/shenzhen-i-o-ost

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

got it, finished first two, haven't played much since

Apocadall for steam name

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Picked it up but haven't gotten past the manual. I figure even if I don't play much I'd donate 15 bux because this is an awesome idea

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

this makes me want to play micro corruption more

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

but enough about your dilz

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Bloody posted:

after you posted this, i looked it up. dang it tickles my 'tism. totally killed the programming team for the rest of the day

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the lovely door lock lives >:D

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It opens and closes at random intervals but it passes validation dammit!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

TIS-100 In the Pay-What-You-Want tier of the current Humble Bumble, Infinifactory you need to lay down just over $3

https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idgi? i have (au)TIS(m)-100
but want infinifactory so what do i do???

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

u buy for 3 bucks plus change and then give the TIS key to a friend who doesn't have it yet. if you look on the TIS steam page it should say X friends want this game if anyone on yr list does.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Infinifactory is worth $3.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and so then i get infinifartactory for free???

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

echinopsis posted:

and so then i get infinifartactory for free???

you pay $3.50 or whatever the average is at the time, and you get everything in the first tier plus everything in the second tier. so volume, tis-100, legend of grimrock 2, infinifactory, the secret world, and dungeons 2. you get a separate key for each game so just give away the keys you don't want

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no you get it for $3.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I got infinifscyory, it hard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyone want a key foir tis0-100???

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

u buy for 3 bucks plus change and then give the TIS key to a friend who doesn't have it yet. if you look on the TIS steam page it should say X friends want this game if anyone on yr list does.

im going to spread the zachtronics disease

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am now playing shenzen io. who wants to be my friend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

same but Infinifactory

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we're all friends

i'll be friend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm captain foo, should be pretty easily identifiable on steam

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i picked up a book on html 4.0 back in like 1999 or whatever, do u think i can beat all these programming games?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
even programmers have a hard time with these games, they're more like puzzles than regular programming

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I would love to have an autistic time sink like these games to fill any boring hours in my day but I'm way too dumb

rip me

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i picked up a book on html 4.0 back in like 1999 or whatever, do u think i can beat all these programming games?

on one hand html will not help you even slightly in this game. on the other hand, programming in general doesn't really either - it kinda captures a lot of the spirit of coding without the minutiae

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeh it's 100% logic puzzle game with a programming theme. if you can sit around and learn the rules to settlers of catan or w/e you can play this game too

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender
I love zachtronics games and yet always burn myself out optimizing solutions before finishing the game so I haven't actually beat any of them. will shenzhen be the one to break the pattern?? lol no feel free to add me on steam to fuel my optimization addiction: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aquariumoflies

like others have said knowing programming doesn't really help. tis-100 and shenzhen both use overly simplistic models and focus on challenging you given the restrictions they impose. I like both these games though cause beating one puzzle usually unlocks multiple others, so if you get stuck on a puzzle you can work on something else. you'll be fine without being a terrible programmer if you can think things through. or stubbornly brute force things, I have some shameful solutions solved by slamming chips together:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Symbolic Butt posted:

even programmers have a hard time with these games, they're more like puzzles than regular programming

so far at least they are exactly like embedded systems engineering

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

so far at least they are exactly like embedded systems engineering

That feel in Infinifactory where your design works for the first several units and then a subtle timing error fucks u

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Captain Foo posted:

That feel in Infinifactory where your design works for the first several units and then a subtle timing error fucks u
Also the converse feeling where the parts collide and it seems hosed and by some miracle it's hosed in a way that everything still works and you briefly feel like a genius optimizer instead of a guy juggling plates and tripping while tossing the plates through the output.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also the converse feeling where the parts collide and it seems hosed and by some miracle it's hosed in a way that everything still works and you briefly feel like a genius optimizer instead of a guy juggling plates and tripping while tossing the plates through the output.

Haven't got that feel yet 😢

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

same, except in real life you go from genius optimizer thinking to praying you're somewhere else when it catastrophically fails

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

Hell yes I beat Small Excavator after working it on and off for a few days

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

fun game. sent friend invites for leaderboards, here's me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

aaag rotations

(i beat the level shortly after this, though sloppily)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

infinifactory is really easy right up until it suddenly isn't any more

• Locked thread