Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ignore me i am very tired and above the law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Somberbrero posted:

Did somebody say something?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

hi im drunk now

whiskey is good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I bet I know what you said.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Poison Mushroom posted:

hi im drunk now

whiskey is good

Pmush tell me while you're too drunk to be a good liar: are you scum?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

It's pretty much the only way I'll even consider them real. I love them. I think it helps us overall.

From a gameplay perspective yeah I agree. From a mod perspective it's just so BORING. Anyways since we have apparent serious miller/death miller/death cop claims this game is going to be a mindfuck!

BottleKnight posted:

Can you link me to another game where you've said this Pod? I haven't played a ton of games with you but I don't remember you thinking this in other games and I'm never fond of the self-meta eject button.

I can't remember a recent game I've said it in (I don't play many games atm) but I most recently brought it up in the observer/dead doc for my Paranormal/Conspiracy mafia game (ctrl+f 'miller'). The only reason I put a miller into that game was to see how newbies would handle it, and was very disappointed that apparently one of the 2-3 players with actual experience got it and immediately claimed on D1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Pmush tell me while you're too drunk to be a good liar: are you scum?
I sobered up and got a milkshake.

Does a death miller count as scum? :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Quid

He knows why! :mad:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

##vote Quid

:eyepop:

Yeah but you could like, just tell us, you know, if you want to explain your vote and let us know why quid is scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I bet cash money there is no cop in this game.

There can still be millers though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Flights of fancy won't be my MO this game.
Steps are already being taken to assure our victory.
Hand it to me, our savior.
Rail against the machine.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ignore my last post there isn't some code there assigning numbers to letters and doing some swapping that won't come up later in the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

:eyepop:

Yeah but you could like, just tell us, you know, if you want to explain your vote and let us know why quid is scum.

I'll let Quid explain why he's a jerk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ignore my last post there isn't some code there assigning numbers to letters and doing some swapping that won't come up later in the game.

I hate you

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

I cracked the code.

It says, "I'm bad at this".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If it helps, so am I! :pseudo:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

I cracked the code.

It says, "I'm bad at this".

This is going to spring back on you like some bad slinky because I'm nailing this right now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poison Mushroom posted:

If it helps, so am I! :pseudo:

Btw are you baddie?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I'll let Quid explain why he's a jerk.

a.k.a. TMM is doing something dumb and pointless, gotcha

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The answer is spelled backwards on the Mona Lisa, and also Dan Brown is some kind of genius, i guess.

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

That's how spores propagate, after all.

##vote PMush

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

a.k.a. TMM is doing something dumb and pointless, gotcha

You seen awfully concerned about a single vote that isn't even on you with over 2 days left until the deadline.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

You seen awfully concerned about a single vote that isn't even on you with over 2 days left until the deadline.

I'm not really, you just made it seem like you had this slam dunk thing and I wanted to see how serious it was, you answered my question by being evasive instead. :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not really, you just made it seem like you had this slam dunk thing and I wanted to see how serious it was, you answered my question by being evasive instead. :shrug:

Trust me. Quid will give you a straight up answer why I voted for him at the start of this real life day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Trust me. Quid will give you a straight up answer why I voted for him at the start of this real life day.

If he ever posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Quid is town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

If he ever posts.

This is true too.

Asiina posted:

Quid is town.

Even if that's true, my vote is still completely justified. :colbert:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Madman voting for confirmed town.

##vote Madman

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Madman voting for confirmed town.

##vote Madman

I don't recall Somber coming in and announcing that Quid is town. :v:

But either way, I never said that other people should be voting him. I'm just saying that my vote for him is completely justified at this point in time. I think he'll agree with me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

I can't remember a recent game I've said it in (I don't play many games atm) but I most recently brought it up in the observer/dead doc for my Paranormal/Conspiracy mafia game (ctrl+f 'miller'). The only reason I put a miller into that game was to see how newbies would handle it, and was very disappointed that apparently one of the 2-3 players with actual experience got it and immediately claimed on D1.

Fair enough.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Quid is a very helpful scum hunter when town, so I'd like to keep him around unless he slips and gives us a good reason not to.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

I don't recall Somber coming in and announcing that Quid is town. :v:

But either way, I never said that other people should be voting him. I'm just saying that my vote for him is completely justified at this point in time. I think he'll agree with me.

Do you have any thoughts relevant to the game? You've wasted a lot of words making a joke vote and then defending it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMM stop being mysterious and just explain your reasoning for voting him that is so justified.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Propaganda Machine posted:

Quid is a very helpful scum hunter when town, so I'd like to keep him around unless he slips and gives us a good reason not to.

This is an old meta. Quid basically doesn't play anymore.

If he sees this and gets upset and posts a bunch to prove me wrong, then I'll consider it a net positive.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How old is old around here? My first game returning last spring, he kept me on my toes as town.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This spring? This year. Recently.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Podima posted:

:laffo: OK fair enough, I'll ##unvote. That talking point was a stretch but I wanted to see your reaction. I generally hate first-post miller claims though.

Speaking of which, PMush, was your death miller claim genuine or a jokepost?

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

Not liking this at all. Looks like a "float a vote that can be perceived either way and see how it lands," and then the backoff saying "well I wanted to gauge YOUR reaction."

This is a little overly explained, Podima, all our posts right now are gauging reactions. Why would you need to explain this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

From a gameplay perspective yeah I agree. From a mod perspective it's just so BORING. Anyways since we have apparent serious miller/death miller/death cop claims this game is going to be a mindfuck!

Back this the heck up.

Podima posted:

Like 50% serious?

So you:

-made a vote about the miller status which could be interpreted as serious or not serious (which is why people asked)
-stepped back from that because you liked the reaction that was made to your vote, implying you were seriously asking
-said that in actuality, however, you were only taking this stuff half seriously
-now are moving forward saying how hard the game is going to be because of these claims you are now taking seriously?

Why are you all over the place with this, Pod?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

##vote Quid

Giants are down 2-1 and I haven't even posted taunting things in the GDT with EYBS images, this is silly to be doing now :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

This is an old meta. Quid basically doesn't play anymore.

If he sees this and gets upset and posts a bunch to prove me wrong, then I'll consider it a net positive.

I think he still plays as town. I think it's his new scum meta to not post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Would it have made you feel better if he had said "it's a jokevote?" Isn't that basically what he said? This seems like a stupid point to be jumping on, and you're not even, like, doubling down on it here, which is hella suspicious to me.

• Locked thread